• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

I mean I do get it though. Maybe not quite the same thing but, like, I got all that bitterness about the direction of Rune Factory favoring all the waifu crap and how all of these so-called fans of the series being totally okay with the destruction of the series cuz indulgence of self-inserting with an imaginary romance is all they care about--something a bunch of other games already do as an entire genre--instead of wanting the unique experience that Rune Factory used to offer.... uh yeah that annoys me. How come those fans get what they want out of the series but I no longer get to? Ahem. But that's why Harvestella has me interested cuz it's like if Rune Factory really is gone, I don't even know where to begin to complain, I don't even have a channel to complain about it. I feel alone. Might as well loosen my investment and hopes for Rune Factory and move on to other games that do what Rune Factory used to do before it got trashed up.

But the reason I joke about this stuff so much is because I don't actually want it to bother me. The more I pretend it doesn't bother me by meming about it, the less it'll bother me overall. It's not instant though cuz like obviously I got pretty riled up today over the RF3 remaster.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
And would you look at that, I haven’t complained about Splatoon. I think that its one of the few Nintendo franchises that has been getting a reasonable amount of support recently, even if I’ve been confused with what the point of the third one was.

You were the one that said "Maybe they’ll actually tell us the reason why this game needed to exist" about Splatoon 3. Sounds like complaining to me. Even when there was plenty of info already about how it was different than 2.

I wouldn’t exactly call “being annoyed that Nintendo has been catering specifically to one demographic recently” the same thing as “taking things too seriously.” They’re the ones who hype up their directs, they’re the ones who know very well of their own popularity, its not unreasonable for someone to be annoyed over their obvious favoritism.

What is unreasonable is being an asshole towards someone who isn’t happy that so much of Nintendos output has been JRPGs recently. “How dare you not be happy that I got what I wanted” is an incredibly selfish take.

You absolutely took Kirino's post too seriously. Joking about something that's been happening with past directs isn't being an asshole in the slightest. And if you think so, maybe you should try being less sensitive. You complain a **** ton about Jrpgs and the like. I'm sure people who enjoy those games are fed up with people like you *****ing about stuff they enjoy so there's every right to make jokes about it.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
HUGE mood
I mean that's a common feeling to anyone? Just because some people are getting what they want now it doesn't mean they didn't get the same feeling watching people get stuff while waiting for the franchises they love to get supported.

Monster Hunter fans waited over 9 years for an international release of a core game. Xenoblade fans waited 5 years between the original release of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Chronicles 3. It will be a 4 year gap between Fire Emblem Three Houses and Engage. Over two decades after the original, Final Fantasy VII Remake took 5 years since their announcement to be launched. C'mon.

Just because some of you think all these games are the same, or that all the new ones try to appeal to the same demographics, the fact is that the people that keep getting hated on are part of specific fandoms, and that they also had to wait for the franchises they enjoy to be supported. If you haven't found a game that excites you, then it would be a lot healthier for everyone if you were more patient and willing to find new franchises to enjoy instead instead of being overly aggressive towards whoever is having a good time? Like, for real, gotta cope a bit better with this sorta feelings, my dudes.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
it's how I feel about zelda right now
I mean, sure. Sorry you're not as excited with the Zelda news as you'd want.
I don't think it's a matter of lack of support though. In the previous three years, while not a core game release, the Zelda fandom did get a bunch of games like Link's Awakening remake, Skyward Sword HD port, Hyrule Warriors AoC, and some of the older games also ported in the Switch's console emulators bundles.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
You were the one that said "Maybe they’ll actually tell us the reason why this game needed to exist" about Splatoon 3. Sounds like complaining to me. Even when there was plenty of info already about how it was different than 2.
To you there was, which is something that I tried to tell you then too. To the vast majority of people, there isn’t a notable difference. That’s not complaining, thats stating a fact.

You absolutely took Kirino's post too seriously. Joking about something that's been happening with past directs isn't being an asshole in the slightest.
no, but directly wishing the people who are generally split on the issue of franchise and genre oversaturation a direct full of the worst offender and another sore spot certainly is.

You complain a **** ton about Jrpgs and the like. I'm sure people who enjoy those games are fed up with people like you *****ing about stuff they enjoy so there's every right to make jokes about it.
Guess what? People ***** about stuff I like too. You don’t see me taunting anyone when something I like gets announced, do you? I never chanted “hoes mad” like a brain dead monkey whenever Steve was announced for Smash. People are allowed to complain about a problem they have with something, and pretending that they’re not or that it justifies taunting them just because that criticism doesn’t effect you is completely selfish.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I mean, sure. Sorry you're not as excited with the Zelda news as you'd want.
I don't think it's a matter of lack of support though. In the previous three years, while not a core game release, the Zelda fandom did get a bunch of games like Link's Awakening remake, Skyward Sword HD port, Hyrule Warriors AoC, and some of the older games also ported in the Switch's console emulators bundles.
lack of support isn't the issue either
rune factory is going down the toilet by becoming a dating sim
zelda is going down the toilet by becoming a skyrim sim
that's all I'm saying
I really sympathize with fraxinus here

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
that's all I'm saying
Ah, I see what you mean. I guess it's normal to just grow out of some of them due to not enjoying the direction they take.
Hope you find other franchises you get to enjoy and love, though.

that's all I'm saying
On the bright side with Zelda is that I still think it's somewhat probable that the open worldness to this extreme is a gimmick that won't stick around. Like it makes sense it's sticking around for Tears of the Kingdom cuz its the 'sequel' to Breath of the Wild. Only time will tell, though.

But yeah I mentioned it cuz it's kind of relevant in like, its something we're all probably feeling in different ways. Like even being discontent with the games that are getting announced because games you love are being ignored, or the game you love getting attention but not in the way you want it to be.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
On the bright side with Zelda is that I still think it's somewhat probable that the open worldness to this extreme is a gimmick that won't stick around. Like it makes sense it's sticking around for Tears of the Kingdom cuz its the 'sequel' to Breath of the Wild. Only time will tell, though.
yeah there's definitely still a glimmer of hope
especially since with things they said in past directs they're aware of the fans who weren't happy with the shift in zelda paradigm
maybe the same thing could happen with rune factory

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom