• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Lyre/Harp

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Hey everyone,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89kq-R_GF1Y&feature=player_embedded

Okay in that video at the end of the gameplay segment you'll see Zelda with a Lyre/Harp that should be familiar to Ocarina of Time fans....We also saw the Lyre as an equipped item in past trailers, so we may have reason to believe that Zelda's Lyre will be the musical instrument in this game.

What's interesting is that it looks almost identical to Impa's/Sheik's lyre in Ocarina of Time. Do you guys think this is the same lyre? Do you believe the lyre will be an equipped item in Skyward Sword?

I dunno, but one thing's for sure: You might have to use the Skyward Sword's "treasure-seeking ability" to find Zelda's lost instrument somewhere down in the "world below".

(lol) My above statement is an oxymoron. >.<

I see more then the Harp I was able to see another cutscence about Skyward Sword its awesome! The Lyra sure is a mystery we'll find out more when the game is out.

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
Well it doesn't have to be the Sheikahs lyre. I mean Sheik has it, and Sheik is Zelda. So it could be something that Zelda inherited from her mother.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I wonder how it will be played... Will we be plucking at virtual strings with the Wiimote and Nunchuk? Or will it be pure button input? Does anyone know if there was a lyre in Wii Music, or at least a Harp or similarly stringed plucking instrument?

Will be interesting to see how it is played. I would guess you use the nunchuk like you have to pull it back for the bow, and you will play it based on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom