• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Temple of Time in Skyward Sword Confirimed

It was never said that the Cistern was the third temple. Everyone saying this just assumed it to be true since it was the third dungeon to be revealed.

If the third dungeon actually is the Temple of Time, then why is the temple in the desert? Unless this is an example of an area that does not end in a dungeon. Maybe we explore the desert, then travel to the Temple of Time, which is located somewhere else. But then, what of the desert temple we've seen?

This definately raises alot of questions........

A

ArgoX

Well, if you line up SS's map with OoT's map by matching Eldin Volcano with Death Mountain and Faron Woods with Kokiri Forest, Hyrule Castle ends up in the desert.

A

ArgoX

I know... the Temple of Time is right next to it. General geography tends to at least match up in games that take place in the same area. Death Mountain in the east, forest in the south, desert and lake in the west. OoT, TP, WW, SS. Temple of Time's location in TP was the biggest geographical conundrum.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Due to a comment on IntenseDebate, I think this may not literally mean the Temple of Time that we're thinking of. The desert dungeon is probably that "color-changing" dungeon, which uses time in a sense in that dead and bland areas become full of life and color. With how vague the mention of the name of the dungeon was, it may be that the reporter is talking about this dungeon and not meaning the Temple of Time from OoT and TP. My guess is the actual translation for the dungeon's name won't be Temple of Time.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I'm a skeptic on this. Translations from a fan can often be a bit inaccurate. I would also not expect the Temple of Time to be built yet if it's in Skyward Sword, but there's no real proof for that. Anyway the Ancient Cistern is confirmed to be the third dungeon which pretty much discredits this. This says the Temple of Time is the third dungeon, which is a blatant contradiction of what Nintendo of Japan directly told us. I'm calling bogus on this as a mistranslation.

My first language is french, it was a perfect translation man!

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
maybe after the skyview and earth dungeons there is no order to the dungeons? maybe you complete them based on a quest you take on or you're somewhere and something happens. Could it be possible that you come across dungeons in different orders? sorta like spirit and shadow temples in OoT.

thats a possibility but it seem weird in the games of today where evetithing is scripted

edit: i just thinked about it and i realise that there is 3 temple were the player had 6 hearth, water, desert and mechanical, maybe , like you said, we can make these 3 in the order we want, which could be really fun

Last edited:
I know... the Temple of Time is right next to it. General geography tends to at least match up in games that take place in the same area. Death Mountain in the east, forest in the south, desert and lake in the west. OoT, TP, WW, SS. Temple of Time's location in TP was the biggest geographical conundrum.

Not really. I took it that the Temple of Time in TP wasn't actually located in that area. After all, Link travels through some sort of mystical door in order to reach it, no? Merely a portal. Doesn't make a ton of sense HOW the Temple of Time came to be temporarily located there, but I still believe it's some "figment" or hologram or something.

let's look at the locations for where the Master Sword resides, the first being The Temple of Time in Ocarina of Time. This is where we learn that the Temple of Time was built to house the Master Sword. If this is the temple of time in Skyward Sword then it would be a conflict in story and timeline and I don't think Nintendo would make that mistake so easily... The next location I'll address is Twilight Princess. The Master Sword is located in the ruins of the Temple of Time, which have now been taken over by forest. While he does travel through a portal to go into the old temple of time, the one that's not falling apart, it is still in the same location none-the-less, just at different times. The next resting place of the Master Sword is in A Link to the Past. This sword is also found in the forest with even less building and protection around it. Now I'm not going into timeline theories here I'm just noting the details of where the Master Sword is located throughout the games. Now... the last area, and most confusing to me, is Wind Waker, where the Master Sword is found UNDER Hyrule Castle... In the other games it's been exclusive to the Temple of Time or its remnants, but in Wind Waker it's in a totally different location as if it's been moved or the Castle's been moved. I'm not sure which. The point I'm making with the Master Sword's resting place is that it's always been in the Temple of Time, WW aside, and the temple itself is in best condition in OoT, making the Temple of Time in SS a conundrum at the least.

Also when you compare Twilight Princess's and OoT's world maps, just about everything matches to a degree, with some slight alteration with the forest and castle, noting that the castle is now in Central Hyrule and not in Northern Hyrule. The other noticeable difference is Zora's Domain, but this is irrelevant. Also when you match up the map with Wind Waker's remaining islands, they are close as well, assuming Dragon Roost is Death Mountain. This would make Wind Waker's and Twilight Princess's maps extremely close too with having the castle located near the center of Hyrule. Taking the location of the castle and moving it to the center of the nation seems to be the end result when you look at any game stemming from OoT that includes the Master Sword and if I had to guess, speculation of course, that would mean that forest became overly dominant and took over the area where the castle was originally. But taking into consideration that Death Mountain is never overgrown... it is a shaky idea at best... but alas it is only my observation and guesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom