• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Hylian Race???

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Lol @ all those "confirmations"
-Hylians are not confirmed to be descended from Oocca. The Oocca are said to have moved to the sky simultaneously with the birth of the Hylians. Doesn't say who they were born with, but it sounds sudden to me, and a new race just isn't "born" from another. It's much more likely that they were created by the goddesses, as told in (LttP? OoT?)'s BS.
-Link is not confirmed to transform in SS. Not sure where that came from...that thread about the sword transforming?

There could be multiple races in the sky
This is a very good point that was overlooked. I'd have to disagree at this point though. If we find out that Link definitely isn't Oocca, then I'll say that there are two, but probably not living together.

The idea of Hylians being descended from the Ooccoo is a bit of a stretch isn't it? Doesn't really matter how fast evolution can occur in the Zelda universe, that line of development from Ooccoo to Hylian makes little sense for two reasons. One, both Ooccoo and Hylians exist in TP, but that can be explained by really selective evolution of only a portion of the Ooccoo race I suppose. Two, Link is from Skyloft, and he is clearly not an Ooccoo, so it's more likely that Skyloft has a population of Hylians, maybe even living alongside the Ooccoo as both races are supposed to be very close to the Goddesses.
The Oocca could be the ones who evolved to what we saw in TP. We have no idea what they looked like back then, so it's quite possible that Link is one.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
I thought the more "divine" race created the hylians, bot evolved into them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom