• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Temple of Time in Skyward Sword Confirimed

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think that it's possible the French reviewer made a mistake based on the preliminary French translation. I don't really see this information as reliable. They're French, they don't have access to the main materials. I'm not tempted to believe any rumor unless I hear it was leaked from Japan.

Although, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the Temple of Time make a return appearance. I've always felt that more needed to be done with it. I hope they'll finally include that Dark Link battle in the Temple of Time that I've always wanted. It seems like it would be so awesome to fight him in there for some reason.

Even if it turns out that there is no Temple of Time, though, I won't be disappointed. Nintendo can only reuse the same ideas so many times, and I will do my best to look forward to the new innovations rather than lament the loss of various older themes.

I don't know whether I would like the Temple of Time to be in the game. I found TP's version not so good at all. But if they make it a temple with great level design, athmosphere and difficulty I would like it.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
The "Temple of Time" I think will focus less on the spiritual aspect of it and more on the concept of "time" itself, remember the gear behind Zelda? It might symbolize the "clockwork of time". I actually think that the Temple of Time that we know will be built around the ruins under the Goddess Statue, where Link meets Zelda in the beginning of the game. Also, you find the Skyward Sword (I will not call it Goddess Sword) pedestal inside the statue, so that might become the Master Sword pedestal from OoT, then that gets ruined in TP (assuming HyruleCastle gets moved), further ruined into la forest in AlttP, and the Hyrule Castle will be built on top of it in WW (not sure of the timeline stuff)...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I can't help but wonder if this came from a reliable source. Much as I'd like to see the Temple of Time, what it could have been like in OoT, it does seem a little iffy to be honest. I'm not even sure what area it could be in; same with that artchitecture near the bridge, but they're likely next to each other. Therefore, this leads me to believe that structure was Hyrule Castle, and the Temple will be someplace nearby, as they were in Ocarina of Time.

they only got a 6 hours demo but i think it can be trusted. after all they played the game while other site not

Crono

Hylian Rebel
I really dont get why it would be a dungeon in this game. After all the Temple of Time was built to house the master sword and the portal to the sacred realm.

Geography has nothing to do with anything in Zelda. The map is different every time.

Also, Hyrule Castle is not the Temple of Time.

While it is true the land of Hyrule changes in each game, most areas in games such as alttp and oot do in fact match up.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
While it is true the land of Hyrule changes in each game, most areas in games such as alttp and oot do in fact match up.

Yes, but certain structures don't move. The Temple of Time is different with the case of OoT and TP. The Temple of Time was originally going to be in the Lost Woods in OoT, but they felt that they should put it in Castle Town for whatever reason just for that game. My guess is because they wanted us to see the death and destruction that was brought upon Castle Town right after we got out of the Temple of Time.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Yes, but certain structures don't move. The Temple of Time is different with the case of OoT and TP. The Temple of Time was originally going to be in the Lost Woods in OoT, but they felt that they should put it in Castle Town for whatever reason just for that game. My guess is because they wanted us to see the death and destruction that was brought upon Castle Town right after we got out of the Temple of Time.

Actually, many people argue that the Temple of Time is the same in OoT and TP. From the time between OoT and TP, Hyrule Castle Town and Hyrule Castle was moved nearer to Lake Hylia in Lanayru province for some reason. So, the old town got ruined and overrun by the forest, becoming the TP lost woods (notice the ruins). Therefore, the Temple of Time got ruined too and that is where the you get the Master Sword (EPIC cutscene). That is why you had to go through the "Time Door" (according to the hylian symbols) to go to the insides of the Temple of Time, at the time when it was not yet ruins, by going to the past (possibly at the time when OoT happened). Some people even connect ALttP to this, stating that the lost woods where the Master Sword was found is the even more ruined version of the Temple of Time, where everything except the pedestal is gone.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Actually yeah, surferguy. I hadn't even thought of it but it would be nice if the OP changed the thread title.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Actually, many people argue that the Temple of Time is the same in OoT and TP. From the time between OoT and TP, Hyrule Castle Town and Hyrule Castle was moved nearer to Lake Hylia in Lanayru province for some reason. So, the old town got ruined and overrun by the forest, becoming the TP lost woods (notice the ruins). Therefore, the Temple of Time got ruined too and that is where the you get the Master Sword (EPIC cutscene). That is why you had to go through the "Time Door" (according to the hylian symbols) to go to the insides of the Temple of Time, at the time when it was not yet ruins, by going to the past (possibly at the time when OoT happened). Some people even connect ALttP to this, stating that the lost woods where the Master Sword was found is the even more ruined version of the Temple of Time, where everything except the pedestal is gone.

No, no, you misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean the two temples were different. I meant that it was an exception for it not being in the Lost Woods in OoT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom