• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Tower in the Box Art

Megamannt125

Blue Link
EuropeanBoxArtwork.jpg

See the tower in the background, I know it's pretty early, but I wonder what it could be, and could it play a significant role in the story?

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
The background on this has got me really curious... I really wonder what that tower is... will edit in analysed picture within the hour...

EDIT:
stboxanalysis.png

Of course, this is just speculation (and mine at that xD)... but there are some of the other interesting things I found in the image. Maybe it's some sort of clock tower... or something. idk. What could be a hylian eagle could also be a bell of some kind... hmm...
We might get a better idea once a high-resolution picture is released... then I can laugh at how wrong/right I was xDDD

EDIT2: perhaps (as DarkLink0602 said) the tower has something to do with Zelda... especially since Link's driving the train (with her) seemingly away from it... so maybe that's where she is for part of the game (again, if it was as important as a main-baddie hideout, it would've been on the NA box as well)...but what about hyrule castle then... they could just as easily be passing and this just be a random feature in said town... idk anymore. We'll have to wait for the answers I guess xD

Last edited:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
It looks too oddly alone to be a part of a main spire of the new Hyrule Castle. It's almost more like a lookout post or something similar due to the larger top portion. It also appears to be at least behind what could be houses, but in front of the mountain range. So, it's extremely tall given the perspective of the 'houses'. If they are indeed houses, then I would guess it's either a lookout point or the main villain's tower.

Of course, this is all just random speculation, but hey, it's fun!

Wow North Apple, I can't believe you got this much out of such a blurry pic! :) It does seem like a reasonable representation of what's there though. A hi-res photo will definitely help out, but good job nonetheless!

I think its there just to make the Box art seem more interesting, However I do think that it may play a part in the game...just a part that isn't that big.

I'm going to agree with Basement, I think that this is some sort of watch tower. It has the correct build (mainly the fact that the top is wider indicating in my eyes that this is a room and everything below is a stairway up to this room) and doesn't really seem big enough to fit the role of anything else.

Maybe it is a royal watch tower, You could have to get infomation (or even just go and find) Zelda here, It could contain an item as well, I just wouldn't know what.

I suppose (as I don't know who the antagonist is) that this could be the fort of the games antagonist, I do very highly doubt this though as it doesn't seem large enough enough to be used for something of such importance. If I think about the few Zelda's I've played, The Protagonist has been stationed in a large building/structure, Examples being Ganondorf in OoT and TP while Majora's Mask is found in the moon. This tiny little tower just looks too small to be used for this.

I guess though that this tower could be several things, leading from a large role down to a small role in the game...it could be that it isn't even that important but it seems a little odd for them to put it on the European Box Art if it isn't. It does bring up the question though that if it is important why doesn't it make an appearance (I think it doesn't anyway) on the North American Box Art. The answer to that though could simply be that Nintendo wants us to keep guessing...

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Alright here's something from the master of speculation.

First of all as DL and NA have said maybe the tower is where Zelda is at one point in the game. Or maybe it's a clock tower. It might also be a tower in Hyrule Castle.

The town might be this game's equivilant of Hyrule Castle Town or possibly something like Kakariko Village.

The mountain to the right of the town might be Death Mountain and the mountain range to the left of it may possibly be something like Snowhead or something.

Hey guys, just joined the forums after lurking for a long time! I don't know if this is old or not, but I found a bigger, high quality picture of the European box art.

ME0001185650_2.jpg

Doesn't look like it's a town around the tower.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Hey guys, just joined the forums after lurking for a long time! I don't know if this is old or not, but I found a bigger, high quality picture of the European box art.

Doesn't look like it's a town around the tower.

It's new to me, and I've been lookign all day for something larger! Good find!

Yeah, it's definitely not a town then. It looks like we've got a Death Mountain-esque volcano on the right and an ice-ridge on the left with standard rock mountains underneath.

Also, that's DEFINITELY not a castle spire. NorthApple seems to be correct that there's some sort of gear formation on it. I thought it was a clock at first, but it looks like the white half-circle is cogged. The top part, or roof I suppose, with the spiral pattern looks a bit mechanical as well...

(Oh no, more technology for all you haters out there!) :P (Personally I love it!)

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
AWESOME FIND!!! I love you for this, 0o0oAdamo0o0 (dang your username is hard to type xD).

Rofl, so my predictions were a mixed bag then... I was wrong about the town, but right about the gears... odd. It certainly looks more like some sort of clocktower now... but why would there be one in the middle of nowhere... and why is it so huge? Does that mean it's important? And if so why is it not on the NA box...?

And I agree with basement24... it does look rather mechanical... the spiral roof reminds me sort of a drill head. But I doubt it is lololol On a side note, Zelda still looks oddly pale and... spirit like... I thought maybe it was the not-so-good quality of the other image, but meh, it wasn't.
xDDD also imagine if the tower was the main baddie or something. Man I need sleep.

Anyway, this is awesome.

Last edited:
I still think the ghost Zelda is the main plot of the game, I don't think Ganondorf will show up... I wonder what happend to her body...

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
@ CrazyFreak: but the Zelda shown reading the piece of paper in the original trailer looks pretty solid to me... unless something happens during the game, or unless it's willing on her part... or something... (I'll have go further into it on the plot theories thread...)
STzelda.jpg

ANYWAY to keep this on topic, I don't thing it looks likely that the tower has that much to do with Zelda and her location anymore... (as it's certainly no longer a castle type-structure)... although nothing can be said for sure on such little info. :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys! And you can just call me Adam.

Now with the bigger box art, I actually think the tower on the cover is the tower that was seen behind the (Hyrule?) Castle in the E3 trailer, as seen in this picture:

4gi7es.png

and this one:

2udys6u.png

It fits the description of being surrounded by generic grey mountains. The castle seen in the E3 trailer could be hidden behind the mountains in the box art. The only thing is, if the tower is near a Death Mountain-esque mountain, why don't we see it in the trailer too? Same thing goes with the Icy Mountains.

Of course, the tower in the E3 trailer and the tower on the Box could be two completely different buildings, but I enjoy speculation!

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Wow Adam... I hadn't even noticed that behind Hyrule Castle... MAN IS THAT BIG 0.0
It certainly fits the description... and the other mountains could pretty easily be off-screen in that shot, considering how far away they might be in propotion to the tower... wow. And if that isn't the tower in the screenshot... then what else is it/could it be?!

NOW I'M EVEN MORE CURIOUS OF ITS PURPOSE... I can't get over how big it would be... I thought maybe it was just an odd perspective in the artwork... but wow.

To me, I think that tower could be one of two existing towers, however, both are in Termina, which seems to never be coming back, so it's extremely unlikely.

It could either be The Clock Tower in Clock Town, with Clock Town hidden behind the mountains. This could work, as the mountains surrounding it look similar to Snowpeak and Ikana Canyon.

Or, it could be the Stone Tower, and this could be supported by the fact that Stone Tower was in a mountainous area (Despite being called Ikana Canyon)

Of course, Termina is more than likely not coming back ... soo ... yeah.

@ CrazyFreak: but the Zelda shown reading the piece of paper in the original trailer looks pretty solid to me... unless something happens during the game, or unless it's willing on her part... or something... (I'll have go further into it on the plot theories thread...)
STzelda.jpg

ANYWAY to keep this on topic, I don't thing it looks likely that the tower has that much to do with Zelda and her location anymore... (as it's certainly no longer a castle type-structure)... although nothing can be said for sure on such little info. :)

I know, Link is still in his old garbe as well... So I think this is just the introduction of Zelda.. Something will happen with her and it probably has to do with the storyline and that tower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom