• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Future of the Hylian Knight Usergroup

Should the HK rank be kept?

• Keep the HK rank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not keep the HK rank

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think we should reset the poll on like Friday or something, and have it open for a week. Makes sense to me.
The only thing is that people who have voted may forget to vote again so the true outcome may not be as accurate. To be honest, Alit should keep his own version of the poll and anyone who opts to change their vote should contact him and he should make the changes. I just think it's confusing if we make another poll when people have already made their decision, plus the fact that they may forget to vote again.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
What? We have been giving the HKs a chance since we joined, some of us joined several years ago. How come we are close minded and not you? No one is close minded here; we just have differing opinions.

The HK system did I meaning once. It was a rank with meaning far before you joined. For some reason though, they hit a bump. No one was promoted, a lot of people stepped down, the Ventus situation took a tool on the rank, everything just went out of place and the rank obviously needed some changes. I understand why people are against it. I understand why people want it gone. I know a few people that always wanted it gone. The reason I say people are being close minded is because, when Sydney and I suggested we wait and see how the HKs changed, people just went like "NO! DELETE THEM NOW! DON'T GIVE A CHANCE! JUST GET RID OF THEM! NOW! RIGHT NOW! GET THEM OUT OF HERE!!!! DELETE IT NOW AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!!!"

This whole discussion should have been made months after the new system was implemented, no right when they started.

Putting a new system in the rank doesn't mean it'll work any better. It's like replacing a hammer with a screwdriver and saying that screwdriver is better for sawing wood.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Putting a new system in the rank doesn't mean it'll work any better. It's like replacing a hammer with a screwdriver and saying that screwdriver is better for sawing wood.

That doesn't even make any sense at all and doesn't apply here in any way possible.

It would be more like if a nation realized a flaw in their government and tried to fix it. Not like having someone hack at a piece of wood with a hammer and then replace it with an screwdriver.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
The HK system did I meaning once. It was a rank with meaning far before you joined. For some reason though, they hit a bump. No one was promoted, a lot of people stepped down, the Ventus situation took a tool on the rank, everything just went out of place and the rank obviously needed some changes. I understand why people are against it. I understand why people want it gone. I know a few people that always wanted it gone. The reason I say people are being close minded is because, when Sydney and I suggested we wait and see how the HKs changed, people just went like "NO! DELETE THEM NOW! DON'T GIVE A CHANCE! JUST GET RID OF THEM! NOW! RIGHT NOW! GET THEM OUT OF HERE!!!! DELETE IT NOW AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!!!"

This whole discussion should have been made months after the new system was implemented, no right when they started.

Did it have meaning before Kitsu joined? Because he joined in 2008 and he wants it gone. The idea behind your and Sydney's suggestion is the idea of this poll is that if it reaches a certain amount, the HK's will be removed. Trying to change the ruling is sort of unfair.

That doesn't even make any sense at all and doesn't apply here in any way possible.

It would be more like if a nation realized a flaw in their government and tried to fix it. Not like having someone hack at a piece of wood with a hammer and then replace it with an screwdriver.

The point of the analogy is to point out the absurdity of the situation. HKs are an inherently flawed concept, so any of these attempt to reform them are moot.

Jamie

Someone please tell me what makes the rank so bad that it needs to be removed without question?

Not without question. People are voting on it. You are blowing this whole thing way out of proportion.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
@Pancake

It's just the harsh truth that are efforts to improve the rank may become fruitless unfortunately. This is purely an inconvenience of timing; however this thread could have came up at any time and it wouldn't have made a difference to some people's points in this thread. Their arguments are mainly about the concept of having such a rank.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Did it have meaning before Kitsu joined? Because he joined in 2008 and he wants it gone. The idea behind your and Sydney's suggestion is the idea of this poll is that if it reaches a certain
amount, the HK's will be removed. Trying to change the ruling is sort of unfair.
How the hell would I know? I joined in 2012 and I feel like it has meaning. So don't you think Kitsu may be stubborn, close minded, or just outright biased?

And no, it's more unfair that no one is giving them a chance and just trying to chop off their heads as soon as possible.
The point of the analogy is to point out the absurdity of the situation. HKs are an inherently flawed concept, so any of these attempt to reform them are moot.
Please inform me how the concept is flawed?

Not without question. People are voting on it. You are blowing this whole thing way out of proportion.

This doesn't make any sense. How is years of discussion and polls and constant attempts at reform "removing it without question"?

Because saying things like "I think we should just delete the HK and HN usergroups and be done with it." and "We should just delete the HKs right now." is not without question.

Jamie

Pancake, stop. You are literally insulting everyone who is voting against the movement by saying they are stubborn, close minded, biased, etc. Just stop, it's wasting my time and many others by having to deal with your belittlement.

Fig

The Altruist
Did it have meaning before Kitsu joined? Because he joined in 2008 and he wants it gone. The idea behind your and Sydney's suggestion is the idea of this poll is that if it reaches a certain amount, the HK's will be removed. Trying to change the ruling is sort of unfair.

Now what I am going to say is not concrete, but I believe I heard something to the lines that Kitsu was once a Hylian Knight/Noble before and was revoked of that/those ranks later on. Again, I want to clarify that I have no proof no evidence if that was indeed the case. All I know was that was thrown somewhere during discussion in the [old] chatbox. If I offended anyone, please forgive as I simply don't know much about ZD's past.

How the hell would I know? I joined in 2012 and I feel like it has meaning. So don't you think Kitsu may be stubborn, close minded, or just outright biased?

And no, it's more unfair that no one is giving them a chance and just trying to chop off their heads as soon as possible.

Please inform me how the concept is flawed?

The concept behind HK is more or less to be a "role model" group. Well, this is flawed because it essentially sets up a situation in which you have an exclusive group voting on who your role models are. Yes, you obviously don't have to have the predefined HKs as role models, but the concept itself is stupid. It essentially turns the idea of role models and having members you look up to into a bureaucracy. It's a concept that runs contrary to what it's trying to achieve. That always has been the problem, and always will. The HK rank is a manifestation of contradictory ideas and cannot exist because it cancels itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom