• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The Fairy Ocarina

Caeda

Keyblade Master
Have you ever thought of why the Fairy Ocarina just dissapers in the game after you get the Ocarina of Time? And please don't say that it was to make room for the oot.

The reason I'm bringing it up is because I was reading the manga and it shows that Ganondorf stole it because he thought it was the actual oot. Do you think it applies to the game or not?

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
In the game, I honestly just think it was to make room for the Ocarina of Time. It would be pointless to have both. If Ganon really stole the Fairy Ocarina in the game, I think it would show it.

Yeah, It's just kinda like when you get the longshot, It's an upgraded version of the Hookshot so why keep the hookshot? No point having both :/

Well, the Manga can be different from a game or show. Keep that in mind.
I say, that Link still has the Fairy Ocarina, even though it doesn't show on the select list. But my better guess is that Adult Link can't use that tiny Ocarina so he just get rid's of it because the Ocarina of Time is a perfect fit for both, Young Link, and Adult Link. And, like you don't want to read, he just wanted to make room for other item's.

think of it this way, if i got a new gameboy advance SP, what would be the point of keeping around my old gameboy advance?
EXACTLY.

this also applies to link and the ocarinas. why keep the old one if you NEED the new one and it does more?

Djinn

and Tonic
This happens a few ties in the story, and we only really think about it when the item that disappears was important story wise to another character. Like Saria's fairy ocarina, or the sword WW Link receives from Orca as a gift. Then we question Link casually tossing away the item that meant something to that character in favor of a more magical version found in a dungeon.

this also applies to link and the ocarinas. why keep the old one if you NEED the new one and it does more?

Well it was a precious gift from Saria before Link had to leave his home.

Ganondorf picking it up is a decent storytelling way of having Link replace the ocarinas without people questioning why Link would instantly forget the gift from Saria. Ganondorf obviously knew what was needed to open the door of time. Another way to explain it is that Link somehow broke it when he was shot by Ganondorf's magical attack in front of the castle gate. Since that was the point which he no longer had it.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
Well it was kind of stupid how the fairy ocarina just disappeared in the game, so they came up with an excuse in the manga, but there is no real reason other that to make room for the OoT.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The reason I'm bringing it up is because I was reading the manga and it shows that Ganondorf stole it because he thought it was the actual oot. Do you think it applies to the game or not?

The manga doesn't really make a whole lot of sense though. In the game, since Link has the Fairy ocarina all the way up to the point he gets the OoT, the only time Ganondorf would have had the opportunity to steal it from him prior to invading the Sacred Realm (when he wouldn't even need the OoT anymore) was outside the castle when Impa & Zelda were fleeing from him. However, Link at that point also had the 3 spiritual stones, so Ganondorf likely would've stolen those as well.

squadala

I don't like you either
Link had to leave the fairy ocarina to make room for the Ocarina of Time. It totally replaces it and even Saria says that it sounds different, but she seems to understand why it was required for Link to leave her gift because she knows he has a greater purpose.

Anyways, that just me rambling.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
In my opinion, if the item (like Fairy Ocarina) is replaced by a newer one (like Ocarina of Time), but not upgraded from the older one (like Normal/Big/Giant Bomb Bag), the old item is still in Link's possesion, but is not visible on the Item Screen, becuase Link no longer uses it. In the early Majora's Mask screenshots, Fairy Ocarina can be seen. Maybe when Link gave the Ocarina of Time back to Zelda and returned to the past, he was supposed to use his previous ocarina in the sequel? Unfortunately, in the final version of Majora's Mask, Young Zelda gave Ocarina of Time again to Link.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well, there is no other reason than to make room for the OoT. The manga just made up a reasonable excuse so it didn't sound totally stupid. It's just one of those "it's just a video game" things.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
think of it this way, if i got a new gameboy advance SP, what would be the point of keeping around my old gameboy advance?

Actually. That's exactly what I did. And I'm glad I did because my new SP didn't work with Four Swords Adventures but the Gameboy Advance did.

EXACTLY.

Actually. That's exactly what I did. And I'm glad I did because my new SP didn't work with Four Swords Adventures but the Gameboy Advance did.

EXACTLY.

G

Gaspra

haha forgive me, but I just get this image of Saria finding Link's Ocarina on the shore of a river somewhere in the Lost Woods and flipping out. So then to get back at him she pretends she's trapped in the forest temple and calls up her friends the Poe Sisters to unleash her wrath on him. But seriously, I would think Link kept it, it's a gift after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom