• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Four Sword is Cursed?

P

peckingbird

Please not that this post may contain spoilers, and I don't like using spoiler tabs
Ok so it's we know that minish cap's story predates four swords and four swords adventures as it tells the story of the recreation of the four sword. (I think it's also stated somewhere by some Nintendo official) So my question is, why does what's meant to be the same sword have different effects (or affects I never get them right) on the wielder?
I mean in minish cap the sword could only split you when you stood on pads, (maybe this was simply to make gameplay easier, I don't know) but in the four sword series the sword forces you to be 'shattered' into being four.
Now I have 3 ideas as to why this could be (please post any ideas you have about it), the first being that Nintendo didn't think of using pads originally and wanted to get the group/team work feel of the four swords series across. The second being that maybe awhile being sealed vaati curse the sword so that it would 'shatter' it's wielder. And the third is that the swords internal strength got stronger in the time gap between minish cap and four swords... I personally think the first one is most likely...
What do you think about the differences of the sword, what do you think is the reason?​

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I think it was something to do with Vaati, but I haven't played it in a few years so I don't remember the game well at all.

nice question there

of course its made for gameplay, but I am sure we are searching for something more story wise

for a fast answer, it can be vaati, thinking a little more, I am not sure to say the true, I hope to see some ideas

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
FS was centered around the multiplayer gaming aspect, so I'd say then it was just for the gameplay. FSA was also built around the multiplayer aspect, and even if you could only play the single player mode, I think Nintendo wanted the player to get a better sense of who Link really is.

I really can't say the Four Sword is cursed, although FS did say something along the lines of "whoever held the sword would be split into four, and the four who are one will fight evil". So, it may have gained power, or the Zelda of TMC may have imbued some part of the Light Force into the sword. We can't say for sure, and the Four Sword hasn't even been mentioned for a long time...

Song of Storms

Blow Curses Away
in the minish cap the four sword is really the picori blade.when the picori blade broke,they had to reforge it by using the four elements.when infused with the four elements it became the four sword they should be completely different in compositions right???????
THAts my theory

let nintendo answer this question!

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
JuiceJ: Do you mean no evidence that its the same sword or that Minish Cap came before FS/FSA? Because on the latter subject the intro to the games pretty much tell you their order (MC -- Vaati begins his reign of evil, FS, he breaks out, FSA, he's broken out by a separate force). I think some Anouma interviews back that as well.

Gameplay or no gameplay I like how PineCove has explained it. Probably in part to weaken the seal and in part to punish or bring misfortune to the next sword wielder, he no doubt used his sorcery to mess with the blade. After all its not like he had no influence outside of his seal, if the start to both FS and FSA show us anything.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
JuiceJ: Do you mean no evidence that its the same sword or that Minish Cap came before FS/FSA? Because on the latter subject the intro to the games pretty much tell you their order (MC -- Vaati begins his reign of evil, FS, he breaks out, FSA, he's broken out by a separate force). I think some Anouma interviews back that as well.

Gameplay or no gameplay I like how PineCove has explained it. Probably in part to weaken the seal and in part to punish or bring misfortune to the next sword wielder, he no doubt used his sorcery to mess with the blade. After all its not like he had no influence outside of his seal, if the start to both FS and FSA show us anything.

No, that was just that Vaati grew stronger over time and broke the seal that was keeping him contained. Like Ganondorf in The Wind Waker.

And I meant there was no presented evidence for a "curse" of the Four Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom