• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Golden Wolf is the Hero's Shade True Form

S

Scottmcq15

the hero's shade teaches TP link the ending blow and the shield attack wich are from skyward sword but also teaches him the back slice and helm splitter wich are from wind waker

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Those who get lost in the woods become stalfos though. Perhaps that is what happened to link, or he died there and came back as the hero's shade.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Those who get lost in the woods become stalfos though. Perhaps that is what happened to link, or he died there and came back as the hero's shade.

he is not a stalfos

170px-Hero%27s_Shade.png
116px-TP_Stalfos.png

Someone is going to have to start modding these posts from me...

Last edited:
Ummmm, no. That's like saying TP Link's true form is a wolf. Because he is now dead OoT Link does not have a physical form and so in the physical word he assumes the form of a wolf. However, when in the dreamlike after-life realm he can assume his 'true form' which is the form perhaps of a stalfos (maybe Link got lost in the woods and turned into a stalfos), or his skeletal form is simply his bodily remains as they would appear in the real world. To say the Golden Wolf is his true form implies he fought Ganon and journeyed to Termina as a wolf. Which he clearly didn't.

How in the world does that imply that he went to Termina as a wolf after possibly several hundred years have passed? I mean, honestly, many things can happen in that timespan. Also, the Golden Wolf could very well be his true spiritual form, as it would coincide with his spiritual successor's - TP Link's - wolf form, which was brought upon by divine influences and the mark of the Triforce, to protect him from the negative influences of the twilight veil; there isn't very much to dispute this.

Also, the Hero's Shade is not a Stalfos. I mean, if anything, his face might appear somewhat skeletal, I'll give you that. However, his body appears to be made of a more ethereal ectoplasmic substance than anything; it is very ghost-like in nature. He even has muscle tone for Pete's sake. (lol)

170px-Hero%27s_Shade.png

There is very little to suggest that he got lost in the woods for all eternity. It is more probable that the armor that he wears is the armor of the Hylian Knights of the era in which the Hero of Time perished; this would coincide with the similar design of the armor worn by the Hylian Knight spirits in the castle courtyard (they can be seen by using the wolf senses). For all we know, the Hero of Time could have returned to Hyrule after his exploits in Termina, and became a knight of the Royal Family.

There are many other skeletal [skeletal-esque] beings in the series - many of them are members of the -stal family -, but they are not Stalfos'. Igos du Ikana from Majora's Mask comes to mind.

Igos du Ikana
Igosduikana.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the phrase 'true form' indicates that it is his default. As if when he weren't putting on a disguise shall we say he is a wolf, which he isn't. He is the ghost of a Hylian. If we do see his true form, it is far more likely to be the Shade form, a form which would resemble his bodily status whether he turned into a stalfos or not (as I believe I indicated in the post you responded to).To say the Golden Wolf is Shade's true form is like saying TP Link's true form is his Twilight Wolf form.

*His default spiritual form in Link's world. What I was implying or, rather, what I meant to imply, was that the Hero's Shade is the "form" that he assumes in the spiritual mist (fan-name?). Also, he is - in no way, shape, or form - a Stalfos...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom