• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Box Art...

But... why wouldn't they have the full symbol? o_O
I know it is illegal to sell anything containing anything resembling a swastika in Germany, but what we see of that symbol doesn't look like a swastika. Anybody know of any other symbol which is banned in certain Europeian countries?

Or perhaps it's just too much of a spoiler to show the entire symbol...

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Hmm, I've known Nintendo to be pretty careful with symbols and other things that might point to a specific culture. For example, in Ocarina of Time, they changed the design on the Mirror Shield because it looked like a symbol from a religion.

So I'm pretty sure that Nintendo knows by now. What I'm wondering is why they removed it if it didn't have anything to do with a culture...

Hmm, I've known Nintendo to be pretty careful with symbols and other things that might point to a specific culture. For example, in Ocarina of Time, they changed the design on the Mirror Shield because it looked like a symbol from a religion.

So I'm pretty sure that Nintendo knows by now. What I'm wondering is why they removed it if it didn't have anything to do with a culture...

Anyways, perhaps they're going with the same packaging scheeme as with SMG2 (Europeian/Japanese release), with the picture shown being the cover of the cardboard box while the actual game-case within has the American-style cover-art with the symbol intact. The reason I have for this is that I have never seen a Wii cover with more than one disk, so they would not include the CD within the plastic chase. I have also never seen a first-party Wii cover with two lines of text on the back.

And yes, there is a planet missing on the cardboard cover of SMG2 (which is present on the plastic cover of the actual game).

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
So... they intentionally left the symbol out? X_X Then again, I wouldn't see how they could have accidentally left it out... But I don't see why they would leave it out on purpose, either... Just that one symbol, too... :\

imo the box art is amazing!!!! the background colour goes well with the rest of the newer zelda games which is good and I LOVE links pose, it's pretty epic. The artwork portal looking thing behind is cool looking too. overall its just great.

I also like the rumoured european box art. Its very colourful which is originally what i was hoping for. If that turns out to be the normal box art and the gold one the bundle that would be perfect.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
The complete box art bundle is for Europe looks awesome!!! Skyward-Sword-Europe-Bundle.jpg

I hope North America gets one similar to Europe's. Also, it would be SUPER epic if they threw in a Link figurine posing the same way as on the box.
EPIC DREAM IS EPIC.

Alas, it's my dreams.

So... they intentionally left the symbol out? X_X Then again, I wouldn't see how they could have accidentally left it out... But I don't see why they would leave it out on purpose, either... Just that one symbol, too... :\

Considering that they may have used the same symbol for the bundle and regular boxes, it would make more sense. On the bundle box, a symbol exactly there would really stick out.

Last edited:
Ohh, something new I noticed about the boxart! The North American version differs from the PAL version for some reason:

FotoFlexer2011-08-3015-46-22.png

I know that they scaled everything down so that they could fit the "Special Edition CD" down on the bottom, but why is that symbol missing?

Yeah, the omission of the symbol is likely an error or something of that nature. I personally like Locke's take on it. :yes:

I can think of a few religious symbols that it might slightly resemble, though. But that is irrelevant.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I don't know if this has been said, but Link's holding the Master Sword on the box-art. Whether or not this means something is beyond me...

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Well, the game is all about forging the Master Sword, so it definitely has some significance.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Considering that they may have used the same symbol for the bundle and regular boxes, it would make more sense. On the bundle box, a symbol exactly there would really stick out.

Ohh, right... Can't believe I didn't think about it before. o_o And what Locke said made sense too.

The Master Sword being on the front cover was to be expected since Skyward Sword deals with its creation. The first thing I noticed about it was that the golden diamond thing centered in its wings looked different its Twilight Princess counterpart, which was actually what I was thinking it would look like. But then again, every representation of the Master Sword is slightly different anyway.

Skyward-Sword-BoxjpgJPEGImage975x1368pixels2011-08-3115-24-49.png
928519_20060509_screen001jpgJPEGImage1024x894pixels2011-08-3115-25-57.png
Master_Sword_The_Wind_Waker.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom