• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Metroid Topic

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Well... Since lately the number of Metroid Fans seems to have increased(even Smithereens is joining us muahahaha), I felt it was the right time to create this thread:)
Well...
There are lots of different opinions about the games, the storyline, etc...

I'll start with giving you all guys a metroid timeline(the official one)

-Metroid/Metroid Zero Mission(Metroid is no longer canon, being replaced by MZM)
-Metroid Prime/Metroid Prime Pinball(Prime pinball is not canon, but fits here)
-Metroid Prime Hunters(Think of it has Prime 1.5)
-Metroid Prime 2: (Dark) Echoes
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
-Metroid II: The Return of Samus
-Super Metroid
-Metroid Fusion

Sidenotes: The Metroid e-manga is been proved to be canon over the years, as it clarifies some points before Metroid/MZM.
Metroid Prime Hunters:First Hunt(Demo), is stated to be a holographical projector, much like a training room for Samus, so it doesn't get into the timeline, for it can fit anywhere

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Metroid prime 2 took me ages to beat, i needed a guide for that.
damn you boost ball guardian, i hate you!

I have replayed it twice, because if i replay it, its takes too many time to finish it -.-

Metroid prime 3 was fun. it has its good points and bad points.
but overall, i really enjoyed it.

Now to make my prime series complete (except the pinball and hunters)
Smitie is getting me Metroid Prime as a Christmas present, Hooray!!!
I was really looking for this game, but i could not find it.

So i´m looking foreward to play it.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Even I joined the metroid fans? Who says i like metroid prime?! :p
I only played part of metroid prime and so far I like it (but it's a bit confusing sometimes)

And you only have to wait a couple of days oni :) I hope you enjoy the game.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
If you think that Prime is confusing, Smithereens, you would hate Echoes xD... It is confusing, long, annoying, but is one of my top 3 Metroid Games:D

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I was a bit late to get on the Metroid fanwagon but since Metroid Prime, I've really caught up with the franchise and consider it one of my favorites.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I started metroid when I was 5 years or so, my mum bought me metroid II: The Return of Samus(the game was released in 1991,smae year as ALttP, but I was a wee baby,back then), so, I started it on february of 1994... Later that year Super Metroid was released and my cousin got it, after that, we spent years beating the games over and over and over, when Fusion and Prime got out, I was so metroid starved that I bought them both... Now metroid prime is my favorite, folowed by super metroid and metroid prime 2 echoes

U

uniqc

uniqc

Hi skull_kid, like ur title, I am a metroid fan too, got stuck and haven't picked it back up yet. More about that later, can you answer a question or two about Windwaker?

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
I just got the first Metriod game for GBA a few months ago. I got it used at Game Stop. It is very hard. I don't know what the goal of it is. I don't know if there are special missions or something. I also have had Prime 2 Echoes for GC for a few years now. I can't get passed the 2nd level. It is very confusing. I don't even know where to go.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
That's because you don't pay attention to details, KPllk, even though echoes is the more confusing of the three prime games.. Wich GBA Metroid did you get?Fusion or Zero Mission?it's hard to get lost/not know what to do in Fusion, with adam always babbling

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
damn you boost ball guardian, i hate you!
Amen to that brudda.:D

So far I've only played and beaten Metroid Prime 1 and 2. I loved both of them and I'm hoping to get Prime 3 and Prime Hunters as soon as I can. I'm also interested in playing some of the GBA games after I finish those MP 3 and MPH.

N

No_Comment

Well I have only played (and beaten) Metroid II and Fusion... THE MOST LINEAR GAMES IN THE SERIES!!! Or so I heard. I likd both of them, I started to play Fusion again, but I didn´t complete it. I´m thinking of playing Metroid II again.

Anyway, great games.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
@ Hylian Hobbit- you are gonna be disapointed by hunters...

@ No comment- Yet, Fusion is the second best 2-D Metroid Title, and it is awesome, way better than Fusion

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
ok i'm hearing a lot of negative reactions of hunters.

i want to buy this game but after these bad comments about it, i'm not so sure.

tell me whats so bad about hunters?
gamplay? quality? diffuculty?

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I just got a Wii and Metroid Prime 3, and I'm lovin' the game so far.

And I don't think I'll be dissapointed Skull Kid. I'm not expecting anything totally amazing, I'm just looking for another DS game. Preferably one where you shoot things. So I think I'll be quite happy with Hunters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom