• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Hylian Race???

Ok, so I just want to throw my theory out there that the "people" of Skyloft are actually the ancestors of the Hylians. If I remember correctly, in OoT and TP, it is stated that the Hylian race were descendants of people in the sky. Could the people of Skyloft become the Hylians, and also could this start the unification of Hyrule?

Beeker

Wild Card
That's quite an interesting theory, link9. As for confirmations, I believe that it was confirmed that there are people in the sky, But I think they are human. They never confirmed that they weren't human, though. Another thought I had with your theory is that perhaps after Link saves Hyrule, maybe others from Skyloft come down as well, therefore starting unification of Hyrule? Just a thought.=\

Beeker

Wild Card
Again, was not that alredy confirmed? Also, humans do not have pointy ears, but hylians and terminians do. So the people of skyloft are not human. A human would be Rusl from TP. A hylian would be the STAR game guy from TP.

Oh, must have been my mistake then. Probably confusing myself again.:xd:

I think it wasn't confirmed.
When I played TP, I tought that the Hylians descended from the Ooccoos, since they live in the sky.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I think it wasn't confirmed.
When I played TP, I tought that the Hylians descended from the Ooccoos, since they live in the sky.

I thought that too. Which probably isn't that far off since the Ooccoos do have rather human like heads...which I still find incredibly creepy.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I think that there will already be people (Hylians) living in the land below (What I believe to be Hyrule). I think this will also explain Link's heritage because he was probably very close to the Gods living in Skyloft and he was chosen for his bravery to battle the evil that were attacking the Hylians. Probably towards the end of the game, Link get's stuck on Hyrule as a rancher, or chills in the castle with the King, the carpet guy, Zelda, and Impa.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The idea of Hylians being descended from the Ooccoo is a bit of a stretch isn't it? Doesn't really matter how fast evolution can occur in the Zelda universe, that line of development from Ooccoo to Hylian makes little sense for two reasons. One, both Ooccoo and Hylians exist in TP, but that can be explained by really selective evolution of only a portion of the Ooccoo race I suppose. Two, Link is from Skyloft, and he is clearly not an Ooccoo, so it's more likely that Skyloft has a population of Hylians, maybe even living alongside the Ooccoo as both races are supposed to be very close to the Goddesses.

Now, the Deku Sprout explained a few things about the Unification War that took place before OoT, and I think it's possible that the events of the war may have been influenced by Skyloft. The King of Hyrule unified the various races in the kingdom, and we know the Hyrulean Royal Family is Hylian. Perhaps the Hylian race originated in Skyloft and Hyrule was originally inhabited by humans and the other races like the Zora and Goron and whatnot, all of which were fighting with each other and their conflicts making it easy for evil to take over. After Link saves Hyrule, perhaps the rest of the Skyloft's Hylian population descended to Hyrule to help with strengthening the land through unification. This next idea came from another theory someone had somewhere on this site, I forget who said it, but basically they suggested the Hylians interbred into the human race, with the Hylian blood dominating over the Human blood so that by OoT, most humans had more Hylian blood than Human blood (thus explaining the larger number of humans in TP since the Hylian blood would have had time to thin by then). That's a theory I can believe, so that's what I think of this matter.

The idea of Hylians being descended from the Ooccoo is a bit of a stretch isn't it? Doesn't really matter how fast evolution can occur in the Zelda universe, that line of development from Ooccoo to Hylian makes little sense for two reasons. One, both Ooccoo and Hylians exist in TP, but that can be explained by really selective evolution of only a portion of the Ooccoo race I suppose. Two, Link is from Skyloft, and he is clearly not an Ooccoo, so it's more likely that Skyloft has a population of Hylians, maybe even living alongside the Ooccoo as both races are supposed to be very close to the Goddesses.

I do believe that its possible that they shape shift from one to the other possibly, remember in TP there was shape shifting obviously. I believe it was confirmed or rumored that in SS you once again have two different forms, so its not a question of evolution, but one of magic. Remember magic is a building block for the series, and the idea of them just transforming when they go down, or if some god transforms them is a possibility. And I dont believe they were descendants from the oocoo(?) lol, but as someone earlier said, its possible for more than one race to live in the sky.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
Again, was not that alredy confirmed? Also, humans do not have pointy ears, but hylians and terminians do. So the people of skyloft are not human. A human would be Rusl from TP. A hylian would be the STAR game guy from TP.
Hylians are humans, link is constantly called a human in tp, by the zoras, yeti, gorons, etc. I think ur onto something tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom