• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Water Temple in OOT and Demise's Curse.

I was replaying OOT, and i got to the mini boss fight with darklink in the water temple. and i noticed somthing, the plance you fight in looks strikingly simmiler to the place you fight Demise in SS.
Dark link fight in OOT
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/images/News/Folder/11-05-11/ZOOT_PR_050811_10.png

Demise fight in SS
http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/Z-W_CgqQ38I/mqdefault.jpg
( i kept getting error messages so only the URL is provided for the images)

now the 2 areas are quite similar However the fight in OOT is an illusion, but the place in SS was created by demise, but i feel like their is a connection other then just a cameo for OOT.
As we know at the end of SS when demise is defeated to curses Link and Zelda. that For all eternity, they and their descendants shall be pursued by an incarnation of Demise's hatred.

Now I am thinking out of the box that " Demise curse" is not all about Ganondorf but also maybe this is also the creation of Dark link and that this is the Real cure that demise put on link, this Could explane were dark link came from. Demise was defeated by link so mayby demise created something that is Equill if not more powerful then the one who defeated him, dark link as I know is nor living nor dead and he is in several games 1st appearing ( in time line terms were the order of the games, and to my knowledge) in OOT in this Dungeon . so my questions is. are these 2 places connected, and if so why? and could Dark link be true curse of demise?

Last edited:

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I didnt notice that. Might have an indirect connection, Ganondorf to me is a reincarnation of Demise's hatred. And I'm willing to bet Ganondorf, after seeing how his own phantom in the forest temple failed, made a phantom of Link, as well as the illusion in the water temple.

But I don't think Demise made Dark Link. I think Ganondorf did.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Trust me, Nintendo didn't put this much thought or depth into this. Nevertheless, it's a nice find.

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
I believe the connection is that both are intended to reflect Link's personal struggles with himself/fears/etc. Dark Link is actually Link battling himself, in a world that is created out of his own mind. The battle with Demise is similar in the Demise appears differently to each person--it would make sense that the battlefield is also based on the individual person as well.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yeah I also noticed the distinct similarities...

This doesn't seem like a coincidence in my eyes, maybe its another reference that Skyward Sword had :/ However as for Dark Link himself I think it's very hard to pin point who he is, in AoL he is seen as a test to gain the triforce whereas in OoT it seems he is an actual enemy from beyond and in the other games he makes a cameo appearance nothing more.

Now I know this may seem strange but I think Dark Link is somehow related to Ghirahim. Yes I know it sounds crazy but it's just a theory and instead of going into this in detail I made a thread a while back outlining the similarities --> http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f31/ghirahim-dark-link-somehow-related-38723.html :)

Last edited:
Yeah I also noticed the distinct similarities...

This doesn't seem like a coincidence in my eyes, maybe its another reference that Skyward Sword had :/ However as for Dark Link himself I think it's very hard to pin point who he is, in AoL he is seen as a test to gain the triforce whereas in OoT it seems he is an actual enemy from beyond and in the other games he makes a cameo appearance nothing more.

Now I know this may seem strange but I think Dark Link is somehow related to Ghirahim. Yes I know it sounds crazy but it's just a theory and instead of going into this in detail I made a thread a while back outlining the similarities --> http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f31/ghirahim-dark-link-somehow-related-38723.html :)
I thought about that to. that dark link was Ghirahim reincarnated or somehow conected.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I always thought of the Dark Link as a creation made from Link. It's like the Hero needed his dark side to be cast out, and it formed into Dark Link. It's kind of Like Piccolo/ that other guy in DBZ. Dark Link is all of Link's hatred, malice, and anger wrapped into a physical manifestation. I think the stage is a reference, but Dark Link is, in my opinion, not a direct offshoot of Ghirahim or Demise. He's probably just working for them.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
It's kind of Like Piccolo/ that other guy in DBZ.
Piccolo and Kami- for those that didnt know.

ANYWHO. I viewed Dark Link as a reflection of Link that was corrupted by the evil IN the temple. Its a Water temple and what happens when you look into the water? You see your reflection. But since there was an evil hold over the temple, it took hold of Links reflection and turned it against him. This is just my thought. The symbolism of it cant just be a coincidence.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Well, maybe, but I always thought the tree made Dark Link.

the tree in the middle of the room??? or the deku tree? cuz neither is Likely, im going on a limb and saying your talkin about the tree in the middle of the room. Its just a tree for setting, its not alive.

I like cool guys theory. definitely sounds better than any other explanation of Dark Link i have ever heard!:chief:

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I always liked the tree for some reason. (Sorry for spelling errors, my dog is truing to eat my foot) It's always been fun to play with in drawings.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Wow, this is a very unique find; however I doubt that there's any connection. It's more likely to be a pure coincidence.

Totally thought this thread was going to be about Demise's curse being how hard the Water Temple was. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom