• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Official Fire Emblem Fates Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81859
  • Start date

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
FINALLY BEAT N 10. OH my god this chapter is a huge pain in the ass. CH11 is significantly more tame in comparison.

First impressions on Birthright:

- Production values are obviously much higher than Awakening. The music hasn't grabbed me yet, but I'm not too far in the game.

- Really liking the My Castle element of the game. It captures the feel of a "home base" much better than past games.

- Difficulty is about what I expected. Haven't really hit a road-block yet, although I've been taking all the Challenges when they pop up

- Story hasn't really kicked into high gear for me yet, although the characters are pretty good so far.

Browen

xXThatReallyEmoNameXx
After I beat birthright I still can't choose which is the better path. Nohr's story and characters are so bad it's good. Third path is the best, but I haven't gotten far.

After I beat birthright I still can't choose which is the better path. Nohr's story and characters are so bad it's good. Third path is the best, but I haven't gotten far.

I'm curious about this - what exactly makes Conquest's story so bad to so many people? I'm like 18 hours into Birthright so far, and I'm not really impressed. I'm worried if Conquest is inferior to that.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I'm curious about this - what exactly makes Conquest's story so bad to so many people? I'm like 18 hours into Birthright so far, and I'm not really impressed. I'm worried if Conquest is inferior to that.
Yeah.

I thought the general consensus was that Conquest had a better story.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Obvious spoilers
Corn wants to subvert Nohr's path of senseless killing, but is obviously incapable of doing it because Gooron has his henchies kililng anyone and everyone. Thing is, Nobody knows that Gooron is in fact Gooron, except Plot Device: The Character (Azura). How does she reveal this to Corn? Well she has a crystal ball...that she ONLY shows to Corn. Not to Leo (who is in your party at this point), not to Elise, Camilla, hell not even moments later to Xander. Only to Corn. Crystal ball bursts, and what happens next? Azura literally says YOU MUST INVADE HOSHIDO AND DO WHAT GOORON SAYS XDDDDDDD, MAKE HIM SIT ON MIKOTO'S THRONE which is completely counter to what Corn set out to do. On the way to conquering Hoshido, Corn and friends inadvertently kill Takumi. Then they fight Ryoma, and he seppukus because Corn spared Sakura and Hinoka. Azura and Corn let Gooron onto the throne, So they do so and everyone is super surprised that Gooron is in fact Gooron, then the royal brothers power up the Yato into the Fire Emblem: Nohr Version and kill Gooron. Who pops up next? The Beginning of the End, the Slayer of Gods, Hoshidan Justice Himself...****ing Takumi. of all people. Except he's super evil and has Skadi and is infinitely more badass than either Hoshido or Valla's final bosses.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I was hoping for a more general idea that wasn't spoilers, haha. I haven't played the game, so I'm not going to read any spoilers. Could you be a bit more vague about the general ideas that make it inferior? If you can't without being specific, I understand.
To be as vague as I can, the plot is organically driven until you reach Chapter 15. From there, Arbitrary turns are taken because a specific character is literally a plot device and nothing more. Certain things that should be explained are not explained because MAGICKS literally prevent their explanation.

To be as vague as I can, the plot is organically driven until you reach Chapter 15. From there, Arbitrary turns are taken because a specific character is literally a plot device and nothing more. Certain things that should be explained are not explained because MAGICKS literally prevent their explanation.

Yeah, I can see that. I'm still hoping for a big twist in Birthright that really grabs me, but after about 22 hours, I'm scared that it's not coming. We've been marching towards the Nohr capital for the entire game..... and that's it. We've had some "convenient" plot devices, and that's about all I'm getting from the story so far.

It's pretty far off from Awakening, which mixed things up considerably with the "Walhart the Conqueror" arc, and a far cry from Radiant Dawn that got us swept up in multiple viewpoints of a continent-wide crisis. I don't want to say I'm disappointed yet, because I'm only about 22 or so chapters in (I believe the length of the game is around 40?), but my expectations are already tempered. The game is still great from pretty much every other perspective though.

Browen

xXThatReallyEmoNameXx
Does anyone know how to get a lot of exp on third path? I'm on ch. 11, but I'm only getting one exp from the enemies at my level. P.S. I'm level seventeen and most of my other characters are fourteen.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Does anyone know how to get a lot of exp on third path? I'm on ch. 11, but I'm only getting one exp from the enemies at my level. P.S. I'm level seventeen and most of my other characters are fourteen.
Three things, you gain less exp the higher the level, and you gain less exp from killing base tier enemies when you promote. So if you're high level, you have to kill promoted units to get comparable EXP gains.
Valla lets you grind with skirmishes, to RTC if you want to do that.
Other than that, wait five more days for Boo Camp to release.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I'm not quite as far into Birthright as some people in this thread, but the story definitely seems to take a backseat in Fates to some gameplay improvements that make it easier for people to get into the franchise. A simple story can still be good if well executed, but it's definitely not as gripping as Awakening's. As far as I'm aware, most reviewers seem to say that Revelation has the best story of the three, so I'll have to see for myself once that option is available for people who didn't buy the special edition. I can definitely understand why some people would have assumed Nohr's story is more morally gray, but I never expected much more out of the two kingdom paths than trying to take over Hoshido vs. defending it. The map differences, general difficulty, and availability or lack of grinding are enough to differentiate Birthright and Conquest.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
is Fire Emblem: Conquest really that difficult? I'm hearing it's extremely unforgiving.

How do these games compare to Fire Emblem: Awakening. I still haven't played a Fire Emblem game all the way through, and I wonder if it's worth getting Awakening and beating it before getting Fates.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
is Fire Emblem: Conquest really that difficult? I'm hearing it's extremely unforgiving.

How do these games compare to Fire Emblem: Awakening. I still haven't played a Fire Emblem game all the way through, and I wonder if it's worth getting Awakening and beating it before getting Fates.
Birthright is Fire Emblem Awakening, yet better in every single way.

Awakening was a good game, but it is a terrible Strategy RPG's and a bad Fire Emblem game. It did save the series, but everything in Birthright is better than Awakening. In my opinion, you can completely skip over awakening. Just get Fire Emblem Birthright.

Furthermore, especially for a newcomer, Conquest is tough as nails and not recommended. You will need some experience with FE in order to have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom