• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Tower in the Box Art

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I wonder what that towers purpose is. Maybe it is a dungeon, but maybe hyrule castle is a bit too close. The top of the tower looks a bit like a drill >.>

I sure hope it is not the 'new tower of the ocean king'. Instead of going down, you have to go up several levels to reach the end.......let's just hope I'm completly wrong.

I wonder what that towers purpose is. Maybe it is a dungeon, but maybe hyrule castle is a bit too close. The top of the tower looks a bit like a drill >.>

I sure hope it is not the 'new tower of the ocean king'. Instead of going down, you have to go up several levels to reach the end.......let's just hope I'm completly wrong.

Maybe it's Vaati's tower orrrrr the one in oracle of ages??? Or a new enemy!
Yeah ocean kings temple -shrugs-

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Oh gosh not another TotOK. T-t-they wouldn't do that to us, would they...?
I really really hope that doesn't happen. Oh gosh no. It can't be D:
AH and that's what I'm thinking of, it does remind me of a cross between the two MM towers and Queen Ambi's tower in OoA. But it isn't/can't be any of them though xD

But yeah, I always considered the Zelda shots from E3 to most likely be some form of character intro too... so something could very well happen to her later on :)

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Adam those are really great finds, when I first saw the high resolution picture I thought "Hey maybe it's a dungeon" but the I scrolled down to find how close it is to Hyrule, or whatever that castle is, the fact that it's so big and is on the box art must signify that it has some importance to the story.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
i don't believe it is hyrule castle or clock tower, but a new construction completely. i guess we will find out what that is soon, but i will take a guess at it as well and say that it is either an outpost of hyrule of some kind, a dungeon. or where link begins his journey from.

I'm sure this has been noticed before, but I just noticed. Anyone think the tower and train are related to the Royal Family? I was looking at the design on the train's front and the top of the tower on the box art, and they have the same design. Both designs look somewhat similar to the Royal Family's Crest.

2cpvwwy.png

The two designs aren't exactly the same, but Wind Waker showed us that the crest could change over time, or they implied it with this picture.

Portrait.jpg

And since Spirit Tracks takes place 100 years after PH, I think it's plausible that the crest changed again.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I'm sure this has been noticed before, but I just noticed. Anyone think the tower and train are related to the Royal Family? I was looking at the design on the train's front and the top of the tower on the box art, and they have the same design. Both designs look somewhat similar to the Royal Family's Crest.
And since Spirit Tracks takes place 100 years after PH, I think it's plausible that the crest changed again.
Hm, maybe the upsidedown triangle is the symbol of the new Hyrule?

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Cool idea! That seems pretty likely... lol I hadn't actually noticed it was upside down before on the train o_O
I was thinking about whether the thing on the top of the tower was anything, but I see it now I know the inverted triangle thing! A modified hylian royal crest is likely what both of them are~

...Which begs the question, what kind of building is the tower to have the royal crest on top?

Steve

5/19/13
Cool idea! That seems pretty likely... lol I hadn't actually noticed it was upside down before on the train o_O
I was thinking about whether the thing on the top of the tower was anything, but I see it now I know the inverted triangle thing! A modified hylian royal crest is likely what both of them are~

...Which begs the question, what kind of building is the tower to have the royal crest on top?

The tower obviously seems to use clockwork, and it almost makes me think that it is a train station. The train bares the same symbol as found at the steeple of the tower, so just like the old Hylian Crest, it's probably just a national icon.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Interesting... although I'd say it's too big for a train station, which means (as you said) it's probably just their nation icon...
If it is the royal crest on top of tower... the kind of places that bear the crest are usually things like temples, castles, or monuments... but that still doesn't mean much xDD

Thanks guys! And you can just call me Adam.

Now with the bigger box art, I actually think the tower on the cover is the tower that was seen behind the (Hyrule?) Castle in the E3 trailer, as seen in this picture:

4gi7es.png

and this one:

2udys6u.png

It fits the description of being surrounded by generic grey mountains. The castle seen in the E3 trailer could be hidden behind the mountains in the box art. The only thing is, if the tower is near a Death Mountain-esque mountain, why don't we see it in the trailer too? Same thing goes with the Icy Mountains.

Of course, the tower in the E3 trailer and the tower on the Box could be two completely different buildings, but I enjoy speculation!
wow that's huge. juging by the size of the tower ( if the boxart and e3 towers are indeed one and the same) i think we may have a tower of the ocean king on our hands. **shudders** hopefully its something different. maybe a sort of grand central station, prehaps? the simularities of the emblem on the train and top of the tower seem to support this.

I suspect the tower is part of the main town of the game, or perhaps some other major location. I don't think it's part of Hyrule Castle, because it looks nothing like it (and we've seen it briefly in trailers). It could be related to the Royal Family, though, or be otherwise affiliated with hyrulian royalty or the Goddesses.

Like Clock Town, and how it was featured in the background of several of the pictures done for Majora's Mask.

That's my opinion. Or, alternatively, it could be a major location in the game. Like North Castle in AoL, the Temple of the Ocean King in PH, and etc.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
Hum....
I think that it is either a temple or hyrule castle.

Temple
He could have just defeated the temple and is riding to another temple to complete it.

~Reasons~
He has the hero of time tunic on and he is smiling because he got rid of more evil that lied in hyrule.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyrule Castle
He could just have set off to do his first temple and start his next adventure.

~Reasons~
He is riding off with an image of zelda on top of one of the cars and she is momentarily joining him for a little spiritualy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways it could either play on eof those roles or some other role that the makers intended for it to play.:nerd::thinking:

That's uh....interesting?

So. What can you see?

Mountains, probably for the Gorons, if not then.....I don't know.

Ice, fits with the zoras too.

The castle in front of the Tower. If the castle is in front of the tower than to me that's pretty obvious it's important.

Zelda is in it, you can see that everywhere.

The fact that this IS Hyrule and has SOMETHING to do with it is whored everywhere around what we've seen so far, so this can't possibly have anything to do with Termina.

As for the tower itself....it's interesting. It's not like anything I've ever seen, but my instincts still go with a clock tower. What I find intersting about it is, it seems like it has three different parts to it going up to the top, one near the mountains, one in the middle, and one near the top that kind of looks like a face.

As for the rest, who knows?

Megamannt125

Blue Link
That's uh....interesting?

So. What can you see?

Mountains, probably for the Gorons, if not then.....I don't know.

Ice, fits with the zoras too.

The castle in front of the Tower. If the castle is in front of the tower than to me that's pretty obvious it's important.

Zelda is in it, you can see that everywhere.

The fact that this IS Hyrule and has SOMETHING to do with it is whored everywhere around what we've seen so far, so this can't possibly have anything to do with Termina.

As for the tower itself....it's interesting. It's not like anything I've ever seen, but my instincts still go with a clock tower. What I find intersting about it is, it seems like it has three different parts to it going up to the top, one near the mountains, one in the middle, and one near the top that kind of looks like a face.

As for the rest, who knows?

There is no confirmation anywhere this is Hyrule. The only plausable evidence of such is Zelda, but that doesn't mean much considering this takes place 100 years after PH, which takes place after WW, and in WW Spoilers: Hyrule stays underwater, and Link, Tetra, and the gang set off to find a new land, which is likely, what the land in Spirit Tracks is (SPOILERS END HERE), however I could be wrong, but it is NOT a fact that it is Hyrule, but mere speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom