• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Soundtracks

S

sneakyguy24

Hello there!

Though I might be castrating myself in the process, I want to say that I am a new member. As such, I have no clue if downloading the gorgeous soundtracks on this site is legal. the last thing I would want to do is cheat Nintendo and its composers out of their wages, even if the effect of my downloading may be small.

In short, can anyone tell me if the soundtracks are free to download, no legal strings attached?

Other wise, why no discuss your favorite soundtrack from a given game, or favorite composition. :eek:carina:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I wouldn't see why you couldn't download any Zelda soundtracks. People do it all the time and it's not going to hurt anybody. Whether it's "legal" or not I would say it depends on your definition of "legal". To me, if it's on the Interent and I can download it for free, I don't consider it "illegal" because it's right there for anyone to download. Plus I think most places will say it's "illegal" unless you actually "own" said item. Which, in all honesty, how would anyone know if you own or don't own said item.

S

sneakyguy24

Well its not a matter of getting caught. I'm very dogmatic about things, so the very act of taking something without knowing if it is right to do so is problematic for me. I just want to know if its permissible.

My favourite pieces are the Song of Healing (the piano version that plays in the clock tower), the Stone Tower Temple Theme and the Forest Temple theme from OoT

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
Many other people download them from You Tube using the mp3 converter. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Really want to though.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
A lot of people might not be thrilled by the idea, but you can get the soundtracks here: The Legend of Zelda Soundtracks - Zelda Universe

ZU has individual links to each track, so it'll take quite a while to download them all (they don't allow simultaneous downloads of soundtracks because it might melt their server). Clicking one of the links takes you to a page where you can sample the track, but also downloing it by 1) right-clicking 2) hitting Save As 3) and saving the track to the proper folder. Afterwards, go back to the soundtrack page, and rinse and repeat. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom