• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Best Opening

Best Zelda Opening

• LoZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AoL

• ALttP

• LA

• OoT (Or some version of it)

• MM

• OoS

• OoA

• WW

• MC

• FS

• FSA

• TP

• PH

• ST

• SS

• Total voters

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Sup Peeps, Random Person here.

Was bored yet again, so I started thinking of stuff and one of the things that popped in my head was the openings of the Zelda series and which ones are the best. So... which Zelda game(s) do you think has the best intro/opening/title screen and why? (Pretty much everything that appears before you press start).

Last edited:
LA, for nostalgic reasons.

I like the ones from OoT, TP, TWW, ST and AlttP. If SS had one it would probably be awesome too.

EDIT: First! :kirby:

Fig

The Altruist
In my personal opinion, I loved every single opening that The Legend of Zelda games have given me throughout the years that I started playing Zelda, which actually started since Ocarina of Time at 1998. This is why you see at least one vote for every single game in the Zelda series, because I just love them all! Zelda for the win! :xd: :3

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I really like Twilight Princess' opening. It really sets up a great mood for the game, what with Link and Epona running at Twilight (I c wat dey did dere ^^), and then Wolf Link howling at the Twilight barrier. And then it goes into what may be the most epic Legend of Zelda trailer ever! Overall, a great way to set the mood for a game, and one of the best ever!

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
Majora's Mask. The mask coming towards you and then back (Which would have been awesome in 3D, Operation Moonfall dammit), and the Happy Mask Salesman with his trademark laugh almost worshiping the mask. Creepy, but awesome.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Without a shadow of a doubt, Twilight Princess for me.

Maybe it's because this game is typically more story based, well this is what Nintendo actually set out to do and it showed I that the opening screen for sure. Now obviously title screen don't focus on story, I know that, but you just get sense of epicness that a true adventure awaits you. I think it's important that such an opening screen should actually set the tone for the game, let the player get a glimpse of what they're in for -- this scene does that down to a tee.

Seeing Link galloping around Hyrule field on Epona was slightly reminiscent of Ocarina of Time, which is up there with some of the best opening screens. So i guess that little piece of nostalgia was quite nice. I think it was just the backdrop behind Link and Epona though, Eldin's section of Hyrule Field was certainly the most picturesque in my opinion, it also gave you sense of the scope of the overworld itself -- setting the tone again. Then of course you have the sun setting -- typical twilight hour, which fits into the theme of the game. So all of this built up into when we see Link face to face with darkness of the Twilight Realm where he transforms into a Wolf, again this is another theme in the game.

Basically this opening screen set the tone for the game in my opinion, the setting, seeing the extent of the large world that is Hyrule, the calming music and all of this transitioning into a darker theme were Link transforms into his Wolf form. I would find myself time and time again watching this scene, in fact it just became accustom for me to do it before I got into the game, it's calm, epic and slightly dark too, just amazing.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
It's difficult to choose between Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask. The first parts of both do a sucessful job of portraying the atmosphere for what they want. However, I think my vote is ultimately going to go to TP because while the second half of MM's opening is decent, the second half of TP's opening add's so much more.

The first part is fantastic. First is Link riding his horse, which shows what the entire game of TP was trying to show... this is a continuation of OoT, a true sequel. Just like OoT, we get an incarnation of Link riding on a horse through Hyrule field. But then suddenly, we see Wolf Link facing twilight and howling which says that while the game may be a sequel to OoT, we are in for some surprises.

Next is the trailer which speaks for itself. This could've been a horrible thing as it could've completely spoiled the game, and while some may say that there are parts that were spoilers, I felt the trailer as a whole did what a trailer should and that's show exact parts of what the main adventure has to offer, but not to much. When I think about it I can't recall any other Zelda game that showed scenes of what would be in the game. (That trailer for SS probably should've been kept in the game.)

By doing a successful job of a traditional Zelda opening while also adding a great traditional trailer into the mix, I definitely feel Twilight Princess has the best opening.

Last edited:
I didn't need to think about it. First MM and then LA. Somewhere else I've noted my love for mm's intro so... LA does a great job of giving an entertaining preamble to the story that seems relevant. In contrast the oracles show the pre story but unless you read it, its "so uh this is cool I guess. Whats the triforse doing? Where's that horse in the game?"

If mm had the ability to sit down would you have gone to the places in the intro and imitated it?

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
A Link to the Past is my favorite for the music. I mean, JUST LISTEN TO IT.
*SKIP TO 3:03*
[video=youtube_share;AKYn4ACAd7s]http://youtu.be/AKYn4ACAd7s?t=3m3s[/video]

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Majora's Mask's opening. It started off all eerie with the mask coming towards you and then the calming music starts. Then the music gets eerier and eerier and then the moon.

I think it represents the atmosphere of the game perfectly.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time's opening is my favorite. The first thing you see is the moon giving way to the sun (dawn coming up). It's like the game was saying, "your adventures begin here," which is a fantastic way of kicking a new game off.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Though I have only played maybe 6 of the Zelda games, I'm going to have to say LA. The wonder of knowing where the heck that boy has been, and what's going to happen to him now that his ship has been torn asunder, is just mezmorizing! Plus I like how he washes ashore and a beautiful girl is there to aid him haha.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I find that TWW's opening gave me a really good demonstration of what kind of an adventure was to come, the boat, the sea, the cheerful music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom