• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Angry Video Game Nerd

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
AVGN is a game reviewer who posts reviews on older games such as NES games from the '80's. I find them very entertaining. Everyone want's him to do a review for E.T. on Atari. I hope that happens sometime. :)

This isn't the right place for this particular thread.

Anyway yeah, he's pretty funny. But he's starting to get a little stale, not to mention he's just pulling out random games and swears at them. Castlevania 2 is acutally quite good from what I collect. I've had Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2 for about 10-11 years now, and I remember it to be fun, and I often play it when I get bored. It's the 2nd best handheld puzzle game (Tetris wins). I don't want him to review E.T. Believe it or not I've played it, and it's pretty fun. I can't really get mad at an Atari 2600 game.

All I really see him as is another screaming youtube person.

But he's a halfway decent screaming youtube person at least.

hsb39

Why so logical?
He is quite funny, I thought his Bible Games were his best ones. However, I find the over swearing toilet humour gets a bit old, but the actual game reviewing is funny.

Also the AVGN vs. Nostalgia Critic was hilarious.

All I really see him as is another screaming youtube person.

But he's a halfway decent screaming youtube person at least.

He isn't a Youtube person anymore. He joined up with ScrewAttack and now his videos are uploaded to GameTrailers. A year after releasing a video, he uploads it to Youtube because of the deal he made with ScrewAttack and GameTrailers.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I agree that he seems a bit stale now a days. But if something isn't broke, don't fix it. He knows what people want to see and gives it to them. Occasionally though he does change it up. I love going through his older videos for a good laugh now and then.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I watch his videos on youtube and gametrailers. I usually find them quite entertaining, especially when I get to learn about old NES, Atari, etc games that I'd never heard of before.

I absolutely adore AVGN. One of my fondest memories is about a year ago when myself and 3 of my best friends got back to our hotel room after a tour of Washington DC for our 8th grade trip. We stayed up till 1 in the morning watching AVGN and laughing our immature butts off.

NES

Awesome
He's alright. I'm not much of a person for watching things like AVGN, though. I also disagree with some of his reviews.

He is quite funny, I thought his Bible Games were his best ones. However, I find the over swearing toilet humour gets a bit old, but the actual game reviewing is funny.

Very true, I get bored of the constant swearing as an attempt to be funny. But the reviews are usually very good and made me laugh at how absurd the game is.

T

Twilight_Link10

Love AVGN one of the best gamers I know of although one person I dislike is the Irate Gamer man he is just a complete rip off of AVGN

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I love the AVGN. He's hilarious, but the swearing does kinda make me question why I watch it... then I see something hilarious like his Colecovision AC Adaptor thingabob comment and go "Oh yeah that's why.". And I enjoy watching him because it gives me a chance to see some of his reviews of retro games that I've never heard of... the Odeyssey was hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom