• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The AoL Backstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
The FS Saga can't possibly go on the AT. This is because Ganon/dorf dies in WW (or at least turns into a rock that is left to erode at the bottom of the Ocean). If you haven't played FSA, then I will let you know that Ganon/dorf is very alive in that game. This could be possible if the Gerudo were still alive, but I think that Ganon/dorf himself tells you near the end of the game that they were all gone.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The FS Saga can't possibly go on the AT. This is because Ganon/dorf dies in WW (or at least turns into a rock that is left to erode at the bottom of the Ocean). If you haven't played FSA, then I will let you know that Ganon/dorf is very alive in that game. This could be possible if the Gerudo were still alive, but I think that Ganon/dorf himself tells you near the end of the game that they were all gone.

Although this is a good statement, it was kind of pointless. Everyone has already agreed that FS is a direct prequel to FSA which we have agreed is a prequel to ALTTP which we all put on the CT. No need to argue what we already agree on.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
Sorry, I was responding to the end of Hayzer's post. He said something about PH connecting to FS, and I wanted to adress his mistake.

Sorry, I was responding to the end of Hayzer's post. He said something about PH connecting to FS, and I wanted to adress his mistake.

Ganondorf is sealed by the Master Sword in WW. If someone were to pull it, I have no doubts that he would come back to life. It's very possible he's not dead.

Also, I was just using that as an example. Unless we get a quote linking ST to any of the games that take place after TP, we can't really put them on the AT.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
First, I would like to state that there is no quotes or evidence that could back your theory up.

Second, if htat does turn out to be true, who is going to be able to pull it out. Good ol' Daphneas wished on the Triforce that Hyrule would be completely destroyed, and that a new Hyrule would be formed. Ganon/dorf was left in what was soon to be a nonexistant Hyrule. He is in the bottom of the Great Sea in a pile of Hylian ruble. I think that it is safe to say that no one will be reaching Ganon/dorf anytime soon.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
First, I would like to state that there is no quotes or evidence that could back your theory up.

Second, if htat does turn out to be true, who is going to be able to pull it out. Good ol' Daphneas wished on the Triforce that Hyrule would be completely destroyed, and that a new Hyrule would be formed. Ganon/dorf was left in what was soon to be a nonexistant Hyrule. He is in the bottom of the Great Sea in a pile of Hylian ruble. I think that it is safe to say that no one will be reaching Ganon/dorf anytime soon.

Where does it say that Daphneas wished for the old Hyrule to be destroyed and a new Hyrule to be formed? As I recall, they didn't want a new Hyrule at all. They wanted a new kingdom altogether. Also, I'm pretty sure he wished for hope or for Link and Zelda to fulfill their destinies or something like that.

I am not an AT placer, I am a CT placer, but I agree with Hayzer that it's very logical to think that if the Master Sword is somehow pulled from Ganondorf's head then he would probably come back to life. I think that Nintendo plans on doing something with that some day. If they really wanted to destroy Ganondorf, if they really wanted that to be his death, then they would have actually killed him, not turned him to stone. It was left way open for him to be revived from stone later on in the series.

I would also like to add that it would be kinda inconsistant if Ganondorf did not die at the end of WW. He had nothing to keep him alive. Now, if he had the ToP when he got stabbed, he probably woulda pulled the sword out and ate it or something. But the ToP left him before he was stabbed. And I mean, having your brain apparently severed in two and a sword shoved halfway through your body that already emits a power against your entire being, would kill you in my opinion.

Pulling the sword out wouldn't work right. He would have to be reincarnated, and virtually ANY theory can say "oh well Ganon was reincarnated or brought back to life" with no proof, and stick any game about anywhere. But we don't know if that will happen. So we can't use it right now.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I would also like to add that it would be kinda inconsistant if Ganondorf did not die at the end of WW. He had nothing to keep him alive. Now, if he had the ToP when he got stabbed, he probably woulda pulled the sword out and ate it or something. But the ToP left him before he was stabbed. And I mean, having your brain apparently severed in two and a sword shoved halfway through your body that already emits a power against your entire being, would kill you in my opinion.

Pulling the sword out wouldn't work right. He would have to be reincarnated, and virtually ANY theory can say "oh well Ganon was reincarnated or brought back to life" with no proof, and stick any game about anywhere. But we don't know if that will happen. So we can't use it right now.

If he was meant to just be killed, then why was he only turned to stone? If he didn't have the ToP (which we know he didn't) then how come he didn't merely just die like any Zelda Normal person would have? I feel like there may be more to it someday. Normally when people get stabbed in the head there is lots of blood. He turned to stone. They made it seem like he could, and probably would, come back.

Steve

5/19/13

That's where Four Swords Adventures comes to mind for others, that his body was destroyed, but his spirit lived on. Many believe that the Ganondorf introduced in FSA is a new one, but the spirit of Ganon is the same. So to answer that Clu, The Four Swords games can very much occur after The Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass. I still agree with Zemon that they wouldn't have Ganondorf turned to stone with the Master Sword lodged in his forehead, unless it was to signify that it would be removed at some point, and setting Ganondorf (or at least Ganon, the spirit) free.

Yes, I know. But you're not opening yourself up for possiblilty.

Anyway, this thread is about the AoL BS, not WW.

Btw...What more is there to discuss about the AoL BS anyway?

While it's very possible for those games to be on the AT (via Town Names in AoL), it's also possible for them to remain on the CT (via WW/PH and ST are the only games to be specified on that timeline). So unless we get a quote from Aonuma about ST bridging a gap between say PH and MC or FS or FSA, we won't know for sure.
Oh you mean like a quote that says that AoL happens after the events of OoT (which is mentioned in context with the towns of AoL being named after the sages. And 95% of the events in OoT happened on the AT)? The only other real notable storyline thing in these two games is the AoL BS. Which ONLY works on an AT placement.
Ganondorf is sealed by the Master Sword in WW. If someone were to pull it, I have no doubts that he would come back to life. It's very possible he's not dead.
He's dead according to Aonuma (I think it was Aonuma, anyway). I could find the quote if you want.
If they really wanted to destroy Ganondorf, if they really wanted that to be his death, then they would have actually killed him, not turned him to stone. It was left way open for him to be revived from stone later on in the series.
According to Aonuma he was killed. They just turned him to stone because they didn't want a bloody ending... or something like that. I'll find that quote in a little bit.
Btw...What more is there to discuss about the AoL BS anyway?
Well since Zemen won't respond to the AoL BS with anything but Red Herrings, Ad Hominem, and Strawmen, there's not much that CAN be discussed.

If you're opponent is too stubborn to debate anything, you can't really have a debate.

No one has posted anything to say that the AoL BS is irrelevant anymore except to say it's impossible. Which it isn't as it works on the AT. Saying it's impossible because you place it on the CT is circular logic.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I actually have responded to your posts. I didn't realize that all of my previous posts were invisible to you. I'll talk to Mases and see if something may be wrong with the forums.

Anyway, AoL wasn't made with any timeline in mind so saying that it has to be on the CT or AT is irrelevant. It has the names of the sages from the adult portion of OoT. So what? It's not like the creators knew that later on there would be a timeline and those town names would affect the timeline. The timeline wasn't made until after OoT. Chances are that none of that was on their minds when creating these games until after OoT. If I'm correct, the split wasn't confirmed until after WW was released which means that AoL was not only made with no timeline in mind, but OoT was made with no split timeline in mind. It's something they came up with after those games.

Seeing as how those 2 games are the ones that decide where AoL goes, it's logical to think that it can go on the CT for the sheer fact that both games were made with no split in mind. They weren't made to fit a timeline, they were made to please the fans.

And if you want a possible theory as to how it could fit on the CT and have those city names, Link knows the names of the sages that he helped. How do we know that those characters don't become sages regardless of Link going back in time? They still exist regardless of what time period Link is in that game. It's possible that they were recognized for helping Link.

As far as I know, no one ever said the towns in AoL are named after the sages in OoT. They could just be named after important people, and regardless of the sages in OoT becoming sages or not on the CT, they were very important in Link's quest, even important enough to be noted on the CT.

I actually have responded to your posts. I didn't realize that all of my previous posts were invisible to you. I'll talk to Mases and see if something may be wrong with the forums.
Really? Lemme quote everything you've said after you said: "Not only was that a condescending statement, it was very egotistical, as well.

Congratulations. You win. You figured out the mystery of the BS of AoL. I commend you on your success. Once again, congratulations. I hope you do well with the rest of your thread. I withdraw my participation in this thread. (by the way, I didn't read 99% your post). You're just gonna keep arguing for the sake of arguing and completely disregard what anyone else says. That seems to be your trend lately, so I'm just gonna be the bigger theorist and back down. Congratulations on losing any respect I had for you. Bye."

You on post #20 said:
It is said that long ago, when Hyrule was one country, a great ruler maintained the peace in Hyrule using the Triforce. However, the king too was a child of man and he died. Then, the prince of the kingdom should have become king and inherited everything, but he could inherit the Triforce only in part. The Prince searched everywhere for the missing parts, but could not find them. Then, a magician close to the king brought him some unexpected news. Before he died, the king had said something about the Triforce to only the younger sister of the prince, Princess Zelda. The prince immediately questioned the princess, but she wouldn't tell him anything.

After the prince, the magician threatened to put the princess into an eternal sleep if she did not talk, but even still, she said nothing." "In his anger, the magician tried to cast a spell on the princess. The surprised prince tried to stop him, but the magician fought off the prince and went on chanting the spell. Then, when the spell was finally cast, Princess Zelda fell on that spot and entered a sleep from which she might never awake. At the same time, the magician also fell down and breathed his last.

In his grief, the prince placed the princess in this room. He hoped that someday she would come back to life. So that this tragedy would never be forgotten, he ordered every female child born into the royal household should be given the name Zelda."

That's what the story of the sleeping Zelda is. The Legend of Zelda. Hope that helps you out a little bit, Hayzer.

Oh, and SoJ, thanks for posting the picture of what my sig said for everyone to see. It's even funnier to see when I'm not mad at you. Dark Link asked me to change it and never put something like that again. I was a little disappointed because no one would be able to see how awesome it was, but I must thank you for placing it for all to see, so thank you!

By the way, I didn't lower your rep for flaming. One, I definitely know how to spell the word "flaming" and two, I said something along the lines of "being condescending"
Quoting the NoA version of the AoL BS and comitting Ad Hominem. Nothing responding to my problems with the AoL BS on the CT.
You on post#23 said:
Exactly the point I was trying to make. Think of it in terms of the Miyamoto Order. SoJ says that in 1998 the Miyamoto Order was correct, but due to the new games in the series, it clearly doesn't seem to make any sense anymore. This is the same thing. Back when AoL was made, the BS made sense. Now that other games have been thrown into the mix, it makes no sense to put it where you think it should be put.
Ok so you mentioned the AoL BS. Too bad I responded previously to the point mentioned in your post in post #s 12 and 16. So you're just repeating what you'd already said. But you said you didn't even read my post anyway (while lecturing me about disregarding what everyone else said in the mean time, mind you); so it's understandable that you'd repeat the argument if you didn't actually read my posts as you admitted you didn't.

Tip of the day: Read my freaken posts.
Anyway, AoL wasn't made with any timeline in mind so saying that it has to be on the CT or AT is irrelevant. It has the names of the sages from the adult portion of OoT. So what?
So what if they didn't have the timeline in mind when making the game. Aonuma has specifically stated that they are connecting the new games to the old games. Which means that it WOULD matter. Would you like the exact quote from Aonuma?
It's not like the creators knew that later on there would be a timeline and those town names would affect the timeline.
Funny how they say they're connecting the new games to the old games and... holy crap, the towns are named after the sages of OoT in the timeline. I could get a quote for this too, as there is like 4 confirming this.

They ARE connecting the new games to the old games. So these old stories DO matter no matter what the original intent for these stories was.
Seeing as how those 2 games are the ones that decide where AoL goes, it's logical to think that it can go on the CT for the sheer fact that both games were made with no split in mind. They weren't made to fit a timeline, they were made to please the fans.
Because original intent = current intent, amirite?

Now you have TWO reasons to change to a linear timeline. The game text supports it AND it's the original intent that you apparently place oh-so-very highly.
As far as I know, no one ever said the towns in AoL are named after the sages in OoT.
Really? You need to read more developer quotes then. Here I'll give you a few:
Takizawa and Osawa (I believe Takizawa was the writer of OoTs plot said:
Though in this game Zelda is now included in the Seven Sages, the other six have the names of the town names from the Disk System edition "The Adventure of Link."

In the SNES edition game, the story "Long ago, there was a war called the Imprisoning War" was passed along. A name in the Imprisoning War era is the name of a Town later. They were like "pseudo-secrets." We wanted to throw these out through the entirety of the game. That thing from then is now this.
Hehe, this quote hits two birds with one stone. Proves that they connected OoT to AoL, and proves that OoT was the SW. I <3 this quote
Aonuma just last year (2008) said:
Each of the races has a character fated to become one of the sages later on. We named them after towns in The Adventure of Link so it would appear that the towns had been named after them. (In the world of Zelda, the events of Ocarina of Time occur before the events of The Adventure of Link.)
That quote was JUST LAST YEAR.
They could just be named after important people, and regardless of the sages in OoT becoming sages or not on the CT, they were very important in Link's quest, even important enough to be noted on the CT.
Right... the new leader of a band of theives whose old leader was exuceted/sealed for trying to steal the Triforce and take over Hyrule is going to have her name be the name of a town...

That'd be like if we rebuilt the World Trade Centers and called them "In memoriam of Osama Bin Laden (spelling?)". How screwed up would that be?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
That'd be like if we rebuilt the World Trade Centers and called them "In memoriam of Osama Bin Laden (spelling?)". How screwed up would that be?

Didn't Nabaru become a sage during the kid part of the game? I distinctly remember that at least half of that temple had to be done as a kid. She told kid Link that she didn't like Ganondorf. It was established during the child portion of the game that she was not his follower. Whether other people would believe that or not is up to them, but if the kid who just saved the world told me that this supposed thief is really an ally, I would take his word for it.

Didn't Nabaru become a sage during the kid part of the game? I distinctly remember that at least half of that temple had to be done as a kid.

Nah, Twinrova captured in the kid portion. You meet her again as an adult, when you fight her with the Armos Knight armor on. Then Twinrova shoots her with some kinda power thing. She doesn't become a Sage until after you beat the temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom