• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom Announced

Wish they'd used the ALBW look instead of the legend of fugly funko pop, but I wasn't expecting a new top down to be announced. Echoes of Wisdom is a nice name, and playable Zelda is kay-o with me.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
I would like Zelda to finally be playable in some game. i know that Zelda is playable in Hyrule Warriors, but i want to play with Zelda in a main title and why not? i would also like to see a cooperative 3D Zelda game
Young Ganon got their wish! :)

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
super surprised and excited about this!! it’s definitely not my favorite in terms of graphics, but when you could see the mountains and such in the background it looked a little better, and more expansive. wasn’t expecting ANYTHING Zelda related to be at this direct, let alone a whole new game. will be grabbing it for sure!

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
I think it has charming design, not my favorite art style, but when Windwaker came out on GameCube I wasn’t please with the design at first and then it grew on me.

To piggyback on @Killjoy262 comment, having Zelda not use a sword and shield, but the magical staff helps solidify this is not a “anything he can do I can do better,” but playing on her unique strengths and that Nintendo is being creative that Zelda is not a female clone of Link, she has always been unique and had her skill list. :)

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I'll buy it. I wish they would have marketed it as a semi-spinoff (maybe Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom or Echoes of Wisdom: A Zelda Quest) but I'll take it. Hugely excited that we're getting another top-down game although I'm guessing it'll be somewhat low-effort considering it's built on the framework of Link's Awakening Remake. The music in LA Remake was half-baked digital remix at best and it doesn't sound like the music in the trailer is much better. Deku are FINALLY back!!! I'm hoping that the game doesn't take the "choose your own adventure" path that BotW and TotK did where they replace puzzles with obstacles to be overcome using a toolkit but we'll see. The "mysterious rifts" aspect feels very low-effort but I suppose it's just a bland way of introducing the dual world in this entry. The Switch Lite is SICK! The "art style" (a misnomer used to suggest the intentional selection of a visual mode in service of the finest experience rather than the cheap cop-out that the LA Remake visual style is) of EoW will annoy me as will the snappiness of the grided gameplay but I'm sure I'll enjoy it despite my critiques.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
honestly, I am a bit apprehensive by the seemingly lack of direct combat? I also don't think this was the best artstyle choice, almost feels like it cheapens the point of it being the artstyle for the LA remake, and the premise is the most predictable thing ever I'm a bit surprised they went w/ it
despite all that though I am still hopeful it'll be great

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
literally what on earth are you talking about?
It's not like you're going to surprise me by telling me that a lot of people like the music. There were a few tracks in LA Remake that were okay but nothing better than fan music on YouTube. While I'll admit that I've been spoiled with orchestrated music in recent Zelda titles, I'm completely convinced that the reason people liked the music in LA Remake is a combination of nostalgia and buying in to the excuse that "the tracks only sound so tinny and artificial because they're trying to emulate that midi aesthetic" which is valid but doesn't make the music sound any better. It also doesn't explain why Echoes of Wisdom music has that same artificial veneer.

I'm super excited for this! I'm happy to play as Zelda in a mainline game. I didn't expect a new Zelda game this soon after Tears of the Kingdom. I thought the next one would be a spin off or remake/remaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom