• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Two Zoras

Megamannt125

Blue Link
There is the friendly Zoras, most commonly white with a humanoid shape and a largr fin on it's head (varies) and the evil ones that are green with two fins on each side of their heads and can shoot ball things, we've yet to see both of these types in one game, could this relate to a timeline? And why are they so different?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I believe they must be different species. The "evil" ones being river zoras if I remember it correctly. I am not really sure why we never see them in the same games (because we don´t I think?). They don´t look very similar and I believe there should be no big problems having them both in the same game. I doubt it is a question of timeline issues though, but what do I know? Is A Link to the past supposed to occur after Twilight Princess? In that case they might have evolved (the Zoras from OoT, MM and TP) into the river zoras found in LoZ and AlttP. Maybe you have one of the answers to why there are no Zoras in WW or PH :)

(And maybe it is a timeline issue after all)

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
The Zola are evil Zora and the normal, beautiful majestic Zora that we know and love are the good ones.

The Zola are the ones in the original games that spat fireballs at Link.

I believe that the Zora then evolved into Rito. They're there. Just in a different form.

A

Avia Rayne

Yep, I agree with Zeanith. The Zola are the evil ones and the Zora are the good ones.

Although I can't really say that that is true, because in A Link to the Past, they are called Zoras, even though they are evil (with the exception of the King Zora). I know that the manual for Legend of Zelda calls them Zolas, but I believe the translation to Zora was accidental (or vise versa, as many letters in English are the same character in Japanese).

Personally, I think they are completely different species. I think for Oracle of Ages, they should have retained the name Zola for the River Zoras and just called the Sea Zoras, well, Zoras. It would eliminate so much confusion if they did.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I think for Oracle of Ages, they should have retained the name Zola for the River Zoras and just called the Sea Zoras, well, Zoras. It would eliminate so much confusion if they did.

How stupid of me!! How could I forget about Oracle of Ages :(

Well guess we have an important answer, that´s good. They have both been found in the same game, the zolas/river zoras and the "ordinary" zoras. So it seems it was not an issue of timeline in this specific case?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
There are now Zora Warriors, the big fish guys in PH (and in the ST trailer) who have a sword and shield. I guess the River Zoras evolved, too, but just not as drastically as the Ocean Zora.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I always assmed they were different species of the same class of creature. The silver / white Zoras were more civilized and the green gilled ones were more feral and beast-like. I always thought it would be neat to have a backstory where the two clans of Zoras were at war with each other.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
There is the friendly Zoras, most commonly white with a humanoid shape and a largr fin on it's head (varies) and the evil ones that are green with two fins on each side of their heads and can shoot ball things, we've yet to see both of these types in one game, could this relate to a timeline? And why are they so different?

I think that zoras can be both good or evil just like hylians, gerudos, humans, and just about everything both real and unreal. It's rather simple. Or maybe the evil zoras (zolas) are simply usual zoras but they are guarding their eggs or babies. of course this probably can't be proven only by nintendo but what are we gonna do? stop buying zelda games? as if! they're way to fun!

startimer

Resident Cartographer
they have appeared in the same game. in OoA, there are river zoras (evil) and sea zoras (good) the sea zoras often express they're distaste for the river zoras, so i doubt they're at all related. btw, 'zola' was a mistranslation and was only used in the first game

EDIT: dang, Avia beat me to it :(

Zarom

The King
Yeah. There are the Sea Zoras and the Zoras. They're completely two different races! There was also the Zolas in some games. :zora::zora::zora:

And then, in WW, the Zoras have evolved into Ritos! :zora:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Don't the river Zora (Zola) and the regular Zora both appear in one of the Oracle games? I'm pretty sure they both appear in the same game in one of the Oracle games.

Zarom

The King
Don't the river Zora (Zola) and the regular Zora both appear in one of the Oracle games? I'm pretty sure they both appear in the same game in one of the Oracle games.

Yeah. They both appear in OOA. Like I said above, Sea Zoras and Zoras. :zora::zora:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom