• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Termina Field: I Think It's Pretty Pointless

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
I'm going to get killed for saying this,but I HATE TERMINA FIELD.It's practically pointless as it's only purpose is to link up the 6 main areas of the world.It's also pretty small for an overworld.The only good thing really about Termina Field is it's amazing music.The one thing though that I,and im not alone on this, just anguish every time I go near the Milk Road(Without warping because I need the cash) I get scared that the d**n Takuri will come down and sweep my sword off me,it stinks. That is why I dislike Termina Field

What other purpose is there for an overworld than to link the main areas together? That's why it's there.

As for the bird, just kill it. You needed cash right? There, you got it.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
The bird is easy to get past without it coming after you and if it does start to follow you, a quick spin takes care of that.

M

MasterSword101

It's actually VERRY important! It connects 6 parts of termina! Nintendo put it there for a big reason, to get from 6 parts of termina in majora's mask! Durrrr! Lol :xd:

Conor

the over analysing guy
If anything, you hate the takoori, the overworld is what it is, an overworld, and I think it has some nice little secrets hidden about :P

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
If anything, you hate the takoori, the overworld is what it is, an overworld, and I think it has some nice little secrets hidden about :P

Its too small for an overworld,look at OoT's overworld,its wayyyyy bigger although it has no enemys until night if your a child

What I read is that you think Termina Field is pointless because you die alot in it.
I must be missing something. Explain please.

I've never died once.I Think it's too small and just has that stupid bird AND the fact that,although it fulfils it's prupose in being an overworld,it just does not have the scope or depth as previous Zelda Games

Is it small? Yeah. But it has lots of content, much more than OoT's Hyrule Feild. And the Takoori? It's an enemy. Why blame the place that it's in? That's like hating a store because it sells a fruit that you dislike.

Ganondork

goo
Uh, the use of Termina Field is to link all of the areas together. Without Termina Field, all of the main areas would be right next to each other, and that would make all of the different areas pointless. If they were all just in the same general area, it would leave out any need of there being multiple kingdoms and just create one big area. Where would the dungeons be? In fact, I bet the Giants wouldn't be imprisoned like they are in Majora's Mask if there was just a single kingdom in Termina.

Aside from that little bit of information, there's the obvious; there's a Hyrule Field, so there needs to be a Termina Field. They're parallel dimensions, and they mirror each other, very much like the Light World and the Dark World. If one thing happens in one will happen in the other, just with a slightly different way. They wouldn't be parallel dimensions if not for their similarities in landscape, people, and a few other factors.

As for the bird, just wear the stone mask. It won't ever see you coming, or you can always just wear the Bunny Hood or ride Epona and zip right past him. If you need the money then an arrow, or a spin attack will earn you some quick rupees. And of course, if you do get your sword stolen, you can easily warp back to the first day and your sword will be there for you again. It may take up a bit of time, but you can't afford to be lazy in any Zelda game.

So aside from the fact that you need to have the kingdoms connected, and Hyrule and Termina are parallel, Termina Field really is a great place. It's a good source of money, and the music in the background is great. I think that Termina Field was a very great place.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
As Ganondork said, Termina is efficient for getting a large sum of rupees, plus an assortment of other items. With the three-day system things needed to be done quicker than in, say, Hyrule Field. Suppose you got back in time just as you learned a warp song for a new Temple, and you needed materials fast. Most of the four dungeons took nearly the three days to complete, unless they could be navigated with speed. And practically the only spot you can gather the essentials to meet the "deadline" would be Termina Field.

Not only does it connect the Four Realms together, but it's also between them and Clock Town. So if your riding through on Epona, rolling as the Goron, or simply running, you can also replenish there before moving on to your next task. It's the most reliable area, riddled with loads of puzzles and activites, which taking the time to go through it you'll see, and blends together each separate environment as if they were one all along.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I totally disagree with what you're saying. As previously stated, that's what the purpose of an overworld is. So sure. Take it out. What do you have left? Random choppy areas? No. Just...just NO! And the Takoori? Enemies belong in a game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
TF was pretty pointless in the long run; having all the main areas linked together wouldn't be all that bad if you think about it. There was already a distinct lack of things to do as far as dungeons go, and the sidequests were almost entirely based in Clock Town and the areas abroad TF. So, it DOES succeed in fulfilling the purpose of linking the overworlds, but aside from that it is utterly pointless.

EDIT: except for a few pieces of heart and Gossip Stones, among smaller rupee rewards.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
Even if Termina Field doesn't need to be there, it's still really good to have for a few reasons. It contains a good amount of things to get and it's a great place to get rupees. It also serves as a kind of in-between place where you are on your way to a certain location and the setting becomes different, it would be kind of awkward if you just went out of Clocktown and all of a sudden you were in a snowy/rocky/etc. area as if out of nowhere. As for Tecori, yes he is kind of a pain, but he provides a challenge; isn't that a good thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom