• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Things LG Doesn't Know About: Is This Mafia? Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I feel like giri and storm are kind of easy to mislynch. Of the two I feel like the Giri wagon is a bit more likely to be alignment-indicative because it's supposed to be based on playstyle difference.

The issue I have with a giri lynch is that there aren't very many data points for Giri's play. Giri is a fairly new player and has only rolled town once and scum 2 (?) times previously. I could definitely see the difference in activity being mostly a scheduling thing. It also seems likely that if Giri were scum their team would have tried to push harder for them to be active.

My ideal lynches today are probably Pendio or Johnny. I don't get any vibes that Pen is trying to progress the game today and Johnny gives me vibes I'll probably need to ISO if I want to make a concrete case on (which likely isn't happening because I'm still on vacation).

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I feel like giri and storm are kind of easy to mislynch. Of the two I feel like the Giri wagon is a bit more likely to be alignment-indicative because it's supposed to be based on playstyle difference.
Storm is Storm. That is all

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So I'm reading through and kinda giving my take on some stuff that I may have responded to or not. Really just trying to give some more thoughts since I usually have to double back on my ideas after I stew on them.

I do think it's interesting that Rag flips from still not wanting to clear Ex to accepting he's likely town in just a few posts.
How is ex cleared? As far as i know he only inherited the networking ability, and not the alignment of moe. Are mafia-aligned backups unheard of?

that said, I can confirm that i was added to a neighbourhood with ex last night.
I've never heard of a Mafia Backup, and considering this game isn't bastard, I don't think we should assume the worst case scenario as the primary one.
certainly not assuming ex is scum.

If backups being town is the status quo in this meta then i'll take that as a strong town-tell on ex.
I don't really think that it was ever explicitly stated whether backups on ZD are meta in general. In my experience, I've never seen more than a couple, and I certainly don't see why mafia couldn't have a backup. This is why I personally thought a cop check would be useful. Ex is known to make wild claims or gambits that have paid off. I don't think he's cleared, nor do I necessarily trust Rag's confirmation. I think the only other way to confirm outside of a check is for Ex to recruit again.

However, I am more comfortable with Rag's take on why Giri should be lynched after his later breakdown of the probability behind the reasoning for Morbid's death. What I don't like is how quickly people were to jump on Giri while more or less sheeping Rag. In fact SMS does it right here and the case is pretty weak.
Honestly, I'm completely ok with a Giri lynch atm. His play has been super lurky and I could buy that he killed Minish out of fear because she was onto him. Also, considering he was her prime suspect yesterday, trying to get more contribution out of him today is a good route anyway.

I think another big factor in the case against him is that he has done the exact same thing as scum before. In his very first Mafia game I recall him making a night kill on someone that voted him during the day. Maybe not the best meta read on him, but it's something.

Vote: Giri

No, it really is a bad meta read. We have 3 scum games and 2 town games to base Giri on (maybe 1 town game, I'm not sure). You played each one. Surely you can do better than "she was scum then and killed someone who voted her, so she's likely scum now".

As of right now, I'm going to trust Ex's claim that he is now a neighborizer. Of course there's the potential that he's lying. But I don't follow the logic of softing to prevent Pen's lynch, when it'd be incredibly beneficial to let a role like his be lynched. If Pen is actually town, it was an easy lynch to let happen. If Pen isn't town, then the whole scum team would be exposed
It's better for scum to leave him alive really. If Pen is Town, he's not cleared until he dies. Since he can't be NK'd or checked by potential vig or cop powers respectively, he has to be lynched. Therefore it's a waste lynch to check if he is indeed town, meaning scum buffers for another day.

Sorry, but I don't see how it makes much sense. How would it confirm my role? And why would we rather know a role rather than a player's alignment?

And instead of wasting a cop check why aren't you considering less extreme possibilities like nameclaiming or even waiting to see if the supposed backup-neighborizer can recruit again?
I didn't word my explanation properly. I meant that a cop check on you, if it returned green, would confirm you're role, relatively.

I'm not sure name claims will work too much in this game. Socializing made sense as the Neighborizer, but Kingdom Hearts didn't as much for doctor, at least for me.

why so many negative reactions dfjsdnhvgjknf
I nailed it
Good job. I failed Calc 3 and gave up on being an engineer. Good luck on your other finals if you have any.

I reassessed my suspicion on Storm. More than likely he's been targeted by some sort of limited power, similar to ALIT.

Vote: SMS

SMS feels a bit scummier to me this game. The posts are fewer and the reasoning behind his points are shaky and seem to sheep a bit. I don't think I've seen him organically read anyone in this game yet.

I don't want to waste a vote confirming Pendio, though I'm willing to swap to his wagon to do so. I just don't particularly think he's scum. A bomb claim isn't something Pen would do. His meta as scum doesn't suit it.

I would like to see more from a few players. Particular...
@Doc
@Mido
@Rubik
@Giri

Need some thoughts folks.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
Yes. @Johnny Sooshi . I think storm is town. (maybe).Because he was like that last time, not the most serious scumhunter.
I also suspect Exlight for his neurological and that too right after pen's claim. So what do you think about Exlight?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Yes. @Johnny Sooshi . I think storm is town. (maybe).Because he was like that last time, not the most serious scumhunter.
I also suspect Exlight for his neurological and that too right after pen's claim. So what do you think about Exlight?
Meant to quote this one

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
uh I don't wanna waste a claim, can you explain it to him, @Ragnarokio?

LG said that my claiming your role (or vice versa) would count as a claim so i'll just go so far as to reference Moe's original claim in saying that although their role is simply "neighbour" it works more like a "nerfed neighbourizer" (i believe those were their words), and so however @Johnny Sooshi is imagining exlight's role to work, it may not be correct.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i also don't think there's any pressure to confirm exlight's claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom