• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Divinity: The Seven Holy Gems RP

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
((Gah, sorry, I was at band camp for the past several days, and that stuff is exhausting. Forgot to let you guys know that I'd be gone this time. Excuse me for a bit as I type up my next entry.))

Frank Johnson knelt on the ground, hacking his lungs out. Despite the searing pain in his respiratory system, the sight of his wife and daughter being safe caused him to smile. A strange feeling swelled up in his throat. Before he knew it, blood was pouring out of his mouth.

Laura watched in horror as the color of her husband's rosy red cheeks faded as blood flowed from his mouth. "FRANK!!" she screamed, scrambling forward as her husband's eyes slowly fell shut.

Mary Johnson was too young to fully understand what was going on. "Daddy?" she said, puzzled, waddling forward.

(Yeah, let's face it; You guys were kind of slow to do anything, so I suppose Frank Johnson must die.))

Last edited:
((Is it our fault that we were at a loss for what to do? I don't even know if you've allowed Kirinen to succeed in stopping the flames or what. I'm completely lost here.

I'm genuinely sorry if that sounded too dominant or rude, but I'm under a lot of stress right now and not exactly cheerful. Normally, I'd be thrilled that someone is dying. Let it show as a mark of my dark mood that I don't find this amusing.

Can you at least tell me if Kirinen put out the fire or not?))

Lord Carlisle

((You wrote it, so it is so. I'm very lenient with what you guys do with your characters. Just don't do anything that moves the plot in an entirely different direction.))

((You wrote it, so it is so. I'm very lenient with what you guys do with your characters. Just don't do anything that moves the plot in an entirely different direction.))

((Ffffffff... I wrote it specifically so that it only implied that the flames were put out. But I guess if that's what you say, it works.))

Slowly, her body shaking slightly with exertion, Kirinen stood. She said not a word for a long moment--her body was still smoking, as was the house she was within.

But the fire was gone.

Uncertainly, she walked outside, her footsteps slow and careful, as if the ground was unfamiliar. She saw the man's body, and the blood next to him as if it had come from his mouth, and the group of heroes there.

Legendary prophecies--ha. Some heroes they were.

She hung her head, not saying a word. She had just proved to all of Hugalle that she was a pyromancer. She'd just shown that she was unhinged, uncontrollable, deadly. She'd just confirmed the rumors that had circulated the capital for years. Anyone in their right mind would kill her now.

She knew this, and she didn't move a muscle.

((... >> this is the best I can do))

Lord Carlisle

((That was great, you really have a knack for writing. Not sure how to make Hugalle react. I gotta go for the day, but expect Kirinen to be burned at the stake.))

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((Wut. OK then. And I'm still not good at replying here. Dagger doesn't like you, Carlisle. At all. And it's making it REALLY hard to post in here IC. Sorry.))

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Thomas stood up. The flames that blazed so bright made him fall backwards, only for them to cease moments later. He dusted himself off and his eyes darted left and right, until he saw the other five of his companions. Thomas let a smile flash across his face, until he noticed the man dying. In horror, he watched as the man's face paled and he stopped moving. Perhaps Thomas could have helped--no, Thomas could have helped. But he chose not to. He risked dying himself if he chose too.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
Olivia's heart soared as the flames were extinguished and she saw everyone was out. It crashed when she realized that the man Lance had saved was...dying.

'No!!!' she thought, staring in horror. There was nothing she could do...the man had been in there too long. Dang it!

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Lance noticed his hands start to shake... which made him now notice a couple of scratches and bruises he had.

But that didn't matter. The man he saved was dying. Dying. All sorts of thoughts flew through Lance's head like, "is it my fault?" "what will become of the family?" "...can I even handle someone else dying on me?"

Lance wanted to scream and run away. He had just faced one of his fears, but he escaped it. But someone dying that he attempted to save... one could not just run away and forget about.

He muttered to himself, "Isn't there anything I can do to save him?" He kept his voice low, not knowing if he should speak louder so his "fellow heroes" could hear.

(insert Lance freak out here.)

((That was great, you really have a knack for writing. Not sure how to make Hugalle react. I gotta go for the day, but expect Kirinen to be burned at the stake.))

((*presses invisible like button* Thank you. And I look forward to Hugalle's panic and Kirinen's burning! ^^))

After a long silence, everyone tense and confused, Kirinen rose her head, just slightly. Her hair was singed on the edges, her body still smoked slightly, and without her coat, she should have been shivering slightly--the night was chill.

But she wasn't. She was warm--feverishly so. She felt sick to her stomach, unable to quite understand what was happening.

Without thinking about it, without any consideration, she started walking. No direction, no cares save putting distance between herself and that death, those deadened fires. Her eyes, which were an odd, pale brownish, somewhere between the sharp ice blue and the dimly glowing, fiery orange, were hollow and dead, almost glassy.

She just wanted to leave it all behind somehow.

She never asked to be a legend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom