• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
am I talking to walls

the fact minish had already tried to tell us who one of the mafia was waaaay before SMS got outed shows he was at least partially willing to cooperate with town
We don't know how Minish got that information, ergo we cannot fairly draw that conclusion.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don’t and I already explained why
Minish had already asked us to vote Poy which implies SMS had already told her the scum team. That shows he was willing to cooperate from the very beginning. If one had put two and two together we could’ve gone after Poy instead, we chose Lunch because we wanted.

Unless you have any evidence that SMS knows their roles in details, you’re being way more opportunistic than me into jumping in half baked theories to find a narrative that isn’t what’s been happening
I'm not being opportunistic, I am simply not just blatantly ignoring what PK and other people have been saying and arguing that there aren't possibly multiple different truths going on here.

I jumped the gun on trusting PK, I'll say that. But I don't think it's right to blindly trust either him or SMS, or by extension Minish.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
We've got a lot of neat info that'll be in our next paper.

Please don't lynch sms before we can reveal what we've learned about him. I could spoil it now, but that's less fun.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
even if that’s true I don’t think SMS can do that while playing in his townie state though

we can prolly still disrupt and kill him if something indicating he’s anti-town even happens

this seems insanely risky to me. Its obvious SMS is lying or hiding a lot about how his role works, so i don't know why you'd trust him to be harmless like this. Its entirely feasible that by the time "anything indicates he is anti-town" it will already be too late and we'll be screwed.

we chose Lunch because we wanted.

we lynched lunch because SMS outed him. he could have outed poy or PK instead but decided to choose lunch. I'm pretty sure there was a reason he chose lunch over the other two. Minish could have pushed much much harder on poy if she actually wanted him lynched. She could have just come out and implied she had mechanical reasons for thinking poy was scum. What minish did easily could have been distancing, or it could have been her trying to sabotage the mafia without SMS noticing. They aren't necessarily a single faction. There are so many moving pieces behind the scenes that its trivial to imagine a reason why minish might want poy lynched. Minish herself is being extremely silent about her role, either because she thinks it will be of advantage to her or because there are game reasons why she's unable to claim more than she has.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
We don't know how Minish got that information, ergo we cannot fairly draw that conclusion.
You are also making a whole battery of assumptions regarding both how/why SMS would even share the information he did (note, for instance, that he has allegedly told different parties different things) as well as Minish's motivations.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
trusting the outed mafia after both poy and CL flipped mafia is just straight up baffling

I'd like to think I'm capable of determining whether or not someone is lying to some extent. The details PK provided us with mesh with my understanding of how zinger designs games. I'm not too familiar with PK as a player but most people would not be able to make a fakeclaim that elaborate and that quickly, while also making the details as convincing as he had. Especially not while being as unfamiliar with zinger as PK presumably is.

Duskyblue

Schiischaib
We've got a lot of neat info that'll be in our next paper.

Please don't lynch sms before we can reveal what we've learned about him. I could spoil it now, but that's less fun.
Can you say how many submissions you got and how many you are allowed to print? Does your team vote on it?

Skystone

I, Chocobo
trusting the outed mafia after both poy and CL flipped mafia is just straight up baffling
Or trust the guy allegedly controlling the mafia chat after he 'leaked' us information that effectively did nothing?

You have no basis to assume why CL got resurrected. In particular, it is unwarranted to presuppose SMS had nothing to do with it when we have some reason to believe that he actually, factually can resurrect the dead. The outcomes are identical, so until we can distinguish the actual causes, we can't just randomly defenestrate one entire set of facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom