• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Sewers

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((And I am ready to hand it out.))

"What's a ****?" Luke called after her innocently, with all the purity of a small child.

Kira literally stopped walking. She stared straight ahead for a minute, in disbelief, then looked at him in disbelief. "You're kidding me, right?" How a person could live in the sewers and actually not be familiar with swearing was beyond her.

((I don't even know which **** you think I'm using XD This is hilarious.))

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((I was assuming the f-bomb, but it coulda been a lot of stuff.))

Luke just looked at the lady confusedly, not getting what she meant. It was obvious to anyone looking at him that he wasn't kidding.

((I was using the S one. But still.))

Kira watched him for a rather prolonged moment, then turned away. "I'm not gonna be the one to tell ya, then." She was actually kind of worried about him. A person couldn't keep their innocence for very long in this place... But is wasn't her business. She wasn't exactly in a position to help him, anyways.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((I honestly just wanna keep Kira from walking away.))

"Why not?" Luke asked, like a two-year-old who was refused a cookie.

((I know, and I'm trying to figure that out myself. But you may have just hit it, let me type this and see...))

Kira slowed down again, then sighed. He wasn't gonna let her walk away, was he.

And he did deserve an answer... even if it wasn't exactly what he was asking for.

She went back to Luke, giving him a kind of sad look. "Because... I don't want to corrupt you. The sewers are full of... cruel people, people who are going to try to take away who you are. I'm trying to protect you, and myself." She pursed her lips, looking away slightly. "I don't like to destroy."

((I'm guessing you're mortally stuck on our VM RP. It's hard to free a Faen, and I'm not exactly making it easy on you, am I >> But she's in there, she's just kind of chained up.))

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((You're darn right I'm stuck. Even if I could unDaggerify Dagger, neither of us would know what the heck to say. I'm not good at reading people I didn't create. I'm really not good at it. I couldn't describe Meli the way you need me to if I tried. And Dagger sure as heck can't.))

Luke wasn't really sure what the lady meant by what she said, but she looked sad, so he gave her a hug. Hugs make sad people feel better.

((And Luke only sees the basic emotions in people. He's like the polar opposite of Kira.))

((Hm. Well. If I may, I think I know the problem here. One, I'm being uncooperative >> Two, it's less about telling her who she is and more about asking her to remember what she is...? I guess? Try speaking to her directly, telling her to break free, and you know what? Dagger, be Dagger. I think Dagger is what she needs to remember. Get mad at her, yell at her, insult her, demand that she answer. And believe me, she probably will. The closer the bond, the easier it is to free them--for now, nobody but Dagger can do it, but they've been rivals for years, and were the closest of the group even when Meli left not even an hour ago, unlike Aren, who in canon freed Meli after years of not seeing her.))

Kira flinched away the second Luke even touched her, shoving him back without caring how hard she was pushing. "Nonononononono!" She was visibly cringing, as if she was trying to hide soemthing about herself and it had come dangerously close to being revealed.

((That's all I got. >> Kira, stop being weird about people learning you're part machine.))

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Kira had pushed Luke so hard, and mostly so unexpectedly, that he landed hard on his butt. What was that for? Hugs were supposed to make people feel better, not make them scared. ...Oh no, he'd scared her! "'m sorry..." He apologized sadly, hanging his head from his seated spot on the ground.

Kira stayed tense and panicky for a long moment, then relaxed a little. "S'all right, I overreacted," she muttered under her breath, barely audible. She wasn't really one for apologies--accepting as well as making them. But she didn't really know what to say. She couldn't explain without revealing things she'd rather not reveal, and she didn't want to be interacting in the first place, but...

Gareth leaves with a harsh sigh. He was done with this place. He goes to hide in one of hos favorite alleys. He doesn't really have a place to call home but that never bothered him. Home wasn't something positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom