• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom Announced

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
You said “ they are hardly the same, “she said same in art style, she did not mention the gameplay.

We were discussing that the same art style gets used at least twice, Botw and Totk are an example.
Okay, tell me where this is said in reference to gameplay? Yes, we are discussing the art style. Majora's Mask having the same art style as Ocarina of Time makes sense because it's a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time... This is not the same as Echoes of Wisdom having the same art style as Link's Awakening... Try to follow along before chiming in for other people.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
Okay, tell me where this is said in reference to gameplay? Yes, we are discussing the art style. Majora's Mask having the same art style as Ocarina of Time makes sense because it's a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time... This is not the same as Echoes of Wisdom having the same art style as Link's Awakening... Try to follow along before chiming in for other people.
We don’t know Echoes isn’t connected to Awakening yet…

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
It kind of reminds me of the crystal she was trapped in in OoT. It could be that he was after her Triforce piece like back then, and he needed to imprison her in something that could stop her magic from damaging him in the interim.
That makes sense, she possesses The Triforce of Wisdom. Be cool if she could do telepathic and telekinetic powers, even slipping thoughts in Ganon’s mind that makes him unstable cuz its mostly lust for power in his brain. So he creates a crystal to bar her powers.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend

The ESRB rating suggests that Link is still playable in some capacity. I desperately hope that this means we’ll get some traditional Zelda gameplay here, but I’m also a little disheartened by the “rescuing Link” part.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
In all likelihood it's talking about the game's opening scene which we already saw in the reveal trailer. The jury's out on if we'll get more than just that, though...
I highly doubt that they’d make Link a playable character for the first 5 minutes of the game and nothing more. It seems like a waste of effort for something that could’ve just been a cutscene.

There is the possibility of him only being playable in a second quest, similar to something like Symphony of the Night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom