• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild There will be NO female Link

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Found the pic guys! Female Link is nothing short of Link with boobs. In other words, get over it.1466111223243.jpg

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
when I was real little, now it's somewhere in-between "brown" (does brunette stand for "brown?" I've seen it applied to black hair before) and what would encompass the generic color of blonde hair.
Brunette stand for dark brown hair, or just brown hair. The reason why I ask this question is because you keep dwelling on Link being in your own words "a white blonde Hylian boy". As the same as you, I consider Link as character and not an avatar, also because unlike some people I don't consider Link to represent me as the player. I don't have blonde hair and blue eyes, so I just can't relate to him, but I do consider him as his own character. It just that when I think of Link, I think of him as a Hylian hero, I don't think of him as a blue eyes blonde white boy, like you put it. I feel that the only reason why some people complain that they want Link to stay blonde is because they're blonde themselves. It's like you and I said before, he's not an avatar, he's his own character, or if some put it they their own characters. I'm not saying that we should have an option to change his hair color, skin color, or etc. I'm just saying that what if Mr. Aonuma and Mr. Miyamoto decided that a Link in one game had dark hair, and he had red hair in the next? What if they decide that in one game, he was born and raised as a Gerudo for the plot of the story? What I'm getting at is that at the end of the day, The Legend of Zelda series is Aonuma and Miyamoto's creative freedom, they have the every right to do whatever they want to it because they made the series and we didn't. If Link stays blonde for the rest of his life then fine, if not then okay just as long as the creators are calling the shots, because you know it's their art. Also I feel that we need to stop focusing on what race and hair color Link has, and focus more on his character and what it represents.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Brunette stand for dark brown hair, or just brown hair. The reason why I ask this question is because you keep dwelling on Link being in your own words "a white blonde Hylian boy". As the same as you, I consider Link as character and not an avatar, also because unlike some people I don't consider Link to represent me as the player. I don't have blonde hair and blue eyes, so I just can't relate to him, but I do consider him as his own character. It just that when I think of Link, I think of him as a Hylian hero, I don't think of him as a blue eyes blonde white boy, like you put it. I feel that the only reason why some people complain that they want Link to stay blonde is because they're blonde themselves. It's like you and I said before, he's not an avatar, he's his own character, or if some put it they their own characters. I'm not saying that we should have an option to change his hair color, skin color, or etc. I'm just saying that what if Mr. Aonuma and Mr. Miyamoto decided that a Link in one game had dark hair, and he had red hair in the next? What if they decide that in one game, he was born and raised as a Gerudo for the plot of the story? What I'm getting at is that at the end of the day, The Legend of Zelda series is Aonuma and Miyamoto's creative freedom, they have the every right to do whatever they want to it because they made the series and we didn't. If Link stays blonde for the rest of his life then fine, if not then okay just as long as the creators are calling the shots, because you know it's their art. Also I feel that we need to stop focusing on what race and hair color Link has, and focus more on his character and what it represents.
Me wanting Link to stay what he is, has nothing to do with him being similar to me or not. He's always looked the same, he follows the same template, and I consider that template to be what makes Link Link. Yes it's Nintendo's character, but I doubt they want to change him as far as you mentioned, and I'd be pretty pissed if they did, as I'd see it as no different than changing Mario's race or hair color to something completely random like blue or green.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
10/10 for that insightful comment

Well, it was a question that required the most simple of answers.

Don't think anybody is interested in changing the story canon, just having the freedom of choice when it comes to something that is irrelevant to a story. But according to you it seems that males & females are so incredible different from each other that they will actually react/behave in a different way when faced with the same situation.... sounds just a little bit like you have a prejudice towards people based on their gender?

Well, first you're 100% wrong, because Link being male is not irrelevant to the story. There has always been some sort of romantic undertone in the series.

And second, males and females are different, psychologically and physiologically, and would react differently with the same situation. The deny this is to proven, verifiable facts.

Wow, now we went from having the OPTION of having a female Link to actually making him a female and we went from Zelda fans wanting freedom of choice to social terrorists.

SJWs are social terrorists, period. And in case you didn't read earlier, this isn't about choice. It never has been about choice. It's about appeasing these people.

Everybody can play the game, but does everybody play the game ?
No, maybe at least a little bit more people would get interested if there was an option for other gender.

Obviously not everyone plays the game.

And maybe more would not play the game if the main character was changed to appease social terrorists.

But maybe this isn't about sales or not sales. Maybe it's about making a stand against these people, this loud, ignorant, and hateful social minority that likes to stamp their ideals on everything, even things that have nothing to do with them, even on things they don't care about; they just want what they think is right or wrong to be what everyone else believes.

And maybe we—the vast majority of gamers, male and female—don't want them to dig their filthy claws into our hobby.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Me wanting Link to stay what he is, has nothing to do with him being similar to me or not. He's always looked the same, he follows the same template, and I consider that template to be what makes Link Link. Yes it's Nintendo's character, but I doubt they want to change him as far as you mentioned, and I'd be pretty pissed if they did, as I'd see it as no different than changing Mario's race or hair color to something completely random like blue or green.
Well it's like I said, if Link stays blonde for the rest of his life then I'm not complaining, just as long as it's not catering to the fans and it's something they wanna do, but if they do change his hair color, then I'm okay with that too. The difference between Link and Mario is that Mario is just one guy, and Link has different incarnations of himself, with different personalities, and as for you being pissed off if they did decided to change "one" of the Link's hair color, well I feel that you will get over it, they all eventually get over it. Anyway thanks for answering my question. Oh, but I do have one more question to ask you before I go. What did you think of the Paper Mario: Color Splash gameplay at E3?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
So link this time was made to look more gender neutral so that both genders could relate according to Aounuma.

I said this is the most effeminate yet and it seems it was intentional.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Back during the Ocarina of Time days, I wanted Link to be gender neutral. I wanted the player to think ‘Maybe Link is a boy or a girl.’ If you saw Link as a guy, he’d have more of a feminine touch. Or vice versa, if you related to Link as a girl, it was with more of a masculine aspect. I really wanted the designer to encompass more of a gender-neutral figure. So I’ve always thought that for either female or male players, I wanted them to be able to relate to Link.
During the development of Twilight Princess, I went a different route and created a version of Link that was more masculine. But after Twilight Princess I went back to the drawing board and decided Link should be a more gender-neutral character. Hence I created the version of Link that you see in Breath of the Wild. As far as gender goes, Link is definitely a male, but I wanted to create a character where anybody would be able to relate to the character.” So that’s why I think the rumor went around that Link could be a female. Because maybe the users were able to relate in that way.” — Eiji Aonuma

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Well it's like I said, if Link stays blonde for the rest of his life then I'm not complaining, just as long as it's not catering to the fans and it's something they wanna do, but if they do change his hair color, then I'm okay with that too. The difference between Link and Mario is that Mario is just one guy, and Link has different incarnations of himself, with different personalities, and as for you being pissed off if they did decided to change "one" of the Link's hair color, well I feel that you will get over it, they all eventually get over it. Anyway thanks for answering my question. Oh, but I do have one more question to ask you before I go. What did you think of the Paper Mario: Color Splash gameplay at E3?
Technically there are two Marios, with regular Mario and Paper Mario. That said I think Color Splash, looks terrible.

As for the Gender neutral thing, he's just referring to Link being bishonen, so long as he's always male, then whatever. I'd prefer that Link be a bit more masculine, but so long as he's confirmed to be male and shown in game to be recognized as male than so bi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom