• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Metroid Topic

I just got the first Metriod game for GBA a few months ago. I got it used at Game Stop. It is very hard. I don't know what the goal of it is. I don't know if there are special missions or something. I also have had Prime 2 Echoes for GC for a few years now. I can't get passed the 2nd level. It is very confusing. I don't even know where to go.
That's probably because you, uh, suck.

Mt favorite Metroid game is Super Metroid, followed closely by Metroid Prime. The only one I haven't played/beaten is Metroid 2.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
well its almost time to get my christmas present from smite :D
finnaly i will be able to play metroid prime (first one)

and then i would have a complete set of the prime series (except pinball and hunters)

i'm also planning to buy hunters, as i said before, after all these negative reactions, i want to know what the issue about hunters is, so please give me a awnser. one other thing i'm worried about is the gameplay and diffculty. is the game hard? and is the gameplay easy to handle with the stylus? and what about the lenght of the game, is it long like mp1 and mp2?

anyway putting aside the games itself, what i'm really interested in are the storylines and details (yay for the logbook lore's and scan visor). Like in the zelda games, there are really much details in the game. and like zelda, is has a lot of adventure and puzzle elements only then sci-fi and first person. thats why i liked the prime series.
for example:
- how dark samus was born
- what the galactic federations and space pirates want to accomplish with experiments.
- the chozo and other races. (what happend to the chozo anyway?)
- and one of my fave, the technoligy and mechanics.

there are many questions that i don 't know the awners of.

so in other words, would it be not better to discuss about these kinda things?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
well its almost time to get my christmas present from smite :D
finnaly i will be able to play metroid prime (first one)

and then i would have a complete set of the prime series (except pinball and hunters)

i'm also planning to buy hunters, as i said before, after all these negative reactions, i want to know what the issue about hunters is, so please give me a awnser. one other thing i'm worried about is the gameplay and diffculty. is the game hard? and is the gameplay easy to handle with the stylus? and what about the lenght of the game, is it long like mp1 and mp2?

anyway putting aside the games itself, what i'm really interested in are the storylines and details (yay for the logbook lore's and scan visor). Like in the zelda games, there are really much details in the game. and like zelda, is has a lot of adventure and puzzle elements only then sci-fi and first person. thats why i liked the prime series.
for example:
- how dark samus was born
- what the galactic federations and space pirates want to accomplish with experiments.
- the chozo and other races. (what happend to the chozo anyway?)
- and one of my fave, the technoligy and mechanics.

there are many questions that i don 't know the awners of.

so in other words, would it be not better to discuss about these kinda things?

- how dark samus was born: You'll understand in the ending of Metroid Prime 1, specially if you beat it with 100% items/lore
- what the galactic federations and space pirates want to accomplish with experiments.: better weaponry, more possibilities to take over the galaxy/defend the galaxy
- the chozo and other races. (what happend to the chozo anyway?): in the NTSC version of MP it is stated that they spiritually ascended... In the Pal Version(wich is the Canonical one, it is not quite understandable if they went somewherer else or where completely eradicated)

Hunters have some bad controls, it has a poor storyline, the log book is crappy... etc... but anyways, even being the worst metroid, is one of the best NDS games around

Kybyrian

Don't yell at me, but I think that Metroid Prime 3 is the best Metroid game.

I've played quite a few other Metroid games and could never get into any of them, but Metroid Prime 3 stole my heart.

It's a good series, nonetheless.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
- how dark samus was born: You'll understand in the ending of Metroid Prime 1, specially if you beat it with 100% items/lore
- what the galactic federations and space pirates want to accomplish with experiments.: better weaponry, more possibilities to take over the galaxy/defend the galaxy
- the chozo and other races. (what happend to the chozo anyway?): in the NTSC version of MP it is stated that they spiritually ascended... In the Pal Version(wich is the Canonical one, it is not quite understandable if they went somewherer else or where completely eradicated)

Hunters have some bad controls, it has a poor storyline, the log book is crappy... etc... but anyways, even being the worst metroid, is one of the best NDS games around

Lol, it seems i can ask you a lot of questions that you can awnser.

ok here is a couple more for u :D (maybe still more to come)
- Why is there Chozo technoligy on other planets?
- What is the Chozo? Spiritual/religious Beings? or just a superior race or something?
- Did the Chozo created Skytown in Mp3? (if so why is there a aurora unit there?)
- Did the Chozo made contact with the Luminoth in mp2?
- How was the Ing born in Aether?
- Was Aether also struck by the Levathian?
- I didn 't played Mp1 yet, but was Tallon IV also struck by the Levathian?
- Is the screw attack Chozo technoligy? i remember at mp2 i think... it was stated as unknown technoligy. If its not from the Chozo then was is it? Luminoth? Space Pirates? or maybe Galatic Fedration?

Well, the Metroid series definitely sounds like something to look into. I haven't played any yet, but next time I see my friend I'll borrow MP1 (he never plays it) and I would like to buy Hunters sometime soon. I'll tell you guys what I think of them once I get the chance to play a little.

I've played many of the Metroid games and I'm a big fan of the series. In fact, Super Metroid was the very first video game I ever played.

My favorite games in the series are probably Super Metroid and Metroid Prime (I can't really say I like one over the other, as they're so different.) I didn't like Prime 2 nearly as much as the first. I haven't played Prime 3 yet.

I also haven't played Hunters, Pinball, Zero Mission, or the first Metroid yet. But they're all games I intend to play.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought the storyline of Metroid Fusion was really wonky.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Lol, it seems i can ask you a lot of questions that you can awnser.

ok here is a couple more for u :D (maybe still more to come)
- Why is there Chozo technoligy on other planets?-Because they used to trade in with other races, also, they knew of Samus being the "savior of ther universe" from their prophecies
- What is the Chozo? Spiritual/religious Beings? or just a superior race or something?I think that they are just superior
- Did the Chozo created Skytown in Mp3? (if so why is there a aurora unit there?)Yes, they did... well... probably because the Chozo and the GF are allies, and the GF implanted the AU there
- Did the Chozo made contact with the Luminoth in mp2?Not in MP2, but long before, i believe there's a log somewhere that stated that
- How was the Ing born in Aether?That is highly debatable, but the most common theory is that the leviathan that struck Aether had a Phaz-ing on it, and it was a diferent kind of Leviathan, so, it ripped a dimensional rift(remember that the leviathans on MP3 are upgraded with Space Pirate Technology)
- Was Aether also struck by the Levathian?Yes, it was, where'd you think all that Phazon came?
- I didn 't played Mp1 yet, but was Tallon IV also struck by the Levathian?Of course, that's why there's a place called Impact Crater:D
- Is the screw attack Chozo technoligy? i remember at mp2 i think... it was stated as unknown technoligy. If its not from the Chozo then was is it? Luminoth? Space Pirates? or maybe Galatic Fedration?I think it's Chozo, it is seen in MZM and M2 and SM in Chozo statues, so, it's probably Chozo

- Why is there Chozo technoligy on other planets?-Because they used to trade in with other races, also, they knew of Samus being the "savior of ther universe" from their prophecies
- What is the Chozo? Spiritual/religious Beings? or just a superior race or something?I think that they are just superior
- Did the Chozo created Skytown in Mp3? (if so why is there a aurora unit there?)Yes, they did... well... probably because the Chozo and the GF are allies, and the GF implanted the AU there
- Did the Chozo made contact with the Luminoth in mp2?Not in MP2, but long before, i believe there's a log somewhere that stated that
- How was the Ing born in Aether?That is highly debatable, but the most common theory is that the leviathan that struck Aether had a Phaz-ing on it, and it was a diferent kind of Leviathan, so, it ripped a dimensional rift(remember that the leviathans on MP3 are upgraded with Space Pirate Technology)
- Was Aether also struck by the Levathian?Yes, it was, where'd you think all that Phazon came?
- I didn 't played Mp1 yet, but was Tallon IV also struck by the Levathian?Of course, that's why there's a place called Impact Crater:D
- Is the screw attack Chozo technoligy? i remember at mp2 i think... it was stated as unknown technoligy. If its not from the Chozo then was is it? Luminoth? Space Pirates? or maybe Galatic Fedration?I think it's Chozo, it is seen in MZM and M2 and SM in Chozo statues, so, it's probably Chozo

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
It seems that people get the impression that i became a metroid obsessed person...
Well yeah i like the prime series and maybe i will plan to download super metroid from VC.
But Skull_Kid is the metroid dude on this forum :p

Anyway, I Finnaly got my awsome gift from smitie :D
(Thnx Smitie for Metroid Prime and the kittie card)

So far i like it, the only thing i have to get used to is the scanm visor. Its really different from mp2 and mp2. you have only a limited space on your visor and have to scan icons.
While in 2 and 3 your entire visor can scan the whole objects.

Anyway, i just got the Varia suit so off to play some more. Maybe i will replay mp2 again after i finished this.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
No problem Oni, but don't finish it too fast. It makes me look like a noob :p

I like metroid prime so far, but I can't play it for another week because my cube is not at home -.-

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
where are you now at the game,Oni?I'm doing a low % hard run and i'm gonna battle meta ridley with just one e-tank and 20 missiles.... plus the beams...i'm gonna plasma beam his draconic *** so much xD--'

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Currently, i have obtained the gravity suit. lol i think i even passed smitie already.
I almost played it non-stop :xd:

By the way Skull_kid, how does the Tip system work?
You know when you get "Data Recieved". Does it come when you scanned certain information? or does it goes automaticly after some time when you didn 't progressed further in the game?

-.- and damn, chozo ghosts are annoying.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
gravity suit?....Chozo ghosts?.... Damn you passed me already. I have to wait till monday before I can play metroid prime again -.-.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom