• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duskyblue

Schiischaib
Simply put: even if Gold and Plain claim to have been 'confirmed' as real, they haven't done so through any actual game mechanism, so their claim is suspect when measured against a Spider-Man who verified themselves through a legitimate and confirmed mechanism of self-realization (both Exlight and I have second/third Tevish's claims).

We know via rumor mill that there are 4 methods of verifying yourself.
'The whimsical of delusions of my own fake Spider-Man brain' is certainly not one of those.
To be fair, it said one of the 4 could be faked.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
You really think telling everyone that they're clones, but that somehow they are safe from degradation or the Jackal's influence just because they lack "mechanical" proof? My Motivation simply required knowing beyond a reason of a doubt. You've just told all these people they are clones! They know beyond a reason of a doubt now, if they believe your lies.
players affected by the degradation are probably notified of it
and so far the only other ones only wanted it to increase their threshold

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I do not know for a fact what happens to fully self-confirmed clones, but the implications from what I HAVE been told are ominous.

I am fully willing to die to provide my death flip. I'd rather not do so Today, since I can still Track+Cop folks and find if any of my unfortunate former trackers have become threats to the town, but if that's what it takes then so be it.
I'm inclined to trust you and Blue here based on the evidence we have. Apparently nunerous people can collaborate that you are Daredevil from being able to see your role PM by targeting you or whatever. So yeah, your death would not be beneficial.

The Jackal

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Boys, boys, BOYS!

I just hate to see you all fighting like this. There's no reason we all can't get along, like one big happy clone family. After all, we're all clones here! I've had the real Spider-Man on ice since 5 years ago when I cloned him in the first place.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
The Role PM is not fakeable unless the host chose to fake it. I'm not sure if I can say more.

This is shady. According to the role printed in the Bugle, a clone cannot win without first determining that. My own role also is phrased in a way that I cannot win without achieving the motivation. If all the other spidermen exile without achieving their motivation, then they presumably cannot win.
I had a win condition based on my own my belief about my identity. (If you think you're fake, It was probably consistent with being exiled, but I'd have to check with Zinger to be sure.)

You've just told all these people they are clones! They know beyond a reason of a doubt now, if they believe your lies.
That's not how formal logic works. Or else I could claim that I've won the game, believe it really hard, and then actually do so. But...

*believes*

...Nope. Doesn't work.

So many spidermen.
You really think telling everyone that they're clones, but that somehow they are safe from degradation or the Jackal's influence just because they lack "mechanical" proof? My Motivation simply required knowing beyond a reason of a doubt. You've just told all these people they are clones! They know beyond a reason of a doubt now, if they believe your lies.
Dude. Come on now. Like purple said, there's literally no way of knowing who would get what effects, hence the urging to stay put. I like ex's theory that you're using a stolen costume, in all honesty. It's that or you're one of the various scum clones, so, I'll take my chances trusting elsewhere.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Boys, boys, BOYS!

I just hate to see you all fighting like this. There's no reason we all can't get along, like one big happy clone family. After all, we're all clones here! I've had the real Spider-Man on ice since 5 years ago when I cloned him in the first place.
The Jackal has a point, there's no need for you 'other Spider-Men to be arguing.

Well well well. This is getting interesting now. Four spiders, no sign of red spider or green spider yet, and a new jackal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom