• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Things LG Doesn't Know About: Is This Mafia? Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I feel like giri and storm are kind of easy to mislynch. Of the two I feel like the Giri wagon is a bit more likely to be alignment-indicative because it's supposed to be based on playstyle difference.

To me the case is primarily based on kill analysis. Minish was killed and she was one of the few players who was on Giri's case. Giri lurking isn't alignment indictive to me, and i don't think anyone has said it was. (although SMS said that giri has killed as mafia on the basis of suspicion directed towards them in the past i'm not sure i'd call that a "playstyle difference")

Vote: SMS

SMS feels a bit scummier to me this game. The posts are fewer and the reasoning behind his points are shaky and seem to sheep a bit. I don't think I've seen him organically read anyone in this game yet.

I agree with your evaluation of SMS but i've also had that impression of him in every single game i've played with him, and he's been town in all those games, so I'm not putting any stock in my ability to read him.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
LG said that my claiming your role (or vice versa) would count as a claim so i'll just go so far as to reference Moe's original claim in saying that although their role is simply "neighbour" it works more like a "nerfed neighbourizer" (i believe those were their words), and so however @Johnny Sooshi is imagining exlight's role to work, it may not be correct.
I mean I'm sure I'm not correct, which was why I asked. However, I'm sure that you both want to keep that to yourselves. More to my point with it, I find it interesting that Ex earlier suggests...
And instead of wasting a cop check why aren't you considering less extreme possibilities like nameclaiming or even waiting to see if the supposed backup-neighborizer can recruit again?
...and has just now said...
uh I don't wanna waste a claim, can you explain it to him, @Ragnarokio?

This is what makes me want a way to confirm him somehow. Those conflicting comments may not be scum, but they don't feel very helpful when put together. "Wait for [insert action] to clear me. Oh wait, actually that won't work, sorry I didn't mention that til now."

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think my impression if Giri is decent, and I didn't see anyone making the correlation that I have made. Additionally, I do feel like the previous game, which was his first town game, had him playing alot more active. I noticed he did seem a tad more withdrawn with his scumplay. Basically, I do feel like I'm finally building a foundation to recognize his meta, and his current playstyle is more in line with how he was as scum.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
This is what makes me want a way to confirm him somehow. Those conflicting comments may not be scum, but they don't feel very helpful when put together. "Wait for [insert action] to clear me. Oh wait, actually that won't work, sorry I didn't mention that til now."

They aren't helpful, but confirming him isn't really helpful either, so I don't know why you want a way to confirm him.

Ragnarokio

And ultimately I think its just a playstyle thing. I think as a player you're probably overly focused on confirming people's roles. Using a cop shot on someone just to confirm their role is potentially a waste and someone having an unconfirmable role isn't a reason to lynch them or suspect them. (at least not unless combined with other factors.) That's at least my take on the game. I understand that you probably feel differently.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
To me the case is primarily based on kill analysis. Minish was killed and she was one of the few players who was on Giri's case. Giri lurking isn't alignment indictive to me, and i don't think anyone has said it was. (although SMS said that giri has killed as mafia on the basis of suspicion directed towards them in the past i'm not sure i'd call that a "playstyle difference")
Minish is my default n1 nk if I'm trying to win, tbh.

Ragnarokio

I think thats a feasible motivator for the NK, although i also think minish being on giri's case is also a feasible motivator for the NK.

Ragnarokio

My role is better if i claim it since it revolves around the actions of other players to be useful (but i expect it won't be useful regardless). Initially i was going to breadcrumb it but I think that given we have 2 claims a day, it might just be better to claim it. If people aren't opposed, I'll probably do that. Figured I'd mention this now so that there's time to discuss it before the day ends. Let me know what you think.

Ragnarokio

oh also it completely slipped my mind but i got a message last night saying i was audited and nothing else so that was a thing sorry for not mentioning that earlier

Ragnarokio

i imagine its not worth digging into at this juncture. Outing the truth on the matter could end up hurting the player who did it, and they could either end up being town or scum. I figured it was worth having it on record for if it becomes relevant later, but I think thats all thats worth doing about it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom