• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going for cat with wings, but dragon with paws is also a valid interpretation.
Cool pic, very unique. I wonder how much profile pictures play into people's perceptions. For example, your picture is of a non-human character, so I've mentally assigned you a neutral tone. However, CL's picture is serious, so I'm more likely to take him seriously, despite his wild accusations.

Maybe I should get a bunch of pictures of the same character with different expressions for next game, depending on how I want people to take my advice.

Anyways, just rambling, ignore me.

Cool pic, very unique. I wonder how much profile pictures play into people's perceptions. For example, your picture is of a non-human character, so I've mentally assigned you a neutral tone. However, CL's picture is serious, so I'm more likely to take him seriously, despite his wild accusations.

Maybe I should get a bunch of pictures of the same character with different expressions for next game, depending on how I want people to take my advice.

Anyways, just rambling, ignore me.
I think it's cool. I have been known to assign first impression headvoices based off of profile pictures. Would you like me to switch to a humanoid picture? I have one I've been working on on and off.

I think it's cool. I have been known to assign first impression headvoices based off of profile pictures. Would you like me to switch to a humanoid picture? I have one I've been working on on and off.
Did you draw your picture? That is impressive.

You can swap if you want, but I'm used to Silverfish, the flying cat.

Did you draw your picture? That is impressive.

You can swap if you want, but I'm used to Silverfish, the flying cat.
Yeah, I like to draw all my pfps. The only place I don't is on my home forum because I've never had the energy to crank out a themed avatar every month. Which is kinda funny, but there you have it.

Day 7.png

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 2

Bugle Mailbag
DISCLAIMER: The below claims may or may not be true! The Daily Bugle can't vouch for any hearsay from its readers, though we appreciate your enthusiasm!

Scrier said:
Welcome back to Better Ask An Oracle, the new newspaper series where we try to discuss something every paper! Our topic this week is Star Wars: The Phantom Pain.

Star wars is a movie with an unusual premise. Every person, and many objects, are made of snap-together plastic pieces. This means that characters can be torn apart if enough force is applied, similar to real life. Unlike real life, they may be reassembled and continue to act of their own volition.

Unfortunately, because characters are made of plastic, they are unable to speak. They must convey the plot through gestures and indistinct noises. Despite this minor hurdle, the writers are able to tell the story quite well. Characters are shown to be quite creative at expressing their plans to one another, making use of wide movements and visual aids.

There are some minor plot holes here and there, but these can be overlooked as you are drawn into the story. The film ended on a tragic note, and I can't help but feel as though more was planned for this installment. In fact, the story as a whole seems to be setting up characters for a larger plot, and I am left to question the decision to end on such a discordant note.

Despite this, I am looking forward to more installments in this franchise.

Star wars is set in a futuristic civilization, which has the technology needed for space travel and robots. These are made from plastic pieces, as are most things, which suggests that the science in this world is simpler than our own.

We begin the story following Old Cape and Young Cape, who are attacked and presumed to be slain by their old rival, Manfish. Satisfied with a job well done, Manfish returns to his planet to prepare for war against the rest of the cape clan. However, his second-in-command, Red Skull, has other plans. Having taken control of Manfish's robot forces, Red Skull attempts to perform vehicular manslaughter on Manfish. The Cape Brothers rescue Manfish from this assassination attempt, and enraged, he gives up his grudge against them to temporarily join forces.

Manfish returns to his home, only to find that it has already been occupied by robots. Upon fighting them off, the trio attempts to regain control of the robots, but find that a crucial transmitter has been broken. Undaunted, they pack the broken transmitter aboard a spaceship and fly to the nearby desert planet for repairs.

Upon arrival, Manfish demands a new transmitter, and offers a job and a kingly sum to the first person to bring them one. The deliverymen take this in the fair spirit it is meant in, and organize a race to see who is worthy of the reward offered. After a quick space race, Goggles, a highly capable midget, is first to arrive with the transmitter and is immediately hired to work as their pilot.

The crew return to Manfish's planet, only to find that, without constant supervision, the robots have become self-governed, and no longer listen to Manfish's commands. Manfish swears genocide upon the robots, and orders his remaining forces to exterminate them. Unable to stop Manfish's madness, the Cape Brothers attempt to recover Red Skull, who may be able to speak reason to Manfish.

However, Red Skull is not easily swayed by their reasoning. Acting rashly, Young Cape separates and scatters Red Skull's pieces to space, rendering him unable to be repaired. Old Cape collapses from exhaustion and guilt, and Manfish is left unchallenged as he destroys the rest of the robotic forces. His remaining troops celebrate his victory and his subsequent alliance with Young Cape.

Perhaps I was not meant to empathize with the robots in this film, but it is difficult when they can be seen cracking jokes with their robot friends and speaking affirmatively to one another. Yes, the robots in this movie are the only characters to speak! Because I liked the robots, I was disappointed to see them exterminated by Manfish. I hope some robots survived for a sequel, because Manfish is a tyrant and needs to be taught a lesson on friendship.

The Cape Brothers are a fine duo. Young cape is clearly the more inexperienced of the two, both in negotiation and in battle. In this installment, his aggression gets the better of him, as he kills Red Skull, their only hope for peace. I hope Old Cape makes a comeback in the next installment, as Young Cape clearly needs his guidance.

I don't understand why Goggles' side plot was important, as he doesn't do much after winning a job. Again, this feels more like an intro to a story, where characters are introduced, than a full story.

Diatribes aside, this was a fine movie, and I would recommend it, even if only for the interesting premise.

This has been Scrier, from Better Ask An Oracle. Please send me suggestions of what you want me to discuss next time, and they will be given their due consideration.
Dear Scrier,

Better than the actual movie, thank you.

-Ed.

Kaine said:
I know this is late, but here is my letter to the editor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Dear Kaine,

Ok.

-Ed.

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 3

Editor's Note

Dear Readers,

I'm on vacation this weekend, sorry if the paper's a bit light as a result. Enjoy your weekends!

Thanks for reading,

Robbie Robertson
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE DAILY BUGLE
Contact Us

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 5
Puppy Corner

Puppy7.jpg

After consulting with our staff and psychological professionals, we've decided that puppies were an appropriate means of helping people process this mafia game in a healthy way.

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 8

Daily Funny

Calvin7.png

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 9

Obituaries
It's been a rough week, with so far 9 dead in 6 days (and there's still a little time left for more). The Bugle would like to extend our condolences to the families.
  1. Doc was Town Aligned Doctor Seward Trainer; he was killed Day 1 by Gaunt
  2. Poyzin was Killed Night 1 as Mafia Aligned Spider-Carnage; but he was resurrected by Traveller Day 4, only to be Lynched hours later!
  3. Duskyblue was Spider Aligned Peter Parker; he was killed Night 4 by Gaunt
  4. Asfinyti died unceremoniously Night 4, leaving nary even a body behind; he was a Self Aligned clone of Spider-Man
  5. Ragnarokio was Lynched Day 5 as Town Aligned Doctor Octopus; the player has returned to the Active pool, but the role stays dead!
  6. Morbid Minish was Town Aligned Gwen Stacy; she was killed Night 5 by The Other!
  7. The Sun Fan died unceremoniously Night 5, leaving nary even a body behind; he was a Self Aligned clone of Spider-Man
  8. funnier6 was Traveller Aligned Judas Traveller; he was killed Day 6 by The Other!
  9. Ragnarokio was again Killed on Day 6 as Mafia Aligned Lady Octopus by The Other! Again she returns to the Active pool, for the final time, with one of the two roles she has had before.
  10. ExLight was Town Aligned Curt Connors; he was killed Day 6 by The Other!
  11. Mellow Ezlo was Town Aligned Mary-Jane Watson-Parker; they were ModKilled for inactivity at the end of Night 6
  12. And of course... Our very own, Betty Brant-Leeds. We will catch her killer, I promise you that.

Do y'all remember when it was Day 2 or 3 and people were hypothesizing that this game might be already almost over?

Hah. Good times.

Those of you still standing better work hard. Your dead teammates are counting on you to carry the torch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom