• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Sewers

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Okay! I was busy yesterday so I hadn't gotten this up, but here you go. NOTE: I want this to go slowly at the beginning. Too many RPs have died because people move to quickly before anyone gets into the action.

Alexander wiped down the bar, giving the occasional drink to whoever came in. Two men came in and started chatting near Xander.

"I am telling you, I was in the Tunnels." One said to the other.

"I saw you two hours ago, you probably went in two feet and p***** yourself! Scared of the dark are we?" The other japed.

"It was farther than two feet! I swear. But this thing was moving out there. It ain't no rat, I tell you that. It was laughing!"

Xander just chuckled silently to himself. Over the course of his time working in that shack, Xander had heard many strange things. Most of it could not be believed, and this was obviously the lies of some bored old man.

((And we have it started. Terrible beginning, I know, and for right now you can literally have your characters doing anything. And I mean anything....except killing the mutants or finding them. Other than that, have at it.))

((Anything? ...Anything at all?
Anything?
Sweet mother of... Giving Monolith free reign is dangerous, Windmill, I'm going to get hurt. *sighs* Come at me, then, Mono, let's see whatcha got.))

The man was silent for a long moment, seated on the box, watching the people go by, bickering, stealing, haggling. The market was always fascinating. Nothing was really more interesting than just watching the activity.

Sometimes people even started brawling. That was fun. Grated, his amused expressions often caused him to be dragged in, as well, but they soon learned their lesson. Nobody messed with max. Those who knew him either trusted and respected him--those were two very hard things to earn, and he was willing to return it if it was given--or, more often, made a fool of and-slash-or hated. Despised. Loathed.

He was used to it. Them's the breaks.

Max as, and always had been, easily identifiable as a scientist. It wasn't just the old, dirty lab coat--he had mannerisms, a certain language and stance, that marked him as someone who knew what he was doing, the physics behind it, and how to turn it in his favor. As a man who analyzed every detail and recorded it. As one who always had a hypothesis, and was always ready to be proven wrong. He acted like what he was--an innovator. An intelligent human being.

Yeah, people tended to hate him.

In fact, hate seemed to be approaching right now. Today, hate had broad shoulders, thin brown stubble, deep brows, and a smirk. Probably more muscle than mind, like hate usually carried. Ooh, hate seemed intense today, aggravated. Watch your step, Max, hate is a hungry beast today. Whatcha waiting for, hate? Come try to eat your potent rival. He's ready.

Max looked up, brushing a bit of his dark brown hair out of his hazel eyes, looked hate in its own peepers, and grinned. "Well hello there, ha--Marcus. How are you today?"

((Yes, Max is crazy. if you didn't know this by now, now you do. Max is about to get 'beaten up' by 'hate'. This is going to be... interesting. ^^ And I'll introduce Kira when the time is right, like I always do. She likes making a dramatic entrance, although she'll never admit that.))

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus stood in the town square. Or rather, above it. And it was more like sitting than anything.

He sat on a stack of crates overlooking a few of the vendor stalls, watching for trouble. The security detail paid the money he needed to live, and the mask kept most people afraid of him. It was completely necessary, but it made the breathing easier. Ever since the radiation burnt his lungs, he'd had difficulty without it. So it was always fun watching people who were up to no good scurry off when they saw him.

Cyrus gave a small sight and wished his detail would end. "I could use a drink at Alexander's place," he muttered. "Would make things a lot better. Then again, that's how I make everything better: visit, drink, sleep, repeat."

Gareth walked into the square with his head low and body hunched. He hated his hair color. It was a flaming orange or red. Whatever you call it. But he was bright ginger and anyone drunk or stupid enough mocked him. Those people normally end up bad off afterwards of course. He looked at the stalls trying to find something to eat. he was out of money again. He always neede money. Selling stuff on the black market for a good price was hard. A man purposely shoved into him and that flipped the red headed man's lid. after words a fist fight started.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Luke was asleep. He didn't like being asleep. The nightmares come when he's asleep. And one came now. It was dark. The nightmares were always dark. He was walking, alll alone, nothing and no one to protect him. Then... What was that? Something touched him! He started running. There it was again! Go away, please! Leave him alone! They kept grabbing him, they stopped him, they hurted him. No no no stop! Please! Stop!

He jolted awake, breathing heavily. He pulled his legs up to his chest and curled up into a ball, trying to forget it. Ooh, why did the nightmares have to be so scary?

((And Luke is in.))

When hate simply glowered at him from above, Max shrugged and looked away, starting to whistle a merry tune. Before he could get more than a few notes in, however, hate grabbed him by teh collar and hoisted him up, Stanislas upright. Max's toes scrabbled at the ground, but he was too high up. "You listen here, Castillo! I've had--"

"Listening," Max replied cheerfully, receiving a hard shake in return. "SHUT UP!" hate screamed. "Tish is what I mean, see?! Just 'cause you've got it off easy don' mean we've got anythin' to--"

" 'Got it off easy?' Hate, you're far more naive than usual today." The look in Max's eyes was suddenly dead serious. The sudden change amde Hate shut up long enough to give Max a chance to say his piece, and he took that chance. "I have it off no better or worse than any of you. In fact, I carry a very separate sort of burden. Taking that into consideration, my life is much. Much harder. But I dont' let that stop me. Who says we need the sun to shine?"

Max looked straight into hate's eyes for a Moen, then mad a swift knifelike motion with his hand, striking hate's wrist. he fell to teh ground, a tad less gracefully then he'd have preferred, and left hate holding his wrist in surprise. Max gave him a nod, murmured "good day", and wandered off at a pace that was perhaps too brisk to actually be wandering.

hat had he been saying.

The sun was just a rumor and everyone knew it. Maybe it didn't exist anymore. Maybe it had never existed. But even those precious few who were alive when humanity descended hadn't been able to see the sun through the thick, muggy sky.

((...just... kind of... posting? lol idk XD hate will return, he will.))

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Alaia was just walking through the streets. There was absolutely nothing to do today, she had no obligations or anything. So she just wandered, until something might interest her.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Shannon J. Wolfe continued pressing buttons and making more gimmicks on a creation he was making. Though his invention, it was... difficult to pinpoint exactly what it was. But, to Shannon, it was a masterpiece and in his mind all of the pieces where coming together.

"...Area secure. My protocol is complete."

"AH!" Shannon screamed. ... "DAMMIT SCARS!"

Scars grumbled, "I scared you again. More like 'dammit Shannon' because in a place like this, you in to always be aware of you situation...."

Scars rambled on as Shannon looked him in the face. The creepy mask was on his face, as always. That skull, but it made his deep, dark blue eyes pop out. It was... a good harmony of frightening and soothing at the same time.

Of course, there was a different harmony going on with Shannon. He had his white/tanish colored tench coat on, as normal, with his gold tinted glasses. His bright green eyes shone through them, and his blonde hair, even in the horrible lighting, was still visible and made everyone who saw him feel... calm, and welcomed.

Shannon laughed at his friend, "Goodness, you and your crazy duty to 'protect the people' blah blah blah."

"I don't.... augh, you just... don't get how imperative it is..." Scars then watched Shannon get back to work, "and... you're not listening to me at all." He growled then sighed.

(Shannon and Scars are bros for life... and this whole paragraph this is sketchy, but first reply so... its not too bad)

((I like it Silvy ^^ Can't wait to introduce Max to these boys. But first, he must find Cyrus.))

Max glanced round quietly. The market was just as busy in the square was it was back where hate had confronted him again. But hate was nowhere to be seen. Sighing, he shuffled his feet, looking up at teh security dude with the gas mask before running a hand through his dark brown hair and--

"Oof!" A heavy fist nailed him int eh gut, making him double over and sending him reeling. 'The hell, hate?!" he screamed. "I thought I'd lost you!"

Meaty fists snatched him bu his coat collar and hoisted him up, looking him dead in the eyes. "Listen 'ere, Castillo. I--"

Max shut him up by retaliating with a swift punch to his cheekbone. Dropping Max to teh ground, hate clapped a hand to the sore spot, leaving Max to dart around behind the tower of crates. "AY, PERSON UP THERE WHO I AMY OR MAY NOT KNOW! LITTLE HELP?!" he shouted to the dude at the top.

((^^ Max may or may not know Cyrus, like he said S'up to you, Johhny.))

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus heard someone below him call his name. Looking down he saw Max Castillo through the blue tint of his mask. With a sigh, he brushed a few strands of hair out of his face and jumped down, drawing his knife as he did. A man was approaching Max but hadn't noticed Cyrus there yet. In one swift movement Cyrus caught the man by the arm with his left hand and spun him sideways. As he the man stumbled Cyrus kicked the back of his knee, forcing him to fall down. He took the knife and brought it to the man's throat, pressing the cold steel against it.

"Law and order buddy. You don't go around beating up civs for fun. Try this again, and I'll be sure to send you packing for good."

Cyrus gave him a shove and the man took off. Cyrus slipped the knife away and turned to face Max.

"What happened this time?" Cyrus asked him. Max often had some sort of trouble, be it his fault or someone elses.

Max stood shakily, using the crates to support himself. "Not entirely sure. I was just minding my own business and hate comes over to give me a good walloping. Then again..." He glanced around uncertainly. "I might have done something to him a while ago... Last week? Can't really recall." He scratched the back of his neck. "Or maybe I'm just a scientist and he hates my guts for that." He sighed quietly. "Still, thanks, Cyrus."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
After a little while, Luke hadn't moved. Wait, what was he curled up in a ball on his bed for? Ah well, didn't really matter. He got up with a smile on his face and decided that he wanted ta take a walk today. So he headed out of his house and started walking.

((Neither of us have any idea where he's going, so anyone and/or everyone can see him if they want.))

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus laughed, though he was sure it sounded much creepier without the smile on his face showing.

"Well I'm here to make sure people like him don't get what they want in the colony."

Gareth's fist fight has turned into an all out street brawl. People choosing sides and fighting for the sake of fighting. Fighting to ignore the pain and stress of life. All the care about now is the life they are smacking out of the person in front of them. People mill around and cheer on the senseless fighting, watching to forget their empty stomachs and sunless skies.

Max heard the sound of commotion somewhere nearby, the screams and thumps barely reaching his ears. "Not more fighting," he mumbled, glancing over Cyrus's shoulder. "Cyrus, I don't mean to disrupt our chitchat, but I think there's a vicious battle going on a block or so down."

((this is all I got >>))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom