• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Gossip Stone Behind the Deku Tree

S

snilges

You seem to defend it very well that i say it is true but then again it could have been a coincidence that Tingle could fit the bill or seem logical for this story
Nothing in Zelda is a coincidence. The sheer attention to detail in this game is what makes us come up with these theories and backstories. It is what makes the Zelda series all the more enjoyable.

I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize for repeating if I am but has anyone considered the Begger (Hyrule Castle Town as a child, Kakariko Village as an adult) as the missing Kokiri. He bears a striking resemblance to the know-it all brothers (red hair, green clothes, hat pushing hair into eyes, has no parents) I remembering thinking about him the first time I saw that stone's message. He also lives on the streets begging for everything he gets kinda like he tried to explore a new world and things just didn't go as planned. I'd also like to add that he seems a little bit older than the other Kokiri as if he began to age as soon as he entered Hyrule (although it's not canon that the Kokiri age outside of the forest, it seems to me at least to be a widely accepted theory and the ending of OoT proves they can leave the forest.) No Hylian has to beg for anything, no other Hylian child is implied to be parentless, I mean we even find out Grog has a hateful papa waiting at home for him. I know this is just speculation with no REAL basis but he just FEELS like a lost Kokiri to me.

T

Triforceholder

Outside the Forest

I didn't read the whole thread so pardon me if this has been said already but as for the story of the Kokiri dying when they leave the forest being a lie. The Deku tree didn't mean that they would drop dead when they left that log. He meant that they would grow older and eventually die if they were not in the woods. Like the Garden of Eden.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Very deep theory, but you have to LEAVE the woods to die. Tingle never left technically, and even if he did, Termina would have been in the opposite direction that he had been traveling. I have my own theory that the Great Deku Tree told that to the Kokori and had a guard posted there because the land is dangerous for little child people who can't fight and could easily die or get corrupted by the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom