• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild There will be NO female Link

Honestly not saying this at Zorth and seles but if somebody is egotistical enough to not want to play as somebody that isn't their gender then that's more sexist than not wanting a genderswap could ever be

Ya know, I hate it when people start talking about "inclusion". Reminds me of stuff like that sheep and lion in Zootopia. They had no interest whatsoever of taking the story's hero seriously. They just wanted her as a poster girl to make themselves look good.

Robyn_Hoo

Eren's Princess
Honestly not saying this at Zorth and seles but if somebody is egotistical enough to not want to play as somebody that isn't their gender then that's more sexist than not wanting a genderswap could ever be
I'm not even sure that Zorth is a girl, but they did clear a possible misunderstanding up. I though Zorth was saying what you think they did, but they only were saying that such an option won't ruin the game. Not that they won't play...

It would still be nice if there was a gender selection option, though...

I don't know but it sounds like you just called all the guys who hate a M/F option in LoZ more sexist than...the rest of the people (the girls) on this thread that hate an M/F option?
I say that because I'm pretty sure all the guys who hate fem Link on here could never stand to play as her, which is why they demand that Link remain a male over anything else. Correct me if I'm wrong because that's kinda of what it sounded like.

Robyn_Hoo

Eren's Princess
I don't know but it sounds like you just called all the guys who hate a M/F option in LoZ more sexist than...the rest of the people (the girls) on this thread that hate an M/F option?
I say that because I'm pretty sure all the guys who hate fem Link on here could never stand to play as her, which is why they demand that Link remain a male over anything else. Correct me if I'm wrong because that's kinda of what it sounded like.
I don't completely want Fem!Link, but I could easily play as her. But I suppose since I'm not an outright objector, this question isn't really aimed at me...

None of the people he mentioned seem to hate an m/f option. Also, I am one of the people who is saying Nintendo should keep Zelda how it is and just have normal Link, but I could just as easily play as girl link so I can stand it. I even sometimes do play as female characters when there's an option, but it doesn't mean I want an option.

That's actually not it at all..
Link is a character, and giving him options that change his character make him a customizable avatar. Link would basically be Cross from Xenoblade Chronicles X, or the Celestrian from Dragon Quest 9. They're completely bland and lifeless characters (if you could call them that) that really are just there because you yourself can't be portrayed into the game. Link may have started as an avatar, yes; but we've seen him react and have emotions, something exclusive to characters. We've seen him laugh, cry, rage, ect.

Do you really want to ruin a character so you can give him tits?

Robyn_Hoo

Eren's Princess
Anyways, there's not much more I can say but it doesn't really matter whether there is a Female Link or not, as long as the game is decent.

I know by probably you mean, certainly as soon as you could.
Aww, was it that obvious? :sweat:

Reactions: Dio
That's actually not it at all..
Link is a character, and giving him options that change his character make him a customizable avatar. Link would basically be Cross from Xenoblade Chronicles X, or the Celestrian from Dragon Quest 9. They're completely bland and lifeless characters (if you could call them that) that really are just there because you yourself can't be portrayed into the game. Link may have started as an avatar, yes; but we've seen him react and have emotions, something exclusive to characters. We've seen him laugh, cry, rage, ect.

Do you really want to ruin a character so you can give him tits?
So if that wasn't it at all then why even bring up people who don't want to play as a character other than their own gender? The biggest targets of your own statement were people so against fem Link - like you (after all you dd say that statement wasn't directed at me). If you don't mind playing as female characters, then you'd acknowledge that there is nothing technically wrong with a female Link. I've said again and again how a M/F option wouldn't destroy Link's personality. His personality or actions as a character, avatar, whatever, are not substantial enough that he could never act or feel the same way if he was a girl. I feel like I'm spinning my own wheels discussing this further though, so please. Ya'll continue thinking optional tits would totally wreck Link, as you so aptly put it. I'll continue to enjoy the series and get hyped for BotW. And, who knows? Maybe Nintendo will put a M/F option in a future title.

Ya'll continue thinking optional tits would totally wreck Link, as you so aptly put it. I'll continue to enjoy the series and get hyped for BotW. And, who knows? Maybe Nintendo will put a M/F option in a future title.
You act like we don't even care about BotW and solely care about Zelda because of the possibility of a female Link

No, we just want to keep **** out of a good game lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom