• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The mysterious Linebeck

I was thinking recently while playing PH, we really know nothing of Linebeck's history or anything. Where does he really come from: the Great Sea, or the Ocean King's sea? Was he out adventuring one day and just found an opening into the Ocean Kings realm, or has he always been there?

Well maybe The Great Sea and The Ocean Kings Sea are connected somehow and while Linebeck was adventuring after link left he stumbled upon the opening to the Great Sea.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
If he was such an adventurer, wouldn't he have been aware of the other islands, and have a bit better of a ship(with more updates and stuff).

If he was such an adventurer, wouldn't he have been aware of the other islands, and have a bit better of a ship(with more updates and stuff).

*SPOILERS*

Well, yes, but in the end of PH, the Ocean King says something about the Great Sea being in a different world than the world he rules.

*END SPOILERS*

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
I was aware, because they sailed off into a different sea, that's not really a spoiler. They headed off south of the great sea if I recall correctly at the end of WW, presuming they held that course they would be in a different ocean entirely.

But still, Linebeck ought to have a knowledge of his own seas.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I was aware, because they sailed off into a different sea, that's not really a spoiler. They headed off south of the great sea if I recall correctly at the end of WW, presuming they held that course they would be in a different ocean entirely.

But still, Linebeck ought to have a knowledge of his own seas.

you got a point there. never crossed my mind.

Well maybe The Great Sea and The Ocean Kings Sea are connected somehow and while Linebeck was adventuring after link left he stumbled upon the opening to the Great Sea.
but that different ocean is not the oceon king 's. its an whole other dimension

*Me just questioning something*

He fell into the ocean trying to save a women, and ended washing on shore?

I mean at least from what I remember he was dreaming.

I think he's just some guy who wanders the seas, proclaiming he's God and getting pirates pissed at him.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
My assumption would be that he had always been in the Ocean King's Sea, choosing to be an adventurer of the seas in that world.

I think you're right dude. I also think linebeck was from the ocean king ocean and he was an explorer there. Also if you think about it ph is the more modern links awakening. they're both portable sequels to main console games which in many fans opinions weren't as good as their predeccessors. the storyline is also at the end of the game thought to be a dream. Ill leave it as it is now.

Last edited:
Sorry to bump an old topic, (I Read the rules and saw that bumping is acceptable if you are contributing to the topic?)

As for Linebeck's story, he tells part of it during the mini part of Jolene's ambushes, I think once you get a letter off her in PH, the next time you get ambushed by her and beat her, Ceila will ask Linebeck what's up with her, and he explains something like this

"I was sailing through the ocean when i saw Jolene's ship being attacked by a monster, I ran my ship into it and she thanked me, we started sailing together as adventures but i got bored, and decided to part ways.. but stole some of her treasure, that's why she's chasing me"

^ not all that is word for word but you get the gist.

Then says that he accidentally crashed his boat into the monster while trying to escape

So from that you can kind of assume that Linebeck has always been in that Ocean, seeing as he and Jolene had sailed together in the past.

That's all I have though for his background. :)

E

Enraikou

idk if im correct but when u first meet the pirate jolene , she says something that happened between her and lineback 100 years ago. idk know for true

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom