• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Wanderers

Din Akera

Sniper
Thanks Ats, i will change those in my copy. ^^
K4 and Viper, I'm glad you are enjoying it. :)

You guys know the deal now. one paragraph.
--------------------------------

Rad reached over and grabbed Din around the waist taking one foot up onto the rail. Din wrapped her arms instinctively around his neck. He jumped into the air and opened his wings, flying downward toward the others. Rishian sprang from his perch, sliding and hoping down the wall to land beside the rest of them in perfect silence. The eight fighters looked between each other and clutched their various weapons. They turned one by one to look out toward the gaping hole in the chamber waiting for any sign of movement.

The fighters all breathed hard, none of them prepared for what was coming. Rishian looked sideways at Din and then at Kenji. “Any information you have would be good to share right now.” Rishian’s voice was a mixture of worry, determination and slight anger.

Kenji nodded and his serious voice whispered between them. “He will most likely be in beast form. You can’t attack his skin. The scales are solid metal. They have been harvested in the past to be used as armor. The weak spot is in the center of his--”

An ear splitting yell of victory came from inside the chamber. Rad’s attention whipped around and he glared at the hole. The male holler shrunk back down to nothingness. After another moment of stillness a very broad figure strolled out of the darkness inside the crumbled chamber. For the first time, Din’s eyes rested upon the demon. The man was very pale will straight long black hair that hung to the center of his spine. He wore a black tunic, which only extenuated the color of his white skin. A long-sleeved purple trench coat hung to what was left of the concrete platform. The demon smirked to himself and looked about the immediate area, his gaze moving over the broken concrete and the beautiful city. He took in a large breath of fresh air and released it with a relaxing sigh. His eyes turned down toward the earth below them and he whispered into the wind. “Yes brother. I will make it so. Then I will meet with you again Ark.” Lifting his gaze back to the situation he turned toward the city. He looked across the gap between his chamber and the bulk of the city to face the group of fighters. His eyes locked with Din’s. She took in a quick gasp. His eyes were the most brilliant and terrifying yellow she had ever seen. The stare made her uncomfortable and sent a shiver through her body.
Kenji’s voice broke through Din’s emotions. “Mas Yheta!” He yelled with furry across the gap in the sky. “Stand down! Surrender now, and no one is injured!”

A wicked smile appeared on Mas’s face. “Oh, but that is no fun Kenji…” the words came out in an even mocking tone. The demon took another large breath and cried out. “This world will pay for what it did to me and my siblings! I will avenge my sister’s deaths and join with my brother to destroy this land!” The words evolved in to rage and the demon’s body began to shake and shiver violently.

“Prepare for battle.” Rad ordered the group. Everyone shifted to the ready and turned their full attention to the matter at hand.

Mas began to laugh while his body shook. His shutters interrupted the vocal pattern. His shoulders began to expand and the man doubled over, clutching at his sides. The fighters shifted, uneasy about what they were witnessing. The demon’s laugh turned into a battle cry, as his body grew larger. The purple trench coat seemed to meld into his skin and turn into dark glistening scales. His hands met with the concrete platform and his nails turned to massive black claws as his legs morphed to match his now front legs. Mas’s neck began to extend and his shoulders flatten out. From the flat spot grew five protrusions and his battle cry turned into a deep roar of a beast. The demon’s face grew into a muzzle, complete with long spiked teeth, while several sets of horns appeared on top and back of his now scaled head and neck. The five new limbs that grew from his back produced five identical heads to the first while a very muscular long tail extended from the back. At the tip of its tail was twelve large spikes extending outward in every direction from a solid spherical mass.

Kate and Din’s stomachs churned as they looked upon the six-headed dragon. The bulk of it was black, purple accent scales were interspersed throughout the main body.

Toan, Rad and Rishian took in all they could of the six long necks and heads. Each one was black, but had a different color accent scale. One head bared green, another yellow, one a silver-grey, a piercing white, deep blue, and finally blood red. Rishian knew what that meant. Each head possessed it’s own ability. He shifted his eyes toward Toan and Rad, knowing they were processing this information as well.

The demon continued to grow in size until it was nearly larger than the chamber it had been contained in. The fighters barely came to its knees in height. Finally the dragon stretched two massive wings upward from the center of it’s back, raised all six noses to the air and released a terrifying roar that shook the city. Everyone understood now why this demon was created in the name of courage. The dragon dropped its heads to look at the eight challengers on the closest platform of the city to the ruined enclosure. It bowed most of its heads and bent it’s knees. A shiver ran down the length of its spine as it opened its wings, preparing to fly.

“Kenji!” Rishian growled. “Finish your flipping sentence! Its weak spot is…!”

“Oh!” Kenji seemed to snap back to reality. “The purple soft spot between the bases of all its necks.”

“Wonderful.” Sophia said sarcastically under her breath.

“Would you care to share what each head’s ability is?” Rishian was tired of having to prompt Kenji and his voice was beginning to show his anger.

Just as Kenji was to open his mouth the dragon pushed off the ruined containment into the sky. Opening its wings and coming in for a landing, claws extended on where the fighters were watching.

“Move!” Rad ordered and pushed Kate and Koroko out of the way before opening his own wings and taking to the sky with Kenji. Toan grabbed Sophia with one arm and threw her back against the wall, standing in front of her, his fingertips wrapped behind him, placed on either side of her. Din jumped to the side to only nearly escape the impact of the dragon on the city. Rishian caught her hand and pulled her onto his back. He grabbed hold of a small stone and hoisted both of them up onto the building out of the way. He gripped the stone and they both turned back to see the dragon smash down where they had all just been and where Toan and Sophia still were, pressed against the concrete.

The impact of the huge dragon rocked the City in the Sky. The propellers momentarily lost their positions in the sky and the side the demon had set down on dipped downward. The devices soon righted the platforms and walkways with much strain and effort at the new weight.

The dragon looked at the scattered fighters with its different heads. Din wrapped her arms around Rishian’s neck out of fear as the silver accented head turned to them with its piercing yellow stare. The Sheikah reacted quickly and grabbed at the small cracks in the wall. Climbing with incredible speed, he glanced back to see the head winding up and its mouth opening.

“Arg! Hold on!” Rishian leapt up into the air, off the wall grabbing at Din’s arms around his neck to hold her. Just as they left the wall the silver scaled head released a massive black spike. It shot out from its mouth and barred into the building where the two had been perched. The massive projectile burst the wall apart and rubble came crumbling down to the platform below.
Rishian landed softly on the narrow metal pathway below with Din on his back. He quickly spun around to look up at the massive onyx spike that had been released from the dragon’s mouth.
Two of the dragons’ heads turned down, looking toward Toan and Sophia, pressed defensively against the wall of the building. The green and blue-scaled heads curled their lips back and wound up in the same patterned as the silver head.

Toan tensed and crouched in swift reaction. Sophia grabbed around his neck and he jumped forcefully into the air. Swinging his left arm in a circular motion, a gust of air swept under them and pushed them up toward Rad and Kenji.

The green and blue heads released a spray of liquid at the spot the two had been standing in. Each one matching the accent color of the head it came from. The deep blue liquid was thick and impacted the side of the building with little force. But then it began to run down, as gravity pulled at it. The steam coming from the deep blue substance was obvious to all the fighters present. The green spray licked the wall behind the first and the stone began to degrade and crumble at its soft touch.

Sophia reached up as Toan’s jump and wind gust began to level out. Kenji grabbed he by the hand and pulled her onto his back. Swooping slightly Rad caught Toan’s wrist and held the man in the air as the two liquids slowly destroyed the face of the building.

The dragon roared fiercely at its double miss. The yellow head extended upward, pointing its nose into the sky. With a deep breath it released a shot of lighting into the sky. The demon was agitated and making sure everyone knew.

“Dear goddesses…” Din’s voice came out under her breath.

Koroko watched with great intent and great fear. He knew he couldn’t fight, but he could study the battle and help with information. “Guys!” He hollered at the scattered groupings. “The blue head is molten tar, green is acid, yellow is lighting, and sliver is onyx spikes!”

Rishian took in all that the Kokiri said and was thankful someone could identify and watch for them. “Watch them Koroko! And holler good if someone doesn’t see the breath coming!” The Kokiri nodded in understanding.

Kate shifted beside him and glared up at the demon. “What about the red and white ones?”

Koroko shuffled away from the battle slightly. “I guess we’ll have to find out…” The worry in his voice was so heavy a shiver ran down Kate’s spine.

(Chapter continues)

Din Akera

Sniper
Okay everyone, I have an announcement that i don' know how you will all take.

The Wanders is going to be reworked. I am starting on draft two. There are going to be some changes to the plot line and characters. Before any of you throw anything at me, let me say, It will be finished, I will not quit on you. But it does mean that it is going to take some time alright. Much you will recognize, but there will some extentions to exisiting scenes, completely new ones, slight changes to some, and extensive changes to others. For now, I say please wait patiently. I have a lot going on right now so I'm fairly busy and therefore slightly behind.

One last thing. I will be making a new thread for it. I will post a link and the title in this thread. Thanks everyone for reading this much of first draft. Your comments are encouraging and will help me greatly with draft 2. ^^

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
Oh, you can NOT be serious. That is just SAD!

I'm guessing that you will be fixing typos when you rework it (grumble grumble) so I won't bother pointing them out! :)

To be honest with you I don't think it needs reworking, and I would just finish it off as it is. I'm sure that the rest of the people reading this fan fic would agree with me. But, as you like it!

(P.S. I'm not new, but I have been keeping up to date. Just not posting! :))
(P.P.S. Would you be kind enough to at least finish our chapter for us? That would be lovely! ;))

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Oh okay, Dinny. Well take your time, have fun and I will be keeping my eye out. Thanks for letting us know of your plans. ~Atsuma

Din Akera

Sniper
Oh, you can NOT be serious. That is just SAD!

I'm guessing that you will be fixing typos when you rework it (grumble grumble) so I won't bother pointing them out! :)

To be honest with you I don't think it needs reworking, and I would just finish it off as it is. I'm sure that the rest of the people reading this fan fic would agree with me. But, as you like it!

(P.S. I'm not new, but I have been keeping up to date. Just not posting! :))
(P.P.S. Would you be kind enough to at least finish our chapter for us? That would be lovely! ;))

Hey hey! I said not getting upset! It will be finished! I promise, it has to be.
And the reworking part has a lot to do with where the story was going. I am making some changes to how the ending and therefore had to change parts of the beginning. so instead of changing the little things, I'm going to just redo parts of it. I also feel that the beginning is not as strong as the rest of it, so this will give me opportunity to fix it up a bit.

I am so amazed at how many silent fans/reader there are for this story. Please everyone, post your comments and feedback. it gives me encouragement to keep going and helps me improve my writing.

and you are welcome Ats.

The first bit should go pretty fast as there won't be any major new sections so I will just be changing not writing from scratch. So once it starts appearing it should continue fairly fast.

Din Akera

Sniper
Alright so i realized today that I was posting my reworked version of my story and that I had not posted the link here. THis is the new one. It is already up to chapter 7. Please read if you still would like. The story will be at the place it was when I stopped in only one or two more chapters. I hope you all still enjoy. and remember, please, please post feedback. The link is also in my sig.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?11512-The-Wanderers-Reworked

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom