• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The New Community Music Competition: Week 3

Which entry was the best?

• Kotake&Koume

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr3W21

• BMBGuitar

• skull_k1d

• Pl511

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Welcome to the New Community Music Competition! In this competition the main idea involves participants signing up and submitting musical works. These works can be done through just about any medium: instruments, computers, even singing. The musical work that you enter must be your own musical work, not the work of somebody else. The spectators for the competitions will have a chance to vote for the music they like the most and the owner will be pronounced winner for that week.

Thank you everyone who participated in week two. Last week our theme was Battle and we have five entries from our members here at ZD. Thank you everyone who participated. I understand that making music is not an easy task and I congratulate each of you for entering this competition. Now it's your turn ZD. Time for you to decide who's music is the best. The music will be located in the spoiler tags below since the music and entrants take up space. When you have listened to each song please locate the artist in the poll at the top and vote for them. These polls are public so I will know if you've voted for your own work (not that you would; you all are much too nice for that ;)). And remember, feedback is encouraged.

Kotake&Koume
K&K Original Battle Theme

Original Battle Theme Created with GarageBand - YouTube

Dr3W21
ZD Week 2 Battle Theme

My ZD Competition Submission - YouTube

BMBGuitar
Boss Battle - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Boss Battle - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - YouTube

skull_k1d
skull-k1d Battle Theme

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18473424/Rise Of An Enemy (Original Mix).mp3

Pl511
Those Who Fight' (Battle Theme) - Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - Piano Cover

'Those Who Fight' (Battle Theme) - Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - Piano Cover - YouTube

Now it's time to start week 3. Time for some loneliness. This weeks theme is going to be....

ISOLATION...

Make a song that induces a feeling of isolation and loneliness. This week, please make the song an original song. No covers. The rules are the same. In addition I would like to encourage the use of using dropbox public links to share music. Music will be much better quality than YouTube since no quality will be lost. Here's a link to Dropbox's main site. YouTube will still be accepted but we would like to slowly phase out the use of YouTube in favor of higher quality.

Also there's a minor change in entry instructions this week. Please turn in all entries into skull_k1d. Entries will be accepted until 9:00 PM EST on Monday, July 16th.

Thanks week 2 competitors. Good luck week 3 competitors.

To have the talent to create a music submission is something you should all deserve recognition for. Here at DGN, however, we are assembled to decide a winner and I would like to cast my vote.

Kotake&Koume

Your piece was pretty riveting. A boss battle theme you don't usually hear. 8/10

Dr3W21

Loved the joke at the beginning but things didn't pick up until half way though. Felt a bit slow for me. 8/10

BMBGuitar

You came out rocking at full swing and left the competition in the dust. In fact your music was so fast paced and energetic that I listened to it twice, back to back. 10/10

skull_k1d

Great atmospheric buildup from the start. After BMB's piece I was not expecting another shocker and yet I received an even bigger and better surprise. Your piece is one of the longer but highly polished for precision. A variety of high and low pitched sounds provided for an amazing mix. 10/10

Pl511

Stop making my life so difficult with all these awesome submissions! You'll most likely win the heart of RPG players here with your vibrant sounds. What an emotional soundtrack. 9.5/10

My vote ultimately goes to skull_k1d. What an experience it was listening to his piece.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
All of the entries were excellent; I don't know the first thing about music but I DO know what sounds good to me and what sounds dull/boring. None of them were boring or dull!

I'll save you the long list of compliments -- I don't know what I'm talking about. But what I will say is that my vote ultimately went to Pl511. Masterfully woven and just beautiful!

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Great. I have an excellent song.... but I can't record it. Oh well. I thibk evetyone did well this week but I had to go with Pl511

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
This was a hard choice between Pl511 and Kotake&Koume. I liked Kotake&Koume's orriginal song, it was very well done, but I adore the Final Fantasy games so when I heard Pl511's song, my heart went soaring. I think 'm going to have to go for Pl511, because he plays the piano really well. ^^

Pen

The game is on!
I fancy this theme! For me it stood between Dr3W21 and Pl511 at first, I really liked the atmospheres in those specific two songs. But I ended up choosing Pl511's entry simply because that song has a very good melody. :)

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I voted for Kotake and Koume because it was an original battle theme. While listening to it, I could imagine good vs. evil- very nice! Dr3W21- definitely enjoyed it half way through. Continue entering- you have a lot of potential.
BMBGuitar- awesome- you are a talented musician through and through.
skull kid- this was my second choice because again, it was an original and a very good one at that.
P1511- beautiful

I think they were all good this time.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
My favorite was BMBguitar. He was the second choice for me last round, and I had to go with him this round. All of your LttP covers sound amazing. Just keep entering; you're sure to win one of these rounds!

However, I have a lot of respect for skull_k1d, Dr3W21, and Kotake & Koume for making original songs. I'm even more impressed if you made them all this week. It would take me a long time to compose music that good, if ever. ^^

Pl511, your piano song was incredible, but I'm afraid I haven't played any Final Fantasy games. (Plus, I was looking forward to that Pokémon medley! XD)

@Heroine of Time: Oh yeah! I'm sorry about that. I got caught up with a few different projects (one of them was/is a frikking OverClocked ReMix Paper Mario 64 album that I was drafted into) and I wasn't able to finish it. I have two songs somewhat finished in the medley, so I'll probably work on it again if another week requires something of the same theme as the previous one did.

I chose Pl511. I've never played any FF but I like the song. If anyone is interested, here is another version (more my style) of that song by ArtificialFear: Those Who Fight/Fighting - Final Fantasy VII Cover - YouTube

Anyways, sorry I don't have much time so I can't give everyone feedback.

I won't be entering week 3's contest because I spent this whole week finishing up my Link to the Past album, and possibly not week 4 (depending on the theme) because I'll be on vacation next week.

Good job everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom