• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

They should remake pokemon snap.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
The wii U game pad is basically perfect for that game and it would be a complete waste of an opportunity not to make it. Update it a bit, make a few more levels, even perhaps give access to a few different regions so you could take pictures of all the different pokemon generations in their own region. Who else misses the brilliant cheesey-ness that is pokemon snap?

I think a sequel would be better. You could go to all six regions each with two or three levels in them and a bunch of pokemon. The gamepad would be perfect. Heck if they really wanted to they could make a smaller version for the 3ds. Maybe the two versions could work together in multiplayer?

Claire

The Geekette
I think that creating Pokemon Snap for the new 3DS would be amazing. The 3D view would be pretty legit, especially when viewing the area. If there was a greater demand (like there was with Majora's Mask being remade), then maybe they would develop another game. With the word of gaming apps, it kind of makes you wonder why they wouldn't create something similar. Pokemon is as big as ever, plus everyone with a camera seems to consider themselves to be a photographer anymore, so why not add Pokemon to the mix? I'm personally more inclined to purchase a portable console than a home console, so I'm curious as to that trend, along with the trend moving towards mobile gaming apps.

All I know is that I wanna take a selfie with a snorlax. #twins

Sure, Pokemon Snap was a cute game but too short. They could add other things to it maybe to keep it interesting and make it longer without being tedious. Share photos with your friends, let you draw on photos to practice digital art skills, travel to all the regions, find legendaries, shinies and rares in secret locations, hang em up in Secret Bases, string successive photos together and animate/add music/sfx them for homemade mini-cartoons and comic strips, judging contests for extra prizes and unlockables.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
How about more of a free roam pokemon snap? As in you're not in that weird yellow buggy thing, you walk around each level and find pokemon to take pictures of while they all do their own thing, and you can activate certain things with certain items in each level the same as the original, but you can walk around and get better angles and stuff. Some you'd have to sneak up on or they'd run away, others you could bait to come closer etc. It'd give it more freedom and make it last a bit longer. They'd also have to include the obligatory selfie mode, probably the best thing about WWHD.

Pen

The game is on!
I'd love to see a new Pokémon Snap! So much has happened in the Pokémon universe (and technology has leaped forward a bunch) since the last one came out. If they were to make a new game, I think both the Wii U and the 3DS would be great for it, so why not make it for both systems? :) I also think it would be amazing if they could actually have every Pokémon in it. That way it wouldn't at all feel as short as the last one did, and it would be fantastic to be able to see every single Pokémon moving around in an HD 3D environment.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Yes they definitely should, Pokemon Snap was a great game and there's a lot of kids out there who I'm sure would love to play it on Wii U.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Yes they definitely should, Pokemon Snap was a great game and there's a lot of kids out there who I'm sure would love to play it on Wii U.

Heck, I'd love to play it on WiiU and I'm a 24 year old pretty much a full-fledged adult at this point!

I shout a hearty "Yes!" to the suggestion of a (remake or even better, completely NEW!!) Pokemon Snap game for the WiiU!

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Pokemon snap and the pokemon trading card game for gb are games i want remakes or sequels for. Pokemon snap would be great and be fun if they gave an option to use the gyro for a real feel. Of course i say option and not required cause 360 gyroscope makes people seem stupid. though fun in spinning chairs.

I want my TCG for 3ds with online and I enjoy my trading card game stories. They are cheesey fun.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Pokemon Snap was and still is my favorite Pokemon console game. Even over the two RPGs on the GameCube. I'd love a sequel/remake. It'd have to be much larger than the original. What about having each region be the length of the original game? With a super rare legendary like Mew being the final level in each area. The first section can be a remake of the original. And when you finish one region, you move onto another professor. I'd like that format.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I would love that! I think they should just make an upgraded version; not exactly a sequel but a new and improved version with all the different Pokemon from the other regions and more stuff to do. ^^

Reactions: Pen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom