• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Tower in the Box Art

R

Rylander77

The Backround

EuropeanBoxArtwork.jpg

See the tower in the background, I know it's pretty early, but I wonder what it could be, and could it play a significant role in the story?

Also, if you look near the tower you can see ice mountains, normal mountains, and a volcano. Maybe these could be some important dungeons. -Rylander77

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
The "four areas surrounding the tower" idea does some pretty viable- on the top screen map in the original trailer you can see a Castle (most likely Hyrule Castle) at the top right corner of the map (and judging by the pattern on two of the map sides, it's most likely another 4-part map like in PH...) which would mean [Hyrule] Castle is situated roughly in the center of the overworld... and if the Tower is behind the Castle (like in the screenshots Adam posted) then it could very well be surrounded by 4 different areas, one in each section of the map.

(if that makes any sense). And now I'm seriously being reminded of the Clock Tower and Termina... could it be possible they stumbled upon Termina in their quest for new Hyrule? Termina was advanced enough for Trains (they had the clocktower, the Ikanas, and even plans for a rocket to the moon in the bomb shop)... The tower definitely seems to draw from MM and it's clock tower, that much can be seen. Eh, just a thought.

But I hope there's more than 5 dungeons then (like Megamannt125 pointed out)... PH was on the short side with 7... so ST would be too short then (imo) o_o

Last edited:
N

Notorious NATE

Those blue colored mountains and the rock in the background are most likely dungeons that Link must travel to in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if a tower could be a dungeon as well.

Z

zelda1947

The right of the tower sure looks like a volcano where gordons might be living, not so much as tracks around a mountain, could be a path around a volcano that probably has a dungeon. We sure can tell we will be going up to the snow again, But the tower reminds me of Tingle, could it be????

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
73oygx.png

...It appears to be fairly early in the game, so I doubt the track was drawn, due to Nintendo saying you can draw your tracks later in the game. Also, notice the tower is now located on the map in the very top right corner. Just a little thing I noticed.

HAH, so the Tower is in the center of the map, with probably 4 screens around it... and this looks like a forest one to me! Also it seems to be fairly important if it has an icon on the map and is in the probable center of the overworld... but please don't let it be another Temple of the Ocean King :(
I wonder what the other icons are... maybe stations? And is that the great deku tree?

I wonder what it could be for... it would surely be seen everywhere in the overworld (so it must be fairly important), so it would make some sense for it to be some kind of Clock Tower or something... but it looks kind of likely it's a dungeon or something. idk.

Last edited:

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
Maybe the tower will be a new "temple of the ocean king" that you must beat over and over again...

I hope it won't . =_="

The Japanese teaser site for ST opened, and the front page has a nice, colorful, hi-res picture of the box art. Not that big of a difference from the box art we were referencing before, but the new picture is more colorful and a little bit more detail can be seen in it. Nothing too major though.

3166qzq.png

If you guys want to see the teaser site for yourself and you haven't already, it's here.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Hey cool... now it seems to look like it's spilt up into sections... and if it is another Temple of the Ocean King, then maybe you have to complete a certain portion of the game and obtain certain items before you can advance to the next level in the tower... I don't know what could be at the top though.
Or maybe you have to get missing cogs or something to be able to rise to the next level. *random speculation*

But the symbol on top is definitely the same one as on the train :3
I just looked at it then and it makes me think of the Tower of the Gods from Wind Waker, for some reason also. If it hadn't been stated by several nintendo people that it's set 100 years after PH, that's what my guess would probably have been lol.
It's interesting all the same. And I keep posting on this thread too much. I should shut up for a while lol :D

Hey cool... now it seems to look like it's spilt up into sections... and if it is another Temple of the Ocean King, then maybe you have to complete a certain portion of the game and obtain certain items before you can advance to the next level in the tower... I don't know what could be at the top though.
Or maybe you have to get missing cogs or something to be able to rise to the next level. *random speculation*

But the symbol on top is definitely the same one as on the train :3
I just looked at it then and it makes me think of the Tower of the Gods from Wind Waker, for some reason also. If it hadn't been stated by several nintendo people that it's set 100 years after PH, that's what my guess would probably have been lol.
It's interesting all the same. And I keep posting on this thread too much. I should shut up for a while lol :D

well, for one, if it is a tower of the ocean king, i know what would be at the top. the final boss! just like PH.
other wise, maybe it is the tower of the gods. the great sea could have drained, and the resulting land would have a big tower smack dab in the middle. maybe it's both options combined. that would be cool :cool:.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Well I couldn't see any other posts about it in this thread, so......

We all realize that the Phantoms shield looks exactly like this tower, don't we?

nin03.jpg

Well I couldn't see any other posts about it in this thread, so......

We all realize that the Phantoms shield looks exactly like this tower, don't we?

Wow, I never noticed that before. The shield certainly does resemble the tower. That gets me thinking, is the tower a dungeon, and the phantom will only appear in that dungeon? I say this because if you look at the E3 trailer, three distinct dungeons can be seen (One with the Phantom, the Forest themed dungeon, and the dungeon with the Whip), and the Phantom only appears in one.

Of course, there is evidence against my thinking. I remember an NoA representative saying that the Phantom will appear in all dungeons, but then again, it wouldn't be the first time NoA was wrong. Also, the sections of the dungeons shown in the E3 trailer could have been a part of the dungeon where the Phantom isn't allowed to go.

I'll just stop talking before I completely disprove my theory. >_<

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
HEY yeah! If it is a TotOK tower, then it makes sense for the phantom would be in there, or be found in there originally...

But wow, I hadn't noticed that xDD
You seem to be great at spotting important details, Adam :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom