• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Best Opening

Best Zelda Opening

• LoZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AoL

• ALttP

• LA

• OoT (Or some version of it)

• MM

• OoS

• OoA

• WW

• MC

• FS

• FSA

• TP

• PH

• ST

• SS

• Total voters

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Majora's Mask totally sets the tone of the game the best out of the entire series.

Beginning with the spinning mask and the happy mask salesman and then calm. A serene slowed down version (My favorite version) of Clocktown plays as it shows the town at dawn. Everything is quiet and the camera goes all around town showing the peaceful citizens and the simple lives they are content with. What could go wrong?
And then the creepy music begins and the camera goes up to the skull kid and the moon representing how unbeknownst to the citizens, their peaceful lives are about to be threatened with the end of the world.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
OoT, SS and MM for me, although my favourite of all of them is Majora's Mask because it's so trippy and creepy with Skull Kid's laugh and everything. I also think it's quite emotional losing Epona and watching Link get teased by Tatl and Tael when he's turned into a Scrub. Awwwww :(

xXNami-sanXx

Hey! Listen!
That was a tough choice for me - I love so many of them! My favourite openings are definitely from Oot, MM, WW, and TP. <3
I chose OoT based on nostalgia though.

I'll go with ALttP as well. That music gives me chills every time, and the back story it gives you on the Imprisoning War and how Link basically failed...epic. In a way it is like Star Wars and how the movies starts with its epic theme songs and its interesting back story. And again, ALttP is my first Zelda game too. I keep mentioning this in every single one of my posts, but nostalgia is a major factor for me when it comes to video games and movies, so every time I see that opener I can't help but goosebumps all over.

B

blink

I was about to vote ALttP because it's so cool and eery, but I chose WW. Really worked in getting me involved in the story, with the kidnapped sister and the farewell to grandma...

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TP, OoT, and WW all have incredible openings imo.

Twilight Princess had an opening that was in a word; epic. Despite all my misgivings that I have with the game, TP's opening was really something else. From the music to the presentation, TP nailed what it did. To this day I watch the whole intro each time I play TP, which isn't too often, but still. I really liked it. Especially the part where Wolf Link howls at the end, it was just awesome.

OoT I love because it makes me feel so nostalgic. It being the first Zelda game I played, I remember turning the game on for the first time and watching the intro and just thinking, "What is this?" Never having had experienced a game like Zelda prior, the intro took my breath away. I love the theme and it remains one of my favorites to this day.

Wind Waker had a really good opening as well, it's theme sorta set the tone of the game for me. Light hearted, sorta emotionally charged, a sea-faring air to it, the perfect theme for such a game if you ask me. Also Link standing on the Cliff face has always intrigued me for some reason or other. I don't know.

Ultimately I think Wind Waker is probably my favorite here, it just seemed to fit the best to it's game, TP was a close second though.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Okay, so I always thought that opening referred to the first few cutscenes of the game. Isn't a "title screen" the thing that everyone else is referring to?

By my definition, Skyward Sword definitely has the best opening. But as far as title screens go, I'd have to say Link's Awakening. I don't really know what it is about it, but I enjoy it. I like the artwork especially, and it's a nice prologue. Ocarina of Time is kind of enjoyable too, if for nothing other than the music. Or maybe Spirit Tracks and The Wind Waker for the same reason.

Like Fig said, though, I really like all the Zelda openings. They've all been really great, and the music's always excellent. I mean, I could say nice things about every single one of them, hahaha.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Okay, so I always thought that opening referred to the first few cutscenes of the game. Isn't a "title screen" the thing that everyone else is referring to?

Eh, some people call it "menu trailer"; I'm used to calling it such since I play a relative ton of Japanese games. Even so, my answer is mostly unchanged. I just want to get a couple of props to Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess for acutely displaying their main themes in the opening scrawl. :)

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Wind Waker! Just… look at it! Every time I see that opening it CALLS me to play that game. It's like, the most motivating theme in the history of Zelda. And it's bright and cheery. How can you not love that song?

Also, there's Spirit Tracks, the opening I watch almost every time I play the game. It's another song I really like, and often enough I find myself singing it.

Unless you're all referring to the first cutscene in the game. It's still Wind Waker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom