• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Best Song?

Austin

Austin
Almost every LoZ game had some sort of instrument or music implement. With OoT, MM, you had the Ocarina. In WW, you had the Wind Waker. In Twilight Princess you the howling stones. You got the Spirit Flute in Spirit Tracks. Each game had a list of songs Link could play and consequences.

Now, I bet most people will say the Song of Time, because it's used for so much. Traveling in time, moving blue blocks, etc. However, I don't say its the best song. In my opinion, I would say the Song of Healing. The Song of Time was nice and helped, but not as much as the Song of Healing.

In Majora's Mask Link was able to save people with it including himself. Darmani already dead, unable to move on. When Link played the song of healing, it allowed him to move on and rest in peace. The third time he used it on Mikau, who was on the verge of death. Feeling mass pain, not only physically be emotionally. The Song of Healing allowed his passing to be more peaceful.

My favorite, is when Link heals the father in Ikana Valley. He was a single father, who had a little daughter. The song allowed them to be together and for him to continue being their for his daughter. It's also one of my most favorite cut scenes.

I'm curious to see what song do you think is best and why. If you're one to vote for the Song of Time, then why.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertDweller

Love Truth
I definitely agree with you on the Song of Healing being the best. I also (coincidentally) felt it most moving when used to heal Pamela's father in Ikana Village. :)

Also with Darmani the usage was sad and tragic.

Would Lokomo songs count? If so, I would say the Sacred Duet (the final duet played by Link and Zelda, for those who don't know). The Sacred Duet just sounded great to me and is supposed to be the most challenging song to play. The Sacred Duet was also needed to reveal Malladus's weak point on his back so then you can reveal the gem on his head after getting Zelda to hit him with a light arrow.

But if Lokomo songs don't count, I would have to say the Elegy of Emptiness. Its very catchy, and out of all the dungeon songs in Majora's Mask, it is the one used most. Plus, fighting Igos du Ikana for it was actually pretty fun. I also liked the statues, well, except for Link's statue; his creeped me out for some reason. All the other statues looked awesome.

Austin

Austin
Would Lokomo songs count? If so, I would say the Sacred Duet (the final duet played by Link and Zelda, for those who don't know). The Sacred Duet just sounded great to me and is supposed to be the most challenging song to play. The Sacred Duet was also needed to reveal Malladus's weak point on his back so then you can reveal the gem on his head after getting Zelda to hit him with a light arrow.

But if Lokomo songs don't count, I would have to say the Elegy of Emptiness. Its very catchy, and out of all the dungeon songs in Majora's Mask, it is the one used most. Plus, fighting Igos du Ikana for it was actually pretty fun. I also liked the statues, well, except for Link's statue; his creeped me out for some reason. All the other statues looked awesome.

I forgot about that game. I was trying to find the songs from either Oracles of LA, but I couldn't think of the names. Any song counts. I'll have to edit my post and mention that. I was just recently playing MM, and the Song of Healing was the first thing I thought.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
How about the recorder's song in the original Legend of Zelda? It could warp you to dungeons, revealed one dungeon entrance, and even helped you defeat one of the bosses. Not bad for a single song.

If I were to pick another song, the Oath to Order is pretty nifty and can be said to save the world. I do like your choice of the Song of Healing, though, because the concept of soothing a wounded spirit is so nice.

R

Ragdoll

Song of Storms in a way. It's so catchy and I often sing it when I'm outside.

But I have to admit, Song of Healing is the best of all songs. And I'm saying that, because that song saved so many lifes. I have just released the father of Pamela. It freaked me out when I saw him for the first time. I even were going to run away, but then.. mostly, Tatl turns yellow when you have to attack an enemy, but she didn't turn yellow, but blue.. That's why I used the Song of Healing. I don't know.. I had pity for pixel-people? O my gosh, I hope my brother haven't seen it.

Sorry for my english.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
The Sun's Song in OoT, it stuns undead, is super catchy, nets you the giant's knife in a couple minutes instead of an hour or so, fire arrows, easier gold skulltulas. Also I really like Sharp and Flat's, the Royal Composers' other work, the Song of Storms.

O

OceanaOfTime

Well, this is really tough. I'm scared to answer, because I know I can't think of them all at the moment. xD. Pretty much, they are all super important and without one, the game it exists in wouldn't be the same. I think my favorite song is the Bolero of Fire, in Ocarina of Time. Because, it's a beautiful song! Lol, and because of the whole story line with Sheik before you actually start the Fire Temple. I dunno, but, that's my favorite at the moment. :)

onebizarrekai

gay energy
If it's the most useful song to you, or just because of what it does, then I agree on the Song of Healing. Not only it's helpful but it sounds nice, too.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I will have to agree with Pocket Asian! Definately the Final duet from Spirit Tracks, such a lovely song! It's really nice and the scene is so cute with all the different instruments! The Spirit Flute sounds great!

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I haven't play yet ST so I can't really say something about the flute.
My favorite song would be Song of Storms, i like the idea behind it and I really love Guru Guru, I really like that in MM, when he tells he's story, he play the song in a different rhythm according to he's feelings.
in TP i didn't like the howling stones very much but I did liked is the part that wolf link and the wolf spirit howled together, I remember that I kinda howled with them (lol). I wasn't very familiar with the series and I didn't know that songs are involved with it so I thought that he just howl randomly, I didn't know that it suppose to be a song.

1. Bolero of Fire
2. Nocturne of Shadow
3. Requiem of Spirit
4. Serenade of Water
5. Final Duet or Song of Birds if they make a long version

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom