• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The mysterious Linebeck

Shnappy

derp
I don't think it was 100 years. Or at least, I don't remember anything about that in the game.

I'm led to think he's from the Ocean King's Sea, yeah. If you've gotten far enough in your battles with Jolene, you know the story of how (and Null kind of already explained it)
Linebeck once accidentally saved Jolene from a monster he was actually trying to escape on his own. The two traveled together for some time, and eventually Linebeck stole some treasure, and the two have been enemies since then.
So I think it's safe to assume that he's spent the majority of his life in the Ocean King's Sea, and there's a good chance that's where he was born and raised before venturing out in the sea on his own.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
If I remember correctly the 100 years line is correct,
as I was playing through PH a month or two ago and I remember something like that coming up, and I was all "Lol wut......?" about it.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
Well I think that he was always at the Ocean King's Sea, and that he heard that the Ghost Ship had treasure on it and wanted it so he just happened to be in Link's way while was searching for Tetra. But remeber at the ending cutscene where Link pulls out the phantom hourglass and see's Linebeck's ship sailed away after he wokw up on the Ghost Ship with Tetra. So maybe Linebeck came from the Great Sea in Ww and then met with Link, who knows where Linebeck came it may remane a mystrey forever.

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Ummmmm..... according to the ending of WW Link and Tetra sailed NORTH of the Great Sea, not south of it. Get your directions straight.

Anyway, to contribute to the issue we all know that Lineback isnt necesarilly the greatest explorer out there so if it is true that the only link between the World of the Ocean King and the Great Sea is the Ghost ship and the Ocean King then i believe its safe to assume that Lineback never really came from Links world. And yes they are diferent worlds because, for one, people who die in links world turn into poes and people in the WotOK turn into spirits that hover over their dead bodies.

R

raymondeui13

They headed off south of the great sea if I recall correctly at the end of WW, presuming they held that course they would be in a different ocean entirely.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Well it spoils a good deal if you're that way inclined, so if you've finished PH and TWW, read ahead.

[Maybe spoilers, possibly]
I don't think he's been in that sea his whole life, on the reasoning he was back in the other ocean at the end.
I more think he's just spent a large amount of time in that sea, enough to become known by the residents of Mercay Island, what with them knowing of him at the start of the game, and enough to get on Jolene's bad side. Not long enough to have any good knowledge of anywhere else in the Ocean King's sea, or to be known anywhere else besides Mercay Island.

Really it's bizarre they put the 100 years ago part in there and give him little knowledge at all of all surrounding area and past events.
Though I guess that falls under the "Gameplay over Plot that makes sense" area.

Also, take a look at 7.10 on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGZVih5F1-Q

You have a bizarre concept of direction if you think thats sailing south.

H

housefull

I accept with information:I don't think he's been in that sea his whole life, on the reasoning he was back in the other ocean at the end.
I more think he's just spent a large amount of time in that sea, enough to become known by the residents of Mercay Island, what with them knowing of him at the start of the game, and enough to get on Jolene's bad side. Not long enough to have any good knowledge of anywhere else in the Ocean King's sea, or to be known anywhere else besides Mercay Island.

Austin

Austin
My theory is that hes a treasure hunter or a treasure hunter pretender. What I mean by pretender is that he just pretends he is a courageous treasure hunter. This is hinted by the fact that he had a relationship with the Pirate girl. Her and her sister, both pretend to be something they're not. So I'm thinking the three do their thing of pretending.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
My assumption would be that he had always been in the Ocean King's Sea, choosing to be an adventurer of the seas in that world.

No. He couldn't have. Because at the end of the game, you're back in the Great Sea with the pirates, and Link seas Linebeck off in the distance. If he had been an Ocean King realmer, how was he in the Great Sea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom