• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'm going to leave my vote on Johnny
Given the information we had, I don't see any benefit for fro cho to lie about himself.
There is a good chance that there is more than two townies, and Johnny flipping town would confirm that.

Wednesday is busy for me with work, school, and church; So even if I think of a better plan I'd rather vote I'll probably run out of time.
I'll be leaving friday for a weekend camping trip, so I might not be back until mid-late day 3.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT
Johnny Sooshi (5): Pendio, Night Owl, Soul, Malon, Doc
Frozen Chosen (2): Viral Maze, Toxic_Snowman
Pendio (1): Zelda15
Ver-go-a-go-go (1): Kokirion
Not Voting (9): A Link in Time, Mido, Frozen Chosen, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Ver-go-a-go-go, HeroOfTime, Jamie, Tristan, Johnny Sooshi

YET TO MEET POST REQUIREMENT
Spiritual Mask Salesman (0)

Day 2 will end on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 6pm PST. 3 posts are required this game day, or else you will be replaced.
With 18 players alive, it takes 10 for majority.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT
Johnny Sooshi (5): Pendio, Night Owl, Soul, Malon, Doc

Frozen Chosen (2): Viral Maze, Toxic_Snowman
Pendio (1): Zelda15
Ver-go-a-go-go (1): Kokirion
Not Voting (9): A Link in Time, Mido, Frozen Chosen, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Ver-go-a-go-go, HeroOfTime, Jamie, Tristan, Johnny Sooshi

YET TO MEET POST REQUIREMENT
Spiritual Mask Salesman (0)

Day 2 will end on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 6pm PST. 3 posts are required this game day, or else you will be replaced.
With 18 players alive, it takes 10 for majority.

After waking up to see the corpse of Sadia, the town began looking around and those who claimed to be "normal". A particular flare went up between two people: Johnny Sooshi and Frozen Chosen. This argument lasted most of the day, until the one known as Doc stepped out of the shadows. He'd been quiet all day. Watching. Listening. And he knew who he believed.
Picking up a gun off the ground, he fired a shot, which found its way through Johnny Sooshi's heart. He looked down at the crimson stain covering his blue shirt, then gasped as he fell to the ground. He looked around at his fellow mercenaries, then grinned, "Nice workin' with y'all." He pulls the goggles down from over his eyes and takes another last look at the world before passing into the unknown.
Johnny Sooshi is dead. He was the BLU Engineer, a Vanilla Townie.
The mercenaries, now seeing their faithful tinkerer and roboticist lying on the ground, slowly return to their tents. It's time for the RED team to take watch.

THE LIVING - 17
  • Kokirion
  • Soul
  • A Link in Time
  • Tristan
  • Pendio
  • Viral Maze
  • Mido
  • Frozen Chosen
  • Spiritual Mask Salesman Crus@der77x
  • Night Owl
  • Malon
  • Ver-go-a-go-go
  • Toxic_Snowman
  • Zelda15
  • Doc
  • HeroOfTime
  • Dan Jamie

THE DEAD - 3

• Storm - RED Heavy, the Mann Co. Even-Night Roleblocker (Lynched Day 1)
  • Sadia - RED Demoman, a Vanilla Townie (Killed Night 1)
  • Johnny Sooshi - BLU Engineer, a Vanilla Townie (Lynched Day 1)

NIGHT 2 BEGINS
Those of you with power roles, PM me with your target before 6:00 pm PST on Friday, April 29, 2016.

I'm also looking for a replacement for @SpiritualMaskSalesman . You all will be kept updated.

Last edited:
I'm not in for a HOT lynch. I was a bit suspicious of him at day 1, mostly because of his low activity, but I currently have the feeling that it's not inactives or anything we need to look at, but the most experienced players. I think we have a pretty capable mafia team. We waisted the discussion during day 1 on Storm, during day 2 at first on Pendio and me (mostly me). I know my own role, so I know that's off track. Aside from FC and Johnny right now, which does is an interesting development, we're now only discussing inactives such as HOT again. At the same time, I feel like many major mafia players are mal contributing. Vergo is a great example of that. What did he really do, so far? Well, looking through his posts he commented on the Storm-drama, then some comments about Sadia who already died (as in, interesting, but it's not really putting you out there, isn't it?), now Johnny/FC, but yeah everyone is. He's limited himself to make public statements about already ongoing events, and even those narrowed to the already most frequently discussed ones. My past memory of Vergo is that he was a tad more aggressive. Unless he was on my mafia team. I feel he plays careful, too careful, and the results for the town have not been very positive so far. Adding to the fact that Sadia died, which is in my opinion obviously the work from an experienced player, Vergo is currently high on my scum list. For a brief moment I was more positive about Pendio, but he too is increasingly looking more scummy, for similar reasons as Vergo, although far less severe and not as high on my list. I don't trust ALIT either, and I don't have a solid read on Viral. Simply because I've never played with him before. I doubt all of them are scum, but I somehow think we have a strong mafia team, and probably more than one "experienced" player.

Actually, yes, I'm gonna vote Vergo. He's my largest suspicion right now. Forget about the others, they're for now mostly a "feeling", I have to carefully analyse their posts and will make an extensive post elaborating on that tomorrow.

Vote: Ver-Go-a-Go-Go

So those are my thoughts. Sorry, my activity has lessened quite a bit. I was in favor of an extension, but I saw that as a possibility to get more clarification on the FC/Johnny case. However, FC did not really provide certainty. So what to add, I've already given my opinion on that clearly multiple times. And like stated above, I have other suspicions, but when you attack people, you need to have your knowledge about the cases ready. I couldn't get myself last days to put that together (except for Ver-Go).

I can imagine requesting to get replaced in both games I'm playing atm sometime soon, but I need to overthink that. Preferably I'll just rest a bit and then get back on track in the games here.

This is interesting because it's adding to this weird play-style that I've not seen from you, but yet you're pounding away with during this game. This is exactly what you did to Pendio on day one amidst all of the Storm drama, and quite frankly, a red flag went off in my head immediately. I know your style on both the town and mafia, and it didn't fit the bill for either of them. I honestly didn't know what to think.

I alluded to this in my first post this day, but whereas I danced around it and was being vague with it, I'll just be super blunt - I haven't liked the way you've smelled this entire game, and Sadia's death just about put my theory over the edge.

Day one you go after Pendio, someone who has been an enormous thorn in our sides during games years ago. I'll be honest, I'm just as paranoid about Pendio as you are. I can't think of another player on this site that gives absolutely zero hints as to his allegiance. I'm honestly think I could play around every mafia regular on this site except that guy, and you have every reason to share that notion given our past experiences. That you would go after him so very early while a great deal of other drama is going on points to you being a townie who just thinks he's too scary of a player to make it past day one, or a scum that wants him out of the way fast. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't rather Pendio just be dead right now because he's such a question mark that no one can trust, and again, I think you feel the same if you're town. But that doesn't mean I can just try to lead a crusade against him right off the bat; there's no concrete evidence or indications to work with.

But I can actually look past just targeting Pendio on day one, I really can. But then Sadia just dies out of the blue for seemingly no reason when we have a confirmed doctor(!). You may have missed it when I brought it up, but I mentioned Pirates 2 for a reason - she ran circles around you that game, just like she did me. I remember you trying frantically to convince the town you weren't scum, with these long paragraphs you like to create, but she just wasn't having it. She figured you out, and that paved the way for us getting rounded up and bowing out fairly early in that game. You're one of the few people in this game that knew how dangerous she was if she got on a roll, and you're friends to boot. I didn't point this out earlier because I know the same applies to me; but this Sadia point goes both ways, and she would definitely be higher on your priority list than mine given the outcome of Pirates 2. Maybe you knew our confirmed doctor could be protected due to a possible odd/even mechanic, and you targeted someone else on your list?

And now I'm your target? Kokirion, you've gone down your checklist rather well when it comes to players you know have done well with you or against you in the past. Pendio? Check. Sadia? Check. Me? Check. Isn't it weird that all three of us, two of which you've abruptly but your vote on and another which is dead, all have a connection to you via very intense and close past games? Looking down the list, there's..... no one else I can think of that matches the bill that us three do, except maybe ALIT. That's such a weird coincidence, right?

I don't think you're mafia right now because this isn't your mafia meta. Maybe you're changing it up or trying something new, but this super aggressive playstyle is either going to look bad if you're town, or it's going to get you killed as mafia when I flip town (or Pendio does, if he's actually town, which I don't know). Is that your goal? I wouldn't be surprised.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
As soon as the town broke for the night, a couple of people slipped off.

The first was another robot. The same as the night before actually. It slipped away so that it could move its tent next to someone else. Its target.
At midnight, it struck.
Charging at the tent, it cut through the walls, and shot at the inside, punching all kinds of holes in the tent. When they were finally out of ammo, they peeked inside.
But there was no blood. There was no corpse.
Just a piece of paper saying "Too slow! :P"

Pendio wasn't so lucky. He was tired - after being on duty the night before, as well as mourning the loss of his partner, he was kind of drained. As he approached his tent, he felt like someone was watching him. Turning around, he looked for what had startled him. He didn't see anything.
After all, a bullet got lodged in his eye.
As his target collapsed, a man just laughed, "Piss off, big head!" he returned to watching for robots from his tower. He WAS on duty tonight after all.

The next morning, they woke up to find two things: a decimated tent, and a dead man holding a picture. A picture of his mother and sisters. He was doing this job for them.

Pendio was the Blue Heavy, the Mann Co. Odd-Night Roleblocker

saxtonheader.jpg

Well mercs, looks like that's our first loss of a complete set. Both the heavies are down. I'll have a drink for them later. But now is not the time for mourning. It's the time for killing! You know what to do!

THE LIVING - 16
  • Kokirion
  • Soul
  • A Link in Time
  • Tristan
  • Viral Maze
  • Mido
  • Frozen Chosen
  • Spiritual Mask Salesman Crus@der77x
  • Night Owl
  • Malon
  • Ver-go-a-go-go
  • Toxic_Snowman
  • Zelda15
  • Doc
  • HeroOfTime
  • Dan Jamie

THE DEAD - 4

• Storm - RED Heavy, the Mann Co. Even-Night Roleblocker (Lynched Day 1)
  • Sadia - RED Demoman, a Vanilla Townie (Killed Night 1)
  • Johnny Sooshi - BLU Engineer, a Vanilla Townie (Lynched Day 2)
  • Pendio - BLU Heavy, the Mann Co. Odd-Night Roleblocker (Killed Night 2)

DAY 3 BEGINS!
Day 3 will end on Wednesday, May 4 2016 at 7:00 pm PST. Post counts have been reset.

With 16 alive, 8 is majority.

Reactions: Pen
Aw crap, now both of our roleblockers are down. :/ Looks like an ill-fated Vigilante kill to me, judging from the flavour text. Interestingly, the mafia don't seem to have gotten their kill yet again. @Malon, who was it that you protected?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Gosh that's unfortunate. I was originally going to protect Pendio. I guess I should've done that instead...
Don't sweat too much, it looks like you succeeded anyhow. I think it's pretty evident that Pendio was killed by the vig and that the mafia kill was still blocked somehow. Unless there's a Jack of All Trades, which I find fairly unlikely given the setup, it appears your protection succeeded anyway. Because of this, it would be good for us to know who you protected as that person is very likely to be town.

Also, the revelation of Johnny's role as good as confirms FroCho as town now, since Johnny and Sadia had different characters. This means our 4 VT theory was spot-on and there's another unknown VT amongst us. I said you should reveal yourself last day when there was still some doubt, but now that we know there are at least two different VT characters, you should remain hidden if you can.

It makes me wonder why Johnny was so quick to cast doubt on FroCho's claim though, seeing as he had a different character altogether from Sadia. Irrelevant point though.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Even-Night and Odd-Night roles? Could this mean that all Mafia power roles are even and all Town power roles are odd, or could it be mixed...?

@Malon Are you allowed to name who you targeted?

Aw crap, now both of our roleblockers are down. :/ Looks like an ill-fated Vigilante kill to me, judging from the flavour text. Interestingly, the mafia don't seem to have gotten their kill yet again. @Malon, who was it that you protected?
Even-Night and Odd-Night roles? Could this mean that all Mafia power roles are even and all Town power roles are odd, or could it be mixed...?

@Malon Are you allowed to name who you targeted?
Uh there isn't like a rule that I can't name I just wasn't sure if it would somehow negatively impact the game. I protected Tristan.

@Thar, I don't think it is quite like that. At least for town I think there is a mixture of even and odd. Could be right though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom