• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Golden Wolf is the Hero's Shade True Form

Am I the only one who thinks that the true form of the Hero's shade is NOT the the Staflos guy? I think it makes more sense honestly that OoT Link (Wolf) transformed into the Staflos ( or an undead skeleton.) in order to teach TP Link the techniques and allow him to attack himself.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Yeah I think the Hero of Time would rather be a Golden wolf than a creepy Stalfos guy. I always liked to think of the Hero like he's TP Link's dad, even though that's impossible since its been a hundred years since Oot. It's still a nice thought :).

Yah I'm gonna have to go with that the golden wolf is the only form he can appear in, in the real word... but when he teaches Link the specials moves he assumes his other world form.... which btw.. where does Shade take Link :/

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I like to think that the Golden Wolf is almost OoT Link's spirit, while the skeletal guy is his undead-physical form.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
No...

I believe that The Golden Wolf is The Hero of Time's spirit. The Stalfos form is probably The Hero of Time's true form, which he uses to teach Link sword skills

Why do you think that? No offense but you gave no evidence to support your theory. I think it's more likely that the stalfos is Shade's true form. OoT explained that people can turn into stalfos. How did he turn into a wolf between OoT and TP? His wolf form looks more mystical so I also think it is his spirit. The wolf being connected to spirit would also explain why Link turns into a wolf in the Twilight. He's likely taking the form of his spirit animal.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
He is not a stalfos, nor a skeleton, he is shade, the shade of the hero, in-game screenshots and official artwork show him as a muscular shade, the only skeletal part is the face

oshi_yoshi

Skyloftian Night Patrol
OoT Link (who I firmly believe is the Hero's Shade) probably uses a wolf as his spirit form to put TP Link at ease, and to make him relatable to. It was an intentional link (haha, no pun intended) on Nintendo's part to signify that TP Link and OoT Link are related. They both take the form of a wolf and are destined to save Hyrule from Ganon. And he has to become an undead warrior in the ethereal spirit world. How else would he teach TP Link his sword techniques? It's just a matter of choice on his part whether or not to take the form necessary at the time.
The spirit world the techniques are taught in is most likely where his spirit remains because he cannot be at rest since Ganondorf returns to Hyrule again anyway. After OoT Zelda is warned of Ganondorf, he is executed (even though it's a failed attempt) and sent to the Twilight Realm. Link's spirit was made to fight evil, so he can't be at rest until the evil is put down permanently. Ganondorf was not dead, just in an alternate dimension.
I feel like there is a gap in between MM and TP that should be filled with another game, or at the very least a better explanation. Maybe OoT Link isn't at rest bc he never found Navi! There are a million plausible explanations that Nintendo desperately needs to clear up.
(That made sense in my head, so I'm sorry if it got super confusing!)

Yeah I think the Hero of Time would rather be a Golden wolf than a creepy Stalfos guy. I always liked to think of the Hero like he's TP Link's dad, even though that's impossible since its been a hundred years since Oot. It's still a nice thought :).
It isn't hundreds of years, TP Link is a direct decedent of OoT Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom