• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Gossip Stone Behind the Deku Tree

I keep hearing theories about Fado and the Temple of Wind. They were allegedly a character and temple which were scrapped (along with the temple of light?). Then, they recycled the idea in Wind waker, turned Fado into a male character (and made it look like original Fado). Her story might have been pretty long considering she may have been the Wind Temple sage. Maybe she leaves the forest at some point in the scrapped plot. In this case the designers would've had to have forgotten about the Gossip Stone for it to still be in the game.

Heck, maybe the Stone's even talking about Saria who often leaves the forest, EVEN leaves the surrounding lost woods, to play her Ocarina outside of the Temple Gate / Sacred Meadow.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I keep hearing theories about Fado and the Temple of Wind. They were allegedly a character and temple which were scrapped (along with the temple of light?). Then, they recycled the idea in Wind waker, turned Fado into a male character (and made it look like original Fado). Her story might have been pretty long considering she may have been the Wind Temple sage. Maybe she leaves the forest at some point in the scrapped plot. In this case the designers would've had to have forgotten about the Gossip Stone for it to still be in the game.

Heck, maybe the Stone's even talking about Saria who often leaves the forest, EVEN leaves the surrounding lost woods, to play her Ocarina outside of the Temple Gate / Sacred Meadow.

Technically saria doesn't leave the forest, the forest meadow is still a part of the koriki forest, so I doubt that the gossip stone was talking about her. Your theory on fado is interesting I think you may be on to something there. I still think the most likely answer is the stone was talking about link.

Fado was an actual character in OoT, and she had a strange fascination with the Lost Woods, so much so that she left and lived there, so it is quite possible Fado is the kokiri mentioned by this gossip stone.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Good theory. The only objections I have are that
1. I would assume that the lost woods is still part of the forest seing as mido is in the lost woods in part of the game
2. You meet Tingle's father in MM, and he lives in Termina. He was not a Kokiri. Plus, 35 is a bit old for a Kokiri, or at least for the Kokiri we have seen and heard about

C

CosmicCucco

But In Majora's Mask. Tingle Has A Father He Says. And In Minish Cap He Has Brothers. He Couldn't Possibly Be A Kokiri. But At The Same Time He Can! He Might As Well Have Been An Old Version Of Kokiri Tunic-Wise. Then All Kokiri Got Different Uniforms, Maybe?

Interesting theory, however in Majora's Mask they say Tingle is a 35 year old man, and he has the wrinkles to prove it, showing that he has aged... Although I can understand why you would think this because of the misleading green kokiri s style clothing, and the fact that he is probably the shortest 35 year old in human history...

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
It couldn't be Tingle!
1. He's never had a fairy
2. We meet his father, who is a big burly man
3. He wasn't introduced till Majora's Mask
I don't think it's Tingle, but I've never seen that Gossip Stone before. Was it in the original?
This is an awesome find. Wonder who it's talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom