• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
its a lot of information for anyone to keep track of

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
you're doing a better job than a lot of players are/were

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I was killed or exiled, will be killed at the end of the day (goblin bombs), roleblocked, weakened, and protected last night.

The future kill attempt is by the green goblin.

The protection was by silver.

Ragnarokio

the voice of the people won't die so easily

By the way, welcome back, @Aaarrrgh! What does the web of spider-man do?

Not a lot, honestly. My strongest ability was the whole "return from exile or death" thing, which is gone now that MJ is dead. Other than that, I can randomize someone's night targets, and then I have some minor utility stuff which I would rather not claim at this point. Oh, and the spider suit, of course.

What up, ya goons?

As of the end of night Traveler's Illusions are Gone, and so is Daredevil.

I'm bloody Moon Knight now!

STL097587

Now, those who saw my old and busted Role PM might be thinking, "The heck? This wasn't part of any of Tevish's abilities!"

And you're right. I had a similar reaction to getting my spiffy new role PM, and was able to get some non-spoiler answers about that. It seems that this was connected to Traveler, not to me -- a role was randomly selected at the start of the game to be revealed as Moon Knight once Traveler's existence was no longer suppressing Moon Knight. The only restriction was that it couldn't be the True Spider-Man or "A couple of other critical roles". Based on Zinger's reaction to the modkill, I'm thinking MJ was probably one of those others. No idea who else could or couldn't be Moon Knight.

But it's me. And you might ask yourself, what does being Moon Knight entail?

Well, there are a few critical features. First of all, I have a new motivation: I need to punch Dracula because he owes me money (memes much, Zinger?). If I do, I get no mechanical reward but feel better about myself. Personally, I have a suspicion that there is, in fact, no way for me to punch Dracula and this is just a dummy motivation that would be used to overwrite any motivation I might have had. The only thing I inherited from my previous identity is Items, so I still have that sweet Billy Club.

Second, I'm Self-Aligned. My win condition is to select any other alignment (I choose on receipt of the Moon Knight role, which happened before the day start post) and to gain their Win Condition. If I choose an alignment that isn't real, I can't win. I have a one-shot ability to re-choose what alignment I'm taking on the win-con of... which is bloody important because I picked Spider the first time around. The Spider win-con is to survive to the end of the game having correctly guessed whether or not you are a clone, and I thought "That'll be easy! I know I'm no clone!". Well, Mary-Jane has to be alive if you're a Spider who correctly guesses non-clone and that ship sailed at the start of the day. Zinger is laughing at me. But, of course, I still have my one-shot hot-swap. I can join Team Green, Red, or Purple (or any other, but I can't think of any I'd want to) basically at will.

But I won't just yet, because of my best ability. I get a day ability to ask the mod what outcome of the day is best for each publicly known alignment. If I monitored this for a couple days, I could probably secretly swap myself to the wincon of whatever alignment was getting their ideal outcomes. Instead, I think it's more fun if I post the objectives and see just what everyone is willing to do with it. Who compromises with whom?

And I'm making my claim now because I've got my first round of results. Are you ready, kids! My imaginary god says the following!

Town benefits most from SMS getting dead.
Mafia benefits most from PK getting dead.
Goblin benefits most from Silver getting dead.
Traveller can't win. Bummer.
Spiders just need to avoid dying themselves.

I wasn't given any information on KoD's Scarlet alignment. Weird.

Anyway, you all have fun with that, kids!

Tevish why didn't you just role scarlet originally? We have the coolest suits. You can't deny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom