• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Bully

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think the rival you are referring to has already been shown as he opposes link in the flight game play demo and the ''Rauru'' guy seems to know that he often uses foul play
below is a picture of the guy I'm on about. I have put a nice red arrow to point him out.
links rival.jpg

You mean Redhead Bully Kid (my name for him)? He attends the Knight Academy(?) with Link, so he, too, is likely in training to be a knight, I'd wager. In the Bird Riding (flight demo), we see he and another kid (Short jerk) poke fun at Link in what appears to be a bout of jealousy, insulting Link's seemingly superb flight skills. [video=youtube;Tfqa7vTfAAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfqa7vTfAAE[/video]

Wow! :lol: Bully kid's a jerk, right? He says, "Hey, don't you know this is my day to get all the glory?" After that, he swoops in to attack Link, then, "Yeah, you heard him! Let's see you fly so good with egg in your face!", says his lackey (Short jerk).

Redhead Bully kid appears to only be an in-school bully, not necessarily a rival in this context, since you'd think his birdriding aptitude would be on par with Link's, which the clip in the flight demo kinda contradicts. Well, it's just a demo, so we'll likely see more in the actual game. Then we can make our judgements about this "rival" in question...

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this in an earlier topic, called "The Bully".

I believe this character will be sort of Flash Thompson-esque character, meaning he starts off rude and disrespectful to Link, but by the end he comes to see he was wrong about him.

N

Noriku

Did nintendo say Ganondorf wouldn't be in the game or Ganon wouldn't be in the game? If they just said Ganondorf it could be possible that Ganon will take over the bully's body and use him for evil.

If I had to guess his rival will be similar to the way Mido was portrayed.

I totally wouldn't be surprised if his name is Mido. :yes:

Example (below): All characters named Fado from different games in the Zelda chronology. (note: Technically speaking, the second one below is called "Fudo" in the original Japanese version.)
Fadooot.png
200px-Fado.png
100px-TP_Fado.png

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I hope this rival goes to Ghirahim's side and we get to defeat him. I'm tired of the "I'm a school bully who sees the errors of my ways" archtype, it's just so...boring. That would make the story a lot more personal and could flesh out any sidequests the game might entail. So far we know the guy will appear at intervals in the story, so why not make him fight Link, maybe even to win Zelda's hand? xD

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I hope this rival goes to Ghirahim's side and we get to defeat him. I'm tired of the "I'm a school bully who sees the errors of my ways" archtype, it's just so...boring. That would make the story a lot more personal and could flesh out any sidequests the game might entail. So far we know the guy will appear at intervals in the story, so why not make him fight Link, maybe even to win Zelda's hand? xD

What? Dude, I'm sure Ghirahim wouldn't accept some random outsider.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That's why the rival wouldn't be a random outsider! You know how Twinrova purposefully used -Mystery Lady for OoT spoilers- to stall Link or something? It could be in that vein, Ghirahim doesn't really care about the guy but he could still be useful to whatever it is the villain really wants.

I disagree with that. Unless it was like, say, Sentinel Prime from Transformers Animated, who, despite never getting punished for his actions, doesn't get what he wants in the end and is left looking rather jealous the actual good guy won the day.

That's why the rival wouldn't be a random outsider! You know how Twinrova purposefully used -Mystery Lady for OoT spoilers- to stall Link or something? It could be in that vein, Ghirahim doesn't really care about the guy but he could still be useful to whatever it is the villain really wants.
As cliche as it sounds, I do see where you're going with this. Redhead Bully looks like the perfect pawn for the villian, as his mind - given the context - would appear to be easily exploitable for the villain's purpose. :yes: Not to say it will happen in the Skyward Sword, but just to say that I see your point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom