• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Hero of Time Has Met with a Terrible Fate, Hasn't He?

Let's think about what happened to hero of time and sum this up:

1. He lost both parents in the war as a child.
2. Rejected by the kokiri, grown up without a fairy, no one understands him apart from his only friend Saria.
3. Forced to go through all the trails in OoT then she leaves him, navi abandons him.
4. Get sent back to the past where everyone still treat him as a kid despite having the experience and memory of an adult stuck in his body, no companions, no one knows his heroic deed.
5. Went to termina, bullied by an imp and saved another world along with the skull kid who had similar troubles with friendships like himself, and in the end everyone left him alone once again, still no companions.

Then he either:
1. Dies with eternal regret and loneliness, becomes a ghost skeleton known as Hero's shade, haunting Hyrule for centuries until he meets the TP Link.
2. Murdered by Ganon and leave everything to the Link to the past.

Those are all facts confirmed by the hyrule historia and other sources, while other links just go out and kill the baddie in two weeks time and then go to bed with zelda for the rest of their life, I don't know why nintendo is so cruel about the hero of time, you never ever see him smile in the game, and he never caught a break after all the hard work>.>

Last edited:

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
A hero's life is usually full of tragedy. I mean look at Luke Skywalker. The people who raised him were murdered, the old man he grew up with is killed before his eyes, his best friend (Biggs) dies in combat, the only girl interested in him turns out to be his sister, his father is Darth Vader, and his father dies before his eyes.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
Frankly, I hate that the Hero of Time has a hard life and even afterlife despite of all of the legendary heroic deeds he did to save the Kingdom of Hyrule. It isn't fair that other Links have a great story to tell, have a great future with the girl of their dreams (if they ever plan to marry someone). If it wasn't for the Hero of Time, Hyrule would have been destroyed by evil forces for generations. What saddens me even more is that I can personally equivalently relate to that of his childhood. The Hero of Time should be a hero that is worthy of making his adventures a legend for future heroes to follow. It's such a shame that only a few citizens (mainly his closest friends and family members) will always remember him and will always be there for him, the greatest Hero of all Time.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Sometimes sad ends are still noble ones.

Yeah, the Hero of Time is a woobie, isn't he? I do have a contention with the Kokiri example, though, a minor one. While Link was the odd man out of his village for not having a fairy and his *best* friend was Saria, the begnning of the game had other Kokiri being generally friendly to him - only Mido was a big fat jerk. He may have had some friendly relations with other Kokiri even though he was "the weird one." I mean, I grew up alternately picked on and low-level befriended by *the very same people* and I turned out just...fi-... scratch that, I turned out as messed up as heck... so I'll give you the point. (This is a point at which I *really* relate to the Hero of Time and feel for him strongly... poor ostracised kid...)

I did have the feeling upon completing the Hero's Shade's skills-test in Twilight Princess that the Hero's Shade was happy to finally move on - it was like, he *finally* felt that Hyrule was in good hands now, so maybe he got some eternal peace after that. I hope so, because the Hero of Time really did get a raw deal in life, having both a hard life - and afterlife for a while there.

All the same, if it's any consoluation, I realy do think Hero of Time Link really knew how important he was. If you feel significant to the workings of the world, that can be enough to save many hurts you face in being that very thing.

In addition, some of his life was a gap - In the time-outside-of-time when he goes back to be a child and saves Termina - we are not given information as to what happens after that, only a statement that the Hero of Twilight is his descendant, so, one would think that he got lucky at some point, at least, and probably had a nice family life with someone for a while. I really like to think that he had some peace, fun and normalcy in life, even if for a short time.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I have a lot to say about this but don't know exactly how to word it, so for now I will just say you bring up a very good point.

Tictalk

Anouki
Hmm... That's a very good point you have brought up there. Claps for you :) I would say that since he became a stalfos person thing (hero of shade in TP) he gets to live forever. :/ is that good?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
A hero's life is usually full of tragedy. I mean look at Luke Skywalker. The people who raised him were murdered, the old man he grew up with is killed before his eyes, his best friend (Biggs) dies in combat, the only girl interested in him turns out to be his sister, his father is Darth Vader, and his father dies before his eyes.

Completely irrelevant to the topic but Leiah was not interested inhim. She was interested in han Solo and used Luke to make Han jealous. Just saying ;)

Yeah it is a terrible faith the Hero of Time met. He went out to kill off Ganondorf and returned peace to Hyrule and in the end nobody knew what he was doing back in the child timeline. He was forgotten while other Links were able to restore peace without being forgotten

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Well it's not necessarily true that he was alone in the end. He still had Saria since she hdn't been reawakened as a sage yet in the child timeline, he had malon (who he supposedly married), he had epona, he had his new friend the skull kid, he had princess zelda even if se didnt remember him, and the only kokiri that was mean to him was mido. While I agree that his story truly sucks, he can still return to a somewhat normal life

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Yup, and since he actually helps Hyrule in the child timeline by telling Zelda all about Ganondorf in the end, which then goes to Ganondorfs execution which you can see in a cutscen in TP, he was probably looked upon like some kind of Hero. After MM, I think he went back to Hyrule for a time. The Gorons and the Zora was still grateful to him and he could probably easily make new friends.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Why do people always assume he married Malon? There is no evidence there was some attraction between them. The only thing we know is he returned to tell Zelda wwhat he remembered but nowhere is said he married Malon. The only thing we know is he must have met a terrible faith since he was Hero's Shade (Hero's Shade is assumed to be the cursed swordsman)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom